BSAustralia
Two years ago

BSA fining clubs

What's everyone’s thoughts on BSA fining clubs for people getting ejected. Do you think clubs will make players/coaches pay the fine?

Topic #49779 | Report this topic

Hermann  
Two years ago

I am going to mask up. Find a norwood or Eagles shirt and get ejected.. fine away baby... maybe even wear reef singlet for extra fun.. yeah baby erect me every week...
Where has communication gone and talking politely gone. Too many wankers and no brainless morons ... in the old days soon much more tolerant.. peace brothers and chill ...

Reply #885847 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Two years ago

It's about time

Reply #885848 | Report this post

SixersFan  
Two years ago

Great idea

Reply #885862 | Report this post

Was15  
Two years ago

What is going to happen when all clubs agree to not pay them - ban each club from playing?

Reply #885889 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Two years ago

People who were ejected are excluded till it's paid. Simple.

Reply #885892 | Report this post

koberulz  
Two years ago

I am going to mask up. Find a norwood or Eagles shirt and get ejected.. fine away baby... maybe even wear reef singlet for extra fun.. yeah baby erect me every week...
Where has communication gone and talking politely gone. Too many wankers and no brainless morons
I don't even know where to begin.

Reply #885893 | Report this post

Really!!!  
Two years ago

Are other people concerned that Hermann is going to be 'erect' every week at junior basketball games...seems kinda inappropriate.

Reply #885908 | Report this post

Was15  
Two years ago

I suggest people go to the BSA website and read the behaviour management framework document - all 13 pages of it.

From my reading spectators who are ejected don't get fined but get an automatic two week suspension and escalating from there.

From the document "If a player, coach, team manager or scoretable personnel is ejected, the club (or team in the case
of MSBL) will receive a $150 fine for each instance to be paid prior to that team's next game
o Clubs will recover fine costs directly from the individual(s) who were rejected"

It puts the onus back on a club to recover rather than BSA manage the process. Secondly it doesn't say what happens if you don't pay by the following game. Will the player be suspended, will the team be suspended or is the club suspended. Clubs rely heavily on volunteers, BSA has an army of paid people doing something (?!?). They should follow up the individual and not the club.

Reply #885961 | Report this post

Knowall  
Two years ago

Clubs should be responsible for the way their coaches/players behave. If you don't want to pay your teams fines then educate them on how to behave in public

Reply #885964 | Report this post

Knowall  
Two years ago

Clubs should be responsible for the way their coaches/players behave. If you don't want to pay your teams fines then educate them on how to behave in public

Reply #885965 | Report this post

Was15  
Two years ago

As should BSA be responsible for managing the capabilities of their referees and SSO's. I would agree with you but I have little confidence in the consistency of approach to these matters from referees and SSO's especially when BSA is judge, jury and executioner!

Reply #885976 | Report this post

Knowall  
Two years ago

"It always amazes me that spectators want to coach, coaches want to officiate, and officials just want to watch the game" - Lou Holtz

At the game there will be four main roles:
1. Player – they play the game
2. Coach – they coach the game.
3. Referee – they referee the game.
4. Spectator – they watch the game.

Parents usually fall into the fourth category: a spectator.

Not a player (adults playing against kids would be weird), not a referee (we already have people to do that), and not a coach (the team already has a coach).

Just watch, support, and encourage.

Reply #886023 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:54 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754