Isaac
Two years ago

NBA trade deadline 2022

A few notable moves so far.

Portland sent Powell and Covington to the Clippers for Bledsoe, Keon Johnson, etc.

Cavs got LeVert for Rubio and picks.

Pelicans got McCollum and Nance for Hart, Didi Louzada (Ha!), etc.

Kings surprised everyone trading Haliburton and Hield for Sabonis, etc.

Still noise around Simmons and Harden. Some suggestion of Westbrook for Wall. Raptors trying to get a centre.

Topic #49724 | Report this topic

Cram  
Two years ago

With these smaller moves happening before the deadline it does some something big is still to come.

The Kings have officially taken themselves out of the Ben Simmons running with that deal you'd think. Really surprised they moved Halliburton, the kid is a gun.

Dame time in Portland seems over. If they were looking to "re tool" rather than rebuild they would have gotten more for CJ and Powell. I think its a full tear down. Be interesting to see whether Lillard gets moved now or in the off season.

Reply #884521 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Agree on Dame being done in Portland, only real piece they got was 1st rounder from pelicans so definitely not surrounding him with a cast to win.
Can see Dame actually going to Sixers now, and Simmons and Harris going back (Blazers sending salary, Sixers adding a few picks). Not going to try and workout salary, but Sixers might be able to sign Harden outright in offseason if Harris is gone. Big 3 of Embiid, Dame and Harden would be huge. But sorting it all out financially is another story.

Reply #884523 | Report this post

Craig  
Two years ago

Dame potentially being done for the season due to injury also means the salary dump the Blazers have just done could be to bring in star players in the offseason to support Dame... outside shot but otherwise yeah he is being traded.

Indiana getting away with robbery today! Sacramento continue to be the dumbest organisation in the NBA.

Reply #884529 | Report this post

Isaac  
Two years ago

What could've explained the Kings keeping Fox over Haliburton? One is $30m and the other is $4-5m for now. Almost no Kings fan I've seen comment has favoured Fox. Too much salary to find a trade for?

Reply #884534 | Report this post

AK-47  
Two years ago

I think it comes down to a lack of interest in Fox. The point guard position is so deep across the league at the moment and I'm not sure there are many teams lining to get 5 more years of a guy who can't shoot and is a really poor decision-maker late in games.

Reply #884535 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

When the Lakers traded for Westbrook which was a bizarre trade on face value I actually thought it might be to trade him to Portland for Lillard if the Blazers decided on a full tear down as the owner wants to sell the team too.

Houston have said they would be willing to take back Westbrook for John Wall if the Lakers also throw in a first rd pick which is highly unlikely so now that Portland is going into full tank mode and if the owner is intending to sell they will want to get rid of as much salary as possible and Westbrook's contract would come off the books at the end of next season.

Reply #884538 | Report this post

Senator11  
Two years ago

I would assume the trade to Indy was only on the table if Haliburton was included. Sabonis is the best player in that deal, but not sure why the Kings would think he would change their fortunes. I actually think a back court of Brodgen/Fox would've been better than Brogden/Haliburton. Maybe Fox is going to be a bit more motivated now with a legit star big man next to him?

Reply #884547 | Report this post

Hakeem Mills  
Two years ago

Imo Sabonis is very overrated.
Kings will regret shipping Halliburton.

Lillard's future seems uncertain.

Rockets still looking to offload Gordon & Wood.
Magic looking to offload Harris & Bamba.
Grant of the Pistons is possibly available

Still some interesting pieces.

Simmons obviously the big what if.

Reply #884558 | Report this post

Craig  
Two years ago

Hakeem - Magic are looking to ship T-Ross as well

Reply #884562 | Report this post

Isaac  
Two years ago

A lot of extra players mentioned in the Simmons-Harden talk, but Mills got a mention as of this morning. In the context of the Nets giving up more to try and get Curry or whoever else from the 76ers.

Reply #884609 | Report this post

Cram  
Two years ago

There's so much smoke on the Simmons-Harden deal at the moment. Sounding more and more likely a deal gets done. Its still hard to believe though.

I hope Patty stays in Brooklyn but if the Sixers do have to give up Seth Curry, Patty would be a good replacement and would work well off Embiid.

Reply #884617 | Report this post

Narendra  
Two years ago

@hakeem mills, lol sabonis is anythibg but overrated. That was a horrible take.

Reply #884659 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

simmons for westbrook

Reply #884719 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

simmons thybille nets for harden
harris curry la for westbrook

Reply #884723 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

As it stands right none of those players have been traded.

Reply #884724 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

right now*

Reply #884725 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Brooklyn Boomers

Reply #884731 | Report this post

RobT  
Two years ago

Brooklyn Boomers, even sounds good. Start getting used to it, it's happening!

Reply #884736 | Report this post

Hakeem Mills  
Two years ago

Narendra

I mean Pacers aren't great with Sabonis Brogdon & Warren.

I'm not a fan of bad defensive Cs who can be exploited in the playoffs.

Vucevic is another for me.

Reply #884839 | Report this post

threat991  
Two years ago

Brooklyn Boomers

Reply #885138 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:32 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754