Isaac
Years ago

New CEO: Mike Daws

Former Tennis Director at Tennis Australia, Mike Daws, is the new CEO of BASA. Starts on November 7.

Was CEO of Tennis SA from 1979 - 1985.

Topic #4971 | Report this topic

In the Know  
Years ago

Interesting. A least it someone brand new. What has he been recently doing?

Reply #57110 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hasn't been seen since 85

Last seen travelling in a
a silver car with Michael J Fox.

Reply #57111 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

Please tell me he has been active in some industry lately.

Reply #57114 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

He's Paul Bell's uncle.

Reply #57119 | Report this post

flatshot  
Years ago

i think you will find that he recently left Tennis Australia ie in 2005 not 1985!!

Reply #57122 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sounds great, someone with a lot of experience in a successful organisation. Even better if thedoctor is telling the truth.

Reply #57125 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lets hope he brings something to the sport in AUS

Reply #57128 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Of course I'm not. Thought it might revive the conspiracy theory thread about the Academy etc etc.

Reply #57133 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

That 1985 date is when he left Tennis SA. He has been involved with the Olympics somehow and Tennis Australia since then. There was more on the press release, but I didn't have time to write it out. Sorry!

Reply #57134 | Report this post

wise one  
Years ago

tennis anyone ?

Reply #57137 | Report this post

Harry Hopeless  
Years ago

Too bad that BASA sold Athol Park

Reply #57152 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

Was the Competition Manager at the Olympic Games for Tennis, I volunteered for him.

Dunno much about him though.

Reply #57186 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

Positive Appointment someone who has not been attached to the game therefore has no baggage and has no understanding of the woefull internal politics from club level to executive level in this organisation,

hopefully hes given a free rein to implement his own ideology into the game and bring it back to a prosperous state

Reply #57257 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That is if his own ideology will actually bring the game back into a prosperous state.

Reply #57270 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How much can one man change things?

We have all felt positive about the past 2 CEO's only to end up in the same position.

Isn't it the Board that needs changing?

Reply #57271 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

agreed if things are to be done it would be in his best intered to sever any ties with previous issues therefore a complete restructure (nice word for move the current board on) should happen, looking at what he did to tennis sa he took from a stale declining state (sound familiar) and brought it back to the premier tennis association in austrliasia

i think this is a very sound choice for ceo,

Reply #57316 | Report this post

sixers33  
Years ago

is that Thomo from the Adelaide 36ers.com forum?

Why did they take the forum off? (the sixers website)

Reply #57468 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:42 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754