CARMELO ROXS
Years ago

WOODVILLE

woodville 16 1s are doing heaps gun this year... i mean there 2-0 so far even though there playing sturt this week they will still do pretty damn good.

Topic #4976 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Boys or girls?

Reply #57163 | Report this post

CARMELO ROXS  
Years ago

Both

Reply #57164 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good on em, but remember they have played Eastern & Centrals. Not exactly powerhouses in 16 boys at the moment. Eastern lost to sturt by around 120.

Reply #57172 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

yeah i agree with that one, your playing well, but dont get to far ahead of yourselves. sturt r still sturt and they will be a very tuff unit. best of luck though

Reply #57193 | Report this post

tt  
Years ago

the top 4 teams will be sturt,west,eagles and norwood in 16/1 boys..... followed by south

Reply #57207 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

mate i sincerely congratulate you and your pathetic team of warriors for winning 2 games against some extremely low quality opposition .
your streak will end on friday night

Reply #57216 | Report this post

what the  
Years ago

woodville boys will lose - girls might win though

sturt boys awesome

kickin ass and taking names !

Reply #57245 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Prediction of Game for Boys 16s

Sturt 96 Def. Woodville 24

Going to be a complete smashing. Top 4 Will be in this order

Sturt
DOWN
DOWN
DOWN
DOWN
DOWN
DOWN
Forestville
West
DOWN
DOWN
DOWN
Norwood

Reply #57268 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Carmelo - congratulations on your 2-0 start, you can only beat who you play and you are obviously enjoying your flying start. Well done.

BUT

Having said that, surely your best chance against Sturt on Friday night was to try and "slip under the radar", hope they didn't pay you the respect you deserve and come out flying? Now all you've done is given them some ammo to fire themselves up (whether it was intended or not) and come ready to play!
Bad timing Carmelo!!

Reply #57277 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i think it is a bit to soon to be saaying which teams are doing well and which arent it is the second round of the summer season there is still alot of ball to be played yet

Reply #57278 | Report this post

Jacky Chiles  
Years ago

(Read out aloud in a southern accent....)

Are you crazy Carmelo - you be acting like a damn fool!

Why that Woodville/Sturt game will be like watching a pit bull take to a poodle!

Reply #57280 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nice one flynn

Reply #57281 | Report this post

m  
Years ago

as always sturt big noting themselves again, just like last year!! but dident they get knocked out of state champs by west ,then the GF to them aswell. never say never

Reply #57294 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes, yes they did ... and as always West bringing it up!!

Who really are those big-noting themselves??

Reply #57297 | Report this post

m  
Years ago

i play for norwood not west! just read the above posts Who is big noting themselves?

Reply #57301 | Report this post

Donna Chang  
Years ago

Jacky represnts Cosmo Kramer - he is not part of the legal team for the Evil Empire....

Reply #57302 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i dont understand some people. here is just a person that comes on here to say that for once his club is doing well in under 16's. And from the boys side to win the first 2 games straight up is rare. You slag a team off for winning the first 2 games, no matter who they play. what other teams have won their first 2 games.

Reply #57311 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Furness, your posts have been deleted and you've been blocked. Learn some manners and buy a dictionary.

Reply #57315 | Report this post

what the  
Years ago

you guys all have short memories - it was only 3-4 years ago that woodville was kickin ass

darren ng
lachy parker
wilson

etc etc

hardly lost an u16 game for years

Reply #57317 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what the

your point is valid but not all the names you mention are. wilson was part of a group that hardly won a game right through juniors. the group you are thinking of is ng, graves, baggott, fuller, peek etc etc

Reply #57319 | Report this post

Jackie Chiles  
Years ago

"That's totally inappropriate. It's lewd, lascivious, salacious, outrageous!"

Reply #57326 | Report this post

Kenny Bania  
Years ago

That's Gold Jackie, GOLD!!!

Reply #57328 | Report this post

spida  
Years ago

woodville r pumped for friday dnt
underestimate us

Reply #57333 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Goodluck Woodville

Reply #57341 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Goodluck Woodville

Reply #57342 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Goodluck Woodville

Reply #57344 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

mate i sincerely congratulate you and your pathetic team of warriors for winning 2 games against some extremely low quality opposition .
your streak will end on friday night

Anonymous, 02/11/05
Who ever wrote this is pathetic, they r an up and coming team that works hard. y say something like that u low life. good luck boys play with pride and u will be fine!!

Reply #57359 | Report this post

ptp  
Years ago

woodville will flog sturt

Reply #57372 | Report this post

Old man  
Years ago

Lachlan Parker?
never played u16boys for woodville

Reply #57376 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NO POINT BEING SUMMER CHAMPIONS

Reply #57381 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

simon bennetts teams always come good when it counts.beware of the master.

Reply #57383 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

goodluck Woodville

Reply #57423 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

can someone please update us after the game of how this match went down. I think it will be interesting to find out

Reply #57436 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sturt by abbout 80

Pit Bull on a poodle.

Reply #57492 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well they are certainly on the rise

Reply #57494 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

woodville got pretty severely hammered but all the same they have improved and have some reasonable talent in their team

Reply #57514 | Report this post

Kathy  
Years ago

How'd the girls go

Reply #57693 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There U/16 Girls lost by about 10. Played zone for most of the game.

Reply #57702 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who played zone? Woodville?

Reply #57733 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

For all bar the first couple of minutes. They were 8 - 0 down and zoned the rest of the game. Boring to watch. especially considering they were only beaten due to the turnovers forced by the opposition.

Reply #57741 | Report this post

Kate  
Years ago

Who played well for girls game?
Are these teams top 4 contenders?

Reply #57742 | Report this post

nutter  
Years ago

anon 57383 i like your style bennets team altho in 14s they were not at all "top 4" material there a totally diff unit this year and will come good once some time is spent together

Reply #57862 | Report this post

Misty  
Years ago

I get the gist of this thread but if the teenagers could stop treating their keyboards like a mobile pinpad I would understand what is being said in all of the thread.
I'm sure Woodville tried their best.

Reply #57866 | Report this post

Its True  
Years ago

Yep. Woodville in for a great year in Under 16 Boys.

Lost to Southern Tigers last night.

Could be a long season.

Reply #58645 | Report this post

information  
Years ago

Woodville girls will be in the top 4 as they've started gr8 with only one lost which was to sturt but i think the top competition will probably be norwood.
Top 4 will be : Norwood, Sturt, Woodville and Eagles

Reply #58692 | Report this post

Anthony  
Years ago

Who are the players to watch in the 16 1's top four prediction?

Reply #58777 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

anthony why dont you watch some adults watching 14 year olds is somewhat suspicious

Reply #59416 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

woodville are struggling in the 18s guys comps

Reply #59453 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

woodville 16b arnt to bad, nothing to get carried away thou.

Reply #59798 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

how many 1st years have they got

Reply #59799 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Expect that they got smashed by Sturt after talking themselves up on here.

Reply #59806 | Report this post

jimmy de bas  
Years ago

I believe Anthony is from Victoria. Hard for him to watch the 16's play. Sturt will dominate this year though.

Reply #59818 | Report this post

eclipse  
Years ago

Information, I think you may have left out NORTH in your top 4 and considering they beat Woodville, that may push woodville out of the top 4. Though I think woodville could be pushing at the heals of Foristville in due time.

Reply #59846 | Report this post

???  
Years ago

Woodville have no hope of improving as their coaching staff is a shambles. As a member of west adelaide the 16 boys will between 3 teams and 3 teams only. West, Sturt and Forrestvile. But with Sturt's history in grand final's West will have a really good chance. Norwood aren't bad, but lack offensive aggression. My dark horse is South. If they can isolate Tim more they should be able to put it up to norwood and maybe forrestville.

Reply #60361 | Report this post

what the  
Years ago

woodville and west girls programmmes should merge to be a serious challenge to sturt, north, norwood and forestville.

western magic has done nothing but help the demise of the girls programmes at west and woodville - st clair was teh hatchery for these two clubs.

12 girls teams each club = 24

this would put them with sturt and eagles - and some kick ass teams

Reply #60364 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

woodville will be stronger on the girls side in the next few years than the boys. lynn is doing very will with them thats for sure

Reply #60366 | Report this post

what the  
Years ago

lynn is good and always for the girls.

but any serious girls programme needs 10-15 lynnes - not just mum and dad coaches in div 2 down.

magic has stolen from the poor to give to the feral - whether woodville and west allowed themselves to be picked pocketed - i do not know

when woodville move from their comfort zone and want to compete more - maybe their girls programme will attract more players - more leave than arrive in pecker land
it is easy to say "we are the peoples club" and let them come and go to suit.

Reply #60367 | Report this post

Undersized Pf  
Years ago

the coaching staff across the baord for the girls in quite good and the results are starting to be seen. the boys have a few teams that are struggling but its common for clubs to have age groups that struggle. some of the younger boys are showing promise and could be succesful in a few years time

Reply #60371 | Report this post

Undersized Pf  
Years ago

although overall numbers are an issue. but its a little soon to be calling merg dont you think. woodville juniors are on the rise again.

Reply #60372 | Report this post

undersized pf are you also known as overweight gd

Reply #60386 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

good call

Reply #60565 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

way to not win games

Reply #61454 | Report this post

moi  
Years ago

carmelo may be wak but carmelo anthony is a sik playa!

Reply #64208 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dont underestimate the under 16 div 1 woodville girls. With fantastic performancer from Ursula and Renee, the girls nearly beat the eagles, just losing by a tiny point. But Eliza, the 3rd sasi girl of the team was not playing and with her strength inside, the girls will surely kick butt next time. Same goes with the last game. Norwood has 5 sasi girls (as opposed to woodvilles 3) and the girls only lost by a few goals and again didnt have eliza. I predict a woodville and norwood grandfinal. The girls didnt do well against sturt, and that was excepted, but now they know how the opposition plays and they will take note of it. North - nope, Eagles- nut uhh. Norwood- up there, Woodville- AGE CHAMPIONS

Go Woodville Girls!!!!

Reply #64599 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

Your dreaming.

Reply #64606 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

nope, whoever wrote the above, your the ones dreaming. How is ur team doing? take a look at ur oen side

Reply #65038 | Report this post

new tram  
Years ago

one would expect the u16 g to be ok - I think the u14 G have been more successful

good coach

Reply #65042 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

under 16 1 WOODVILLE GIRLS beat STURT yep...they were up by 2 goals with about 1.3 seconds to go wen this girl scored a three pointer. Woodville wasnt even trying ...THEY KNEW THEY HAD ONE!

Reply #70772 | Report this post

Anthony  
Years ago

Wait till Sturt get their full team back! They sure wouldn't want to play like that again! Unusual for Seekamp not to score!!

Reply #70926 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

so was it a buzzer beater

who scored it

Reply #70928 | Report this post

Anthony  
Years ago

Sturt were 4 points down and Gibbo nailed the 3 pointer with 2 seconds to go. Too many sturt players out of form also.

Reply #70931 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:59 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754