Mystro
Two years ago

Breakers Vs Taipans

NZ starting with Siva, Randle, Besson, Delaney & Wetzell.
Paying dividends already, up 11 with just und 5mins left in the first.
Chasson Randle off to a hot start.

Topic #49748 | Report this topic

Mystro  
Two years ago

NZ finishing the first quarter 6/7 from outside and up 30-12.
Delaney, Randle, Siva & Besson have all connected from outside.

Reply #885120 | Report this post

Mystro  
Two years ago

Wetzell on a tear in the 2cnd quarter, Taipans playing single coverage and unable to stop him.
4:42 to go and NZ up 42-25.
NZ looking far better defensively this game.

Reply #885121 | Report this post

Merv  
Two years ago

Zimmerman is a disgrace

Reply #885122 | Report this post

Mystro  
Two years ago

55-35 at halftime
Chasson Randle with 4 fouls but NZ's bench keeping them out in front despite Machado and Pinders efforts.

Reply #885123 | Report this post

Mystro  
Two years ago

Wetzell has 17 points, 7 rebounds, 5 steals and 3 assists for the half.

Reply #885124 | Report this post

Ben  
Two years ago

Big Zim is pretty bad, I agree. Poorest hands and touch around the basket of an import of his ilk I can remember in recent times.

Reply #885125 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Yep Zimmerman ain't good. It’s hard for cairns, they just don’t have the players.

Reply #885126 | Report this post

Deng  
Two years ago

Need McCall and Machado to lift.

Reply #885127 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Two years ago

Is that Pinder, out there.
Or is this like the "Fine Cotton affair"

Reply #885128 | Report this post

Knowall  
Two years ago

Been some great finishes this week. Think the officiating is way better than previous years. Not calling so many soft fouls this season. Similar to the NBA.

Reply #885129 | Report this post

koberulz  
Two years ago

Well that finish sucked. Game needed Taipans win.

Reply #885130 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Pinder and Deng have turned into good players. Kuol the find off the year. Forde doing a fine job.
NZ played dumb after half time, good game though. Siva hogged down the stretch after playing well early.
Kuol was fouled on his last three point shot. Cairns probably should have won.

Reply #885131 | Report this post

EssenX  
Two years ago

Honestly, Breakers. WTF. Wetzell's dominating and so you spend most of the last quarter jacking off the dribble 3s. Siva is elite and he reads the game so well, but he had 3 shockers IN A ROW.

How many games have the Breakers had this year with a 15-20 point lead then blown it or nearly blown it!?

Reply #885132 | Report this post

Deng  
Two years ago

Breakers could of avoided all that if they just kept feeding the ball to Wetzell in the post.

Reply #885133 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

What is NZB's record since Siva recovered from injury?

Reply #885134 | Report this post

AngusH  
Two years ago

Breakers tried to out-Brisbane the Bullets tonight, yikes.

Reply #885136 | Report this post

Mystro  
Two years ago

NZ went away from what worked in the first half and almost choked.
Randle almost fouling out in the first half forced Siva to try and keep the scoreboard rolling over when he should have kept feeding Wetzell.

Credit to the Taipans for adjusting and making a game of it and kudos to the Breakers for holding on for dear life to notch a W.

Reply #885140 | Report this post

AngusH  
Two years ago

Randle started with a bang, but I can see it's going to take some time for Siva/Randle to not just be you go/I go from three and learn to play together, even though Randle has been training with the team.

He had some flashes during the game (that block for one), but having to have Galloway out there in the final mins because of outs and fouls, was at least partly to blame for some of the craziness at the end - I'm sure he'd like to take both those 3pt attempts back, they just weren't great shots. He was far from the only one slinging them up late when they should have been putting heat on the basket, but I felt his two in particular were just not shots that should have gone up and gave the Taipans a couple of solid chances to steal the game.

For the Taipans, Pinder continues to impress me, Kuol should be RotY, and Deng was impressive - I actually thing he should have been attacking the basket even more (similar to Wetzell for NZ) because it didn't look like NZ could stop him. McCall is supremely talented but I think just a bit too careless with the ball to be a high usage player - Machado getting more mins will take care of that by itself I think.

Reply #885146 | Report this post

RobT  
Two years ago

AngusH, agree totally with your review, especially with, "McCall is supremely talented but I think just a bit too careless with the ball to be a high usage player - Machado getting more mins will take care of that by itself I think."

And McCall gets a reliable target who won't mess up his dynamic passing, which may improve his T/O's, a lot!

Reply #885152 | Report this post

EssenX  
Two years ago

Galloway had great raw tools. But he needs to improve his basketball IQ and strength. If he can do that he can be a very good NBL player at both ends.

Reply #885155 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

What is NZB's record since Siva recovered from injury?

I'll answer my own question: NZB are 4-2 in games Siva has played in since.

Reply #885163 | Report this post

Mystro  
Two years ago

NZ are a far better team with Siva on the floor but they also missed WMW's energy and scoring punch especially when Randle was had to sit with 4 fouls in the first quarter.
Hopefully Abercrombie is back sooner rather than later.

Reply #885168 | Report this post

volcano  
Two years ago

I thought Machado looked cooked. That last possession was woeful. Cairns are better without him, and Bul at the point.

Reply #885169 | Report this post

Mystro  
Two years ago

Sorry I meant Randle had 4 fouls in the first half no quarter...

Reply #885170 | Report this post

Anon  
Two years ago

Randle only had 3. This was corrected at half time

Reply #885174 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Two years ago

Think I mighta got one in on that last play, where Machado couldn't

Reply #885181 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:12 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754