Fry
Two years ago

Best seats at John Cain Arena?

I went to my first NBL game in December and I have to say it was a great experience.
Our seats at the top of section 44 at John Cain Arena were very good, but there seemed to be many free seats at the front "restricted viewing" row of section 44, on Ticketek.

Does anyone know how much you can expect to miss out from sitting there and if its worth it? Are there any spots in JCA that are good in terms of experience or value?
Also, any recommendations and comments on other arenas you know?

JCA: https://www.austadiums.com/stadiums/john-cain-arena/seating-map

Topic #49718 | Report this topic

MU fan  
Two years ago

every seat is a good seat at JCA

Reply #884622 | Report this post

Cram  
Two years ago

I disagree with MU fan. The whole alignment of the venue is off. Its my least favourite place to watch basketball in Melbourne. RLA and MCA so much better.

Reply #884630 | Report this post

KET  
Two years ago

Agreed JCA alignment is a bit off.

I couldn't rate it against RLA or MCA as I’ve only been to those for the tennis. Won’t bother to compare it to the tiny ass NAHC.

JCA isn’t quite as good as Adelaide Ent Centre or the old Syd Ent Centre or Qudos Bank Arena IMO.

Probably rates better than Adelaide Arena (TSA)

Reply #884637 | Report this post

Cram  
Two years ago

The SNAHC (or whatever it is called now) is clearly far smaller but the layout is vastly superior to JCA.

Is TSA the old dome? I would rate that easily over JCA too.

Reply #884640 | Report this post

LV  
Two years ago

JCA was designed as a velodrome. It's not ideal, but it does tick some boxes in terms of capacity and facilities, and I assume costs for the clubs also.

However, RLA, MCA and The Cage are better venues for watching basketball. Can't comment on SBC as I haven't been there.

I prefer to sit on the sidelines at JCA, and maybe halfway down the bottom tier gives a good vantage point that balances all considerations that I value- being close to the action, and having a bird's eye view.

But that's personal preference. I dislike baseline seats and seats that are too low.

Reply #884642 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:08 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754