Hoopie
Two years ago

LaMelo now in the All Star Game

"Charlotte Hornets guard LaMelo Ball and San Antonio Spurs guard Dejounte Murray have been named to the NBA All-Star game as injury replacements for Brooklyn Nets forward Kevin Durant and Golden State Warriors forward Draymond Green."

Recognition for his steady improvement, or just a quirk of the voting system? I don't care - good on him, and I hope he gets the chance to show his stuff in the ASG. And a bit more publicity for the NBL won’t hurt, either.

Topic #49720 | Report this topic

Craig  
Two years ago

Having a great season and is deserving, 20/7/7 are nice numbers and he has the Hornets with a winning record (something we cant say about LeBron and the Lakers). Good on him.

Reply #884470 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Two years ago

An NBL player drafted high and an All Star in sophomore year?

That is incredible.

Good on him, I'll admit, I thought his shooting and shot selection was going to be his limit.

Reply #884480 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Two years ago

No matter how you cut it, it's an incredible achievement for him personally and for the NBL by extension.

Let's remember when we signed LaMelo Ball it was seen as a gimmick. Most people didn't rate him a lottery pick, and many thought he was just a streetballer.

And now he is an NBA All Star.

It's a great story for the league and for LaMelo, and it's a trajectory I could imagine Josh Giddey taking.

But while we talk about what the league may have helped foster in LaMelo it's also important to note the kids who came here and had their dreams crushed.

For every LaMelo, there are two Terry Armstrongs.

Reply #884481 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Pretty sure there was only Terry Armstrong. /jk

Reply #884484 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

Great news for LaMelo and the NBL too. I must admit I was one of those who was skeptical of him ever being a very good player in the NBA and here he is Year 2 being an All-Star.

Well done to him and another thing not that I follow the NBA much anymore but I've never heard of him getting into trouble or acting up in anyway I kind of wish in a way he was an Aussie rather than Ben Simmons.

Reply #884485 | Report this post

Isaac  
Two years ago

Gets stats, gets results and is pretty entertaining along the way - constant highlights. He's far exceeded expectations.

Reply #884490 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

I believe Terry Armstrong went to the wrong team his rookie season, should've went to Cairns that year tbh

Reply #884493 | Report this post

Cram  
Two years ago

LaMelo is also made to be in an all star game. Well done to him

Reply #884516 | Report this post

AngusH  
Two years ago

Terry Armstrong not looking completely horrible in Slovenia to be honest (below NBL standard). Cairns might have been a better spot, but I thought Tassie would be perfect for the Russian kid also

Reply #884522 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:24 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754