Gus3232
Two years ago

Perth memberships

Received an e-mail yesterday from the Wildcats inviting me to join a waiting list for memberships as they had sold out ($25 for the privilege). As someone that once worked in the NBL, this is a truly astonishing achievement for an NBL team, selling out well over 10,000 memberships. Save the "oh but there is nothing to do in Perth...." posts.

Topic #49804 | Report this topic

koberulz  
Two years ago

This has been the case for months.

Of course, with the 50% capacity limit that $25 could well get you exactly the same thing as a full membership.

Reply #886349 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Cats are winners, they provide a good product, Perth people realise it's a great game, close to bars and food joints, why wouldn’t you want a piece of that.
I’m jealous of what they’ve achieved in a happy way as I love basketball.

Reply #886350 | Report this post

AngusH  
Two years ago

$25 to join a waiting list, never shy of an opportunity to make a few extra quid also!

Reply #886351 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

I'm surprised at this development as I know a campaign was initiated by the club in October which consisted of sending out discount offers via SMS to all ex-members asking them to rejoin. It smelled like desperation to me at the time due to COVID and border closure issues. In hindsight now it was them being proactive. Good stuff.

Reply #886353 | Report this post

Gk82  
Two years ago

Be interesting how they are going to deal with the 50% capacity limit? 10 thousand plus that have already paid their memberships even the payment plan finished last month.

Reply #886363 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:48 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754