Zodiac
Two years ago

Sixers vs Kings 27/2

Kings by triple figures.

Topic #49791 | Report this topic

Zodiac  
Two years ago

Interesting how Withers has come alive now that he knows we're targeting Hopson lol

Reply #886039 | Report this post

KET  
Two years ago

It took only half the season to figure out how we need to use Withers...!

Reply #886040 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Bairstow playing well, Martin and cooks struggling defensively at present on him. Nice start by sixers, can they keep it up.

Reply #886041 | Report this post

Why does DJ keep dropping on the Adams onballs giving him open threes.

Reply #886043 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

How much does this kings side wage packet cost, three ex nba players and high quality expensive Australians.

Reply #886044 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

Surely we're not going to win this??

Reply #886048 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

Cooks playing like World Cup level Boomer again.

Reply #886049 | Report this post

Hermann  
Two years ago

Hang on sixers hang on guys ...pride and passion come on

Reply #886050 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

Fuck Adams is a gun.

Reply #886051 | Report this post

Adams.....wow

Reply #886052 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

Kings up 93-90 with 3.5 seconds to go, Sixers ball.

Reply #886053 | Report this post

Uncle Dre  
Two years ago

Do it for JVG

Reply #886054 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

Bugger, exceptional effort to almost win that game leading most of the game.

Reply #886055 | Report this post

Uncle Dre  
Two years ago

Strange set play by 6ers at end!

Reply #886056 | Report this post

Unlucky Adelaide. Much better performance but the Adams and Cooks show just too hard to overcome.

Reply #886057 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Two years ago

That last possession was awful.

But good effort to push the hottest team in the league.

Reply #886058 | Report this post

Fox57  
Two years ago

That's the play after 2 time-outs?

Reply #886059 | Report this post

Uncle Dre  
Two years ago

Any point 6ers bringing in another import now. Season shot.

Reply #886060 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Dumb last shot by dusty, 11 seconds left on clock.

Kings big chance to win this season, don't see any side beating them with Adams calling the shots. They have a lot of riches though.

CJ doing fine, he’s just got put his own team together.

Reply #886061 | Report this post

AngusH  
Two years ago

If DJ had just handed off to Dech there at least the Sixers would have had a half decent look at it.

Adams looking like our version of Bryce Cotton while Cooks has also really taken that next step also.

Reply #886062 | Report this post

Uncle Dre  
Two years ago

The crowd today? I know we've had some poor ones this year, but today looked like at all time low at this stadium

Reply #886063 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Two years ago

How many close games has Adelaide failed to close out now? Obviously not every occasion can be attributed to a lack of closing out, as opposed to giving credit to the opposition for winning, but Adelaide have been in a few good positions this season, looked the better team, but failed to win.

The other issue for me is. How long has Humphries been declared out for now, and Adelaide are still only negotiating with an import?

Reply #886064 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

Humphries is out for the rest of the season.

Sixers drop to 5-9 now at the halfway point of the season probably not even worth the bother of signing a third import now, should've been done much earlier in the season.

Reply #886065 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Two years ago

Zodiac, that's what I was trying to say sorry, they've known about Humphries being out for a while now and are still only negotiating with an import who can help them.

Reply #886067 | Report this post

Uncle Dre  
Two years ago

Bring back JVG, he'll get it sorted.

Reply #886068 | Report this post

Tornado  
Two years ago

Dumb by 36ers at the end not to double team Adams and get the ball out of his hands - smh!

Reply #886069 | Report this post

Hermann  
Two years ago

Neah negative negative. You guys should be called nuetronics.. no positivity.
Great effort sixers.. push the hot hot team for all but a few seconds. CJ doing great job with limited resources like he didn't select the team..Cam bairstow what arecruit best ever aussie recruit. Been amazing.. DJ in rhythm and Dudty top scoring.. so much doom and gloom.. don't you see light and sunshine.. sixers you did Pride... wearing the singlet to bed and showing my love till next game.. scared the shit out of the kings. Luv luv for sixers

Reply #886077 | Report this post

SixersFan  
Two years ago

"Kings big chance to win this season, don't see any side beating them with Adams calling the shots."

That is hilarious. You Base that on Kings beating the Sixers by 3 with the Sixers leading most of the game? Sydney had no offense besides Adams iso ball. Added to that giving 90 points to the Sixers. That is not going to get it done in the finals

Reply #886078 | Report this post

From memory we haven't seen Adams against United yet. They blow up the P&R better than anyone.

He was missing when United dealt with them twice earlier in the season.

Reply #886084 | Report this post

Uncle Dre  
Two years ago

heard lots from owner kelly at start of season about how good team was shaping up - have not heard from him in a while now!

Reply #886086 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Two years ago

Hermann, negativity for the sake of negativity is a different story but certainly nothing new about fans taking out their frustrations in different ways. I doubt that will ever change. Certainly everyone likes to explore the hypotheticals of what could have and should have been done.

But, I think CJ is doing a pretty good job. Adelaide have a couple of big scalps, have blown a few games and are playing with minus Humphries, only role playing imports, and are still trying to bring in another. Certainly agree with the sentiment that CJ needs time to build a team. But they don't seem that far off when you consider the above coupled with the dysfunction of the club itself. I'm not one of those positivity for the sake of positivity types either, but I can see what CJ is trying to do and they just need to find a way to close out these games. I think Adelaide should have beaten Tasmania, Brisbane and Sydney today in recent times. Although the shoulda coulda woulda police will be quick to dismiss the fallacy of that perspective. I'm simply saying that for all the dysfunction, Adelaide seem like they have something to work with regarding CJ. And I doubt thy can afford to oust another coach anyway. Not that anyone is suggesting that.

Reply #886088 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Yep agree on CJ, he was a very clever player and I like Mccaron as a player and did well in the point last season but they need a player like Adams, pass and score, massive money though.

We will see on the kings, I can't see them being stopped offensively and they will just score more than there opponents. Three ex nba quality players, plus good Australian players. How would teams like Caairns , Adelaide, Brisbane like a player of Glovers ability starting, let at all coming off the bench. Add Bruce to that list.

Reply #886089 | Report this post

Frisbee14  
Two years ago

Didn't watch game today, but it seems time to wave white flag. New import may have made a difference a few weeks ago, but will be spending good money after bad.
Imo (and I'm not Filipino) they should give Sotto and King some more minutes. Sotto has shown great glimpses, and although King hasn't shown it, why not see what he's got and let him play through the mistakes. He's not going to get drafted and so far ceiling would be a decent NBL player. So why not see if he can benefit from decent minutes.
Just surround them with character guys like Bairstow, Dech and McCarron. If DJ has a hissy fit, see ya later. Results might get real ugly but invest in future instead of trying to eke out some wins to finish 6th.

Reply #886090 | Report this post

KET  
Two years ago

This was probably the most balanced game they've played - that’s what happens when you’ve got the imports providing a punch. It makes everything else easier - particularly if you’re setting up defence after a basket opposed to a miss or a turnover.

For Withers we want him active both ends like that every game. Take those shots, be a little selfish in order to draw the defence attention and create space for others.

For Dusty, he needs to take that many shots every game. He is paid to shoot and nobody has ever criticised his shooting percentages, only criticised him not shooting enough. Only 3 three point shots, definitely should be higher but otherwise today reflected the kind of contribution we expect from him.

36ers and Dusty should be watching Mills in Boomers uniform footage because those tough shots, particularly over screens are ones Dusty would have the ability to knockdown.

Reply #886091 | Report this post

Boba Fett  
Two years ago

The Bairstow offensive bum foul was a joke. He travelled with about 4 steps before that stupid foul was called. Either way it gave the Kings the momentum to get the W.

Reply #886097 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Yep disgraceful call, he lent forward.

Reply #886100 | Report this post

KET  
Two years ago

" That is hilarious. You Base that on Kings beating the Sixers by 3 with the Sixers leading most of the game?"

I'm imagine it’s based on Sydney being on a 5 game win streak and second on the ladder.

What’s hilarious about that? Seems pretty fair and reasonable.

“ Zodiac, that's what I was trying to say sorry, they've known about Humphries being out for a while now and are still only negotiating with an import who can help them.”

They might have shelved the idea of a third import?

Let’s say you need to go 15-13 to make the 4, they need to go 10-4, which is essentially delivering what Melbourne United have for the first half of the season as ladder leaders.

Plus they’re 1-6 away, and they still have 7 away games - including Sydney, United and Phoenix.

That’s beyond a bridge too far, unfortunately that loss to Sydney was a nail in the coffin to the top 4 chances.

Given that, not sure it’s worth it to get an import. Spend money and potentially mess with any continuity and chemistry, it doesn’t make sense to be honest.

Adelaide has entered the last few seasons with a new coach, revolving door of players, no continuity or chemistry and no real culture.

36ers have a good fundamental core of players, they only need to make a few (import) tweaks. Focus on chemistry, focus on culture, get time into guys like Sotto, and try to get some good winning momentum going into next season even if they don’t win enough to make the 4.

Reply #886103 | Report this post

SixersFan  
Two years ago

"I'm imagine it's based on Sydney being on a 5 game win streak and second on the ladder.

What’s hilarious about that? Seems pretty fair and reasonable."

Beat NZ comfortably
Beat Brisbane by 2
Beat Adelaide by 3 after being down most of the game
Beat Perth by 3 after them being on the road for what 4-5 weeks and without Blanchfield
Beat Phoenix by 5 with no Munford, Gliddon or Adnam

Wow look out!

Reply #886105 | Report this post

Shano76  
Two years ago

Best game I've seen Dusty play apart from that last shot, that was dumb. It as dumb as the decision not to double Adams and nowhere near as dumb as whatever DJ was thinking on that last play.
Thought 6ers played pretty well for most of the game, impressed by Bairstow- hope he will sign with us for next season, sure he will be more sought after if his body continues to hold up.
I like CJ, he’s a winner, hope he gets a good run at the gig.

Reply #886116 | Report this post

Hermann  
Two years ago

Sixers can make finals but think maybe energy better spent minutes in sotto King Hannah's Witherspoon tadpole.. find out what the younger guns can bring tk the long table.. start to cotton wool cam.. spent any new import next year and get a double barrel gun...rehab IH fully...
Sixers if kings game becomes their new normal array run at finals would be insane but fear will fall short.. hope CJ gets confidence of owner to march on. He impressing more and mire... building his culture...it's beginning..pivotal lose but strategic win in mindset..

Reply #886128 | Report this post

BALLER#3  
Two years ago

Yes Hannahs finally scored but his play style is just so ineffective IMO. Soon as he catches it, he is throwing it up, head down and even in traffic just throwing it up. He hit a lot of those low percentage, heavily defended mid-range shots in this game that he has not been hitting all season for good reason.

I think its a real problem to have a player taking that many defended mid range shots in the modern game, as statistically he won't be hitting that many very often.as we have seen. Would much rather him actually dish some of those drives if he is capable of that. I get he is paid to shoot but hell.

Also one of the worst defensive line ups of all time for a little bit in this game with Sotto, Johnson and Hannahs on at the same time was a very tough watch. luckily didn't last long.

Reply #886133 | Report this post

Shano76  
Two years ago

Have to agree with Hannahs, BALLER. He's not the right fit, doesn’t like to pass, can’t guard anyone, but least he scored which I guess is his role. But I wouldn’t think it’s sustainable with the scoring method, and his three point shooting has been way less effective than we expected.
Withers was ok yesterday too, but neither is that top tier import which we probably need to win consistently.

Reply #886135 | Report this post

Hermann  
Two years ago

Agree pity didn't have the game changer play maker creator that is a cotton Adams law type..... Add big bad boy Humpty to that mix and the sixers be championship material.. beyond the warts and farts this team has character and lije my jigsaws a few pieces are missing to stop the perfect picture being restore....problem easily fixedd...

Reply #886154 | Report this post

Frisbee14  
Two years ago

I think a lot of things came down with squad CJ inherited. Would imagine CH had at least some small say to JVG about recruits, then again, nothing would surprise me.
CH may have installed system for Dusty coming off screens, taken ball out of MM some. If rumours are correct, his insistence that DJ move to the bench could have had the offence flowing differently, not that he was focal point, but his bottom lip dragging on court if he hadn't shot it for a while doesn't help.
Would give CJ a C for the season based on inheriting group late and IH out. But could have changed a few things and adapted more. Next season should be his real test, a year under the belt, a competent GM potentially, holdovers used to his system, departure of guys not on same page, etc.

Reply #886156 | Report this post

Hermann  
Two years ago

Same pages guys. Dech mitch DJ IH Cam B Tad sotto malooooo
Thanks fir coming the rest.. although Witherspoon be handy roll player..

Reply #886158 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:34 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754