Anonymous
Years ago

music at 36ers games

i.d like to make a complaint about entertainment at sixers home games. i didn't know where it would get heard, so i thought i'd try here.

the music at sixers games is appauling. what is the point of playing music from start to finish? when we have the ball? when they have the ball? halftime? before the game? with next to no gaps.

forgive me if i'm mistaken, but music is meant to control emotion of the fans. you don;t feel a thing if it's playing from start to finish. No highs, no lows.

i think it shoudl only be used at times they wanna boost from us, the crowd. or in turn, play it to put off the other team!

who agrees? and who do we tell?

Topic #4977 | Report this topic

CC#5  
Years ago

hahahaha its so true all they play at 6ers games is ACDC and it just keeps on going and going and going :D

Reply #57159 | Report this post

DJM  
Years ago

Anonymous, you need to be aware that many do not share your opinion and actually enjoy the music as part of the entire entertainment package.

Continuity of music to control emotions is an interesting argument. At games, doesn't the style change to suit various circumstances?

Reply #57167 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

cc#5 what are you talking about. its all the other stuff they play for ages that is annoying. i personally think that having music most of the time is good, its just too damn loud!

Reply #57168 | Report this post

CC#5  
Years ago

yeh sure MR. 24 if that is ur real name.... ASHLEY!!!! how would know about the games ur always at the canteen eating :D

Reply #57171 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

and even then you can still the music playing too loudly.

Reply #57173 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cut the crap music and cut playing it the whole damn game.

It is meant to be an emotion builder, something for the fans to have when nothing else is happening.

Music man - you are attracting attention to crap music rather than building the hype of the game.

I feel like going down there and yelling out SHUT UP sometimes.

Play it every now and again - oh and pick the right songs at the right moments.

UNDERSTAND 5,000 people go to watch the game, not listen to crap music all night - if they wanted to do that, they would stay at home and listen to crap music there!!!

Reply #57181 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You know what....

it is the majority that thinks like that - I was walking around the dome the other night at the game...

9 in 10 people that I spoke to wished the music would stop and allow them to enjoy the players doing their thing. And only play at suitable points of the game (ie to build atmosphere).

They also commented on better MC's required and a better court announcer. One that comes out with the one liners and makes the commentry interesting. And works to get the crowd involved more.

Reply #57182 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

You've posted three times in a row. Please try to keep your posts together. Thanks.

Reply #57202 | Report this post

known to all  
Years ago

anon ur a tool there where times in the game where their was no music at all.So take ur head out ur arse and have a good listen before coming on here and having a sook

Reply #57206 | Report this post

Mr Blackwell  
Years ago

I would like to say for the record that I love the music, I am not a die hard basketball fan and go to the games for other reasons as well, and all of my friends who are not basketball fans like the music too. There are the die hards, and then there are the people who go for reasons like entertinament, social reasons, corporate people or people who have been given free tickets.

I know pleasing everyone is not easy but just wanted to let you know music man that I'm pleased!

We're living in the MTV Generatioon and to attract new fans to the game you've gotta keep them constantly stimulated. That may not be the ideal situation, but it's reality!

Reply #57212 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

The music is fine!

anon, don't try to back yourself up dumbass!
You make a point and let people respond...you don't have to try and make your complaint sound warranted!

PS Musicman Well done 9 out of 10 people I spoke to LOVED it!

Reply #57252 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

no complaints about volume from behind the goals apollo end good level, and baa baa black sheep was pure gold

Reply #57262 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Thsi subject seems to pop up 5 times a week so Ill have my 5 cents worth....
Ive just come back from the States where I was lucky enough to see Miami play at home in the preseason comp. Pregame and during game entertainment was as follows -

Before the game as people were filing into their seats the main interest was on the score board video screens where the "fan cam" was picking groups out of the crowd to be on screen for a few seconds each. They had 2 cameras panning around just selecting people at random in teh stadium and one outside catching people on the way in yeling out "Go Heat" or similar. On court there was NOTHING happening. There was also a highlights package of Miami that went for about 2 mins that played a couple of times on the big screen when fan cam had a rest. Kids absolutely loved getting their heads on teh screen and many were dancing/ jumping up and down to try and catch the camera mans attention.
During warmups the video screens played ads for upcoming games, ticket specials, and local sponsors.
The intros were pretty standard with the lights out to introduce the Heat and they also had the Heat DJ fire up in the corner. He was apparently a local DJ from a nightclub who was set up in the stands. He had the full turntable set up and it was full on dance/techno (whatever its called now) and it was LOUD! They used him sparingly however and only during breaks in play.
Then it was game time and of course more music time, the DJ got a break and it was the standard 'through the PA system stuff' we are all used to - They played ACDC, Queen, Van Halen etc etc so these seem pretty stock standard wherever you go to a game of ball. Yes they did sound a bit dated but noone seemed to care! At least our 'musicman' seems to listen to suggestions and act on them!
in teh time outs we had a mix of cheer leaders (Hot Hot Hot) and a huge chicken firing t shirts out of a spud gun into the crowd. What on earth a chicken has to do with it I have no idea but the crowd loved it and the spud gun had a very impressive range!
Half time was the heat DJ again playing music that a group called Miami team X who did some mini tramp dunks etc etc. These guys popped up a few times doing ball tricks etc etc throughout 2nd half time outs etc etc.
In the fourth 1/4 the fan cam was back again but this time called either 'muscle cam' or 'booty cam' everyone was either standing up doing a mr universe pose or shaking their booty - again very corny but the crowd was loving it.
So there you have it - thats what you get at an NBA game - a few possible ideas but on the whole really not a huge ammount different to what we have at home

Reply #57263 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Hey Music Man
How about when the Crocs are warming up next week we have a bit of that little german kids Schnappy song.

Reply #58183 | Report this post

Music Man  
Years ago

Already Locked and Loaded Skip

Isaac was on it before the season started...sad man that Isaac!

Reply #58194 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

skip, I've already threatened to never attend a game again unless it gets played. And Bonz and the Music Man thought that was a great idea, me not attending...

Reply #58223 | Report this post

Mix Master Wipe  
Years ago

What happend to playing 'Another one bites the dust' at the end of the game?
I want to hear Van Halens 'Jump',please MM!

Reply #59422 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:13 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754