+
Two years ago

Euroleague Team V NBA Team hypothetical

So I was wondering how they would compare ? What sort of differences in game would there be ?
What would be some good team match ups ?
i.e. how would Barcelona go v Lakers etc ?

Topic #49807 | Report this topic

KET  
Two years ago

36ers would beat the Lakers the way LA are playing with westbrick

Reply #886377 | Report this post

curtley  
Two years ago

LOL ^

Under traditional FIBA rules games would be closer obviously.

In the future when covid f*cks off and Asia has a true Champions league it'd be good to bring back something like the McDonalds Open or whatever it was called.

BAL Champ
NBA Champ
Euro Champ
Asian Champ
NBL Champ
Sth American Champ

Or take the Euro and NBA Champs as automatic qualifiers and have a playoff between NBL & Asian Champ and Sth American/BAL Champ.

To dream even bigger (and bring back the concord) there could be 16 teams. top 8 NBA and 8 from rest of the world (4 Euro and 1 each from other leagues). Dunno how keen the NBA is in all this however and how writing a McDonalds cup clause into an NBA contract once the season is done.

Reply #886378 | Report this post

+  
Two years ago

watched some Euro basket games today on FOX - the perimeter defence was very good. I thing NBA v Euro basket teams would be very close.

Reply #886408 | Report this post

Yup  
Two years ago

It's been done

https://www.raptorshq.com/2005/10/17/1116581/new-low-or-reality-check-raptors

Reply #886427 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:26 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754