Just starting a thread for discussion.

Topic #49808 | Report this topic

Luuuc  
Two years ago

Let's go sixers. Make CJ proud.

Reply #886381 | Report this post

Deng  
Two years ago

Looking forward to the Kai Sotto vs Zhou Qi match up.

Reply #886383 | Report this post

Ben  
Two years ago

Lanard as a player, great. As a commentator, just not good.

Reply #886388 | Report this post

Hermann  
Two years ago

Stand tall sixers.. statement games like these need to be won.. In adversity the cream rises to the top... more of kings game and it be bobs your uncle...sixers by 5...

Reply #886390 | Report this post

Uncle Dre  
Two years ago

Creeky always reminds us what a disgraceful decision out owner made.

Reply #886391 | Report this post

Uncle Dre  
Two years ago

Creek is on fire. Best Aussie in the league that we tossed out the door and have been crap since.

Reply #886392 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Two years ago

Creek was NEVER 'tossed out the door'. He left of his own accord to chase a dream and the club let him go with their blessing. He went to Europe first then the NBA.

The events after that are a little lamentable but it has had no long term impact on the club's ability to recruit talent thereafter.

Creek is also no Saint.

Reply #886395 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Two years ago

What happened to Bairstow?

Reply #886396 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Two years ago

What happened to Bairstow?

I watched the last time he was on the court back again and he didn't seem hindered in the rebounding contest. If anything looked a bit out of breath and hunched over if anything.

Reply #886397 | Report this post

An1234  
Two years ago

South East needs the talent to win because Simon Mitchell can not coach

Reply #886400 | Report this post

Knowall  
Two years ago

Hannah trying hard to get SEM the win. Let's see if he finished true to form

Reply #886403 | Report this post

Uncle Dre  
Two years ago

Creeky you star!

Reply #886405 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Two years ago

Hannahs plays with tunnel vision. Sotto was open under the ring begging for the ball and Hannahs jacked up a contested 3. With Russia and Ukrainian leagues no longer playing it's time to look at other import options. Hannah's is a G League scrub.

Classic Adelaide finish to the game. I am totally over this team this season. By 6ers standards they played well for most of it but you have two big swirling black holes in Johnson and Hannahs who also double up as defensive sivs. Big changes needed next season. You can only have one Johnson on a team

Reply #886406 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Two years ago

DJ scored more (31) at a higher percentage (76)

Reply #886407 | Report this post

Hermann  
Two years ago

DJ is absolute legend ... when is hot he is most lethal in game. Tough game sixers. They elvoutioning into very competitive structure... really warming to challenge of under manned ...

Reply #886409 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Two years ago

DJ is absolute legend ... when is hot he is most lethal in game. Tough game sixers. They elvoutioning into very competitive structure... really warming to challenge of under manned ...

""

Again in English

Reply #886410 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Two years ago

DJ scored more (31) at a higher percentage (76)'"

He had a good game today but usually his defensive non-existence makes up for his ofensive output

Reply #886411 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Two years ago

Again in English

That last one works ok if read with a far-Eastern European accent

Reply #886413 | Report this post

Uncle Dre  
Two years ago

DJ is a legend. Just can't understand why he stays with this rabble

Reply #886414 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Two years ago

Because no one else wants the one dimensional sook

Reply #886415 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

Sixers heading towards the spoon.

Reply #886416 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Two years ago

I just think unleash Sotto. This team is going nowhere, might as well give the Filos what they want.

Reply #886418 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Two years ago

There will be a shortage of tissues and then tree bark in the Philippines if that happens.

Reply #886419 | Report this post

Hermann  
Two years ago

Are you serious team going nowhere.... narrow lost with campy bear limited minutes... CJ missing. Phoenix full roster. Add IH and how much more do you need to realise sixers are very good. Just unluckiest team.. lamington not having that 3rd import. This is error in hindsight. .. sixers proud and glory .. why can't you see that. Give credit not criticism...

Reply #886422 | Report this post

KET  
Two years ago

"That last one works ok if read with a far-Eastern European accent"

Hahahaha shit you're right

Reply #886423 | Report this post

Uncle Dre  
Two years ago

6ers have been 'unluckyest' team since Kelly bought them.

Reply #886424 | Report this post

Anon  
Two years ago

Heermann, Sixers very good compared with who? If you match the team from 1-10 against any top 4 side they lose almost every position. Yes they have played some good basketball at times but they aren't beating anyone above in a series.

Reply #886426 | Report this post

Sarge  
Two years ago

Too bad Cam Bairstow got injured. DJ needs to play defense better.

Reply #886428 | Report this post

Hermann  
Two years ago

Why or what is wuth anti DJ got to play better defensive.. I could say this about almost every player who might try to guard DJ. Plays good defensive but got to play better offensive. ... DJ is elite. Has been for a decade and probably be same for next 5 ir more season. .

Reply #886429 | Report this post

Shano76  
Two years ago

Hannahs just hogged it in the last quarter, can't guard anyone on the league.
It’s too late now, but I’d have replaced him with an import pg and used the third import slot on a defensive 4/5 now that Cam and Isaac out. But it’s a waste of $ now. I really don’t like Hannahs game, hates to pass the ball, can’t guard and is an very overrated 3pt shooter.

Reply #886431 | Report this post

Saint23  
Two years ago

any news about 3rd import

Reply #886433 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Two years ago

"campy bear"? LOL!!!!!

Herrman, they're not getting Humphries back and he's always been injury prone, so we can only talk about the team as it actually presents today. And as of now, it's a team with a ball-hogging, garbage import shooting guard and an overrated Australian back up combo guard masquerading as a starting point. The reason we didn't win tonight almost solely comes down to a lack of leadership at the point guard position. No steady head there to make the right decisions.

If you want someone to make a blatantly obvious, yet needlessly flashy "no-look" pass to tickle his own ball sack, Mitch McCarron is your guy. But he's not going to lead you to wins unless he's playing on a stacked team with other creators, and the 36ers are absolutely NOT THAT.

Unfortunately, he's locked in for another two seasons after this. So you're going to have to eat humble pie and say, okay, who can we place around him so that he actually can be useful? Push him to an undersized small forward position? Bring in a forward who can run plays (something like a Joe Ingles, but probably not Joe Ingles?)

Hannahs obviously is going to stay out the season regardless of what we think but by god, I will hurt someone if he gets re-signed.

It's about time that NBL teams learn that Australian point guards don't usually fair well, especially if that wasn't their natural position to begin with. They need help, and often. Mitch Norton is adequate for Perth because Bryce Cotton stands right next to him and takes over some of the play making and is a focal point. Dellavedova hasn't set the world on fire, but he is Dellavedova after all.. so he gets a pass because at some point he was a very good point guard. All successful Australian NBL point guards in recent memory have all been paired with an American combo-guard and they've been a 1-2 punch. They don't fair well on their own and having to be too ball dominant the way is being expected of Mitch McCarron. And furthermore, making Aussies who aren't point guards into point guards is a failed experiment that just has to stop.

Reply #886435 | Report this post

Ballin Fan  
Two years ago

I really did not understand the game plan tonight.
McCarron and Dench playing 38 and 37 minutes, even though I thought neither looked that strong, and the team fading at the death,
[ fatigue in the "organisers" you think? ]
Bairstow getting injured early yet Withers down on minutes, and Manny not used?
mismatches in attack getting blown off or ignored,
Dench leading the attack with 15 shot attempts?
Hannahs only getting one 3 point attempt in the offence,
[ although that is not the first time this has happened.. ]
they seem to be setting up plays for his threes yet the ball never seems to get there.. or maybe he is the decoy?
and I had no idea what they were trying to do against that one three one zone was it? Corner threes? Drive and kick out?
Not really attacking the centre hole against the zone press....
No attempt to look for slips [or a Gorg style secondary relay pass] against the very hard show [strong hedge] on the pick and roll….

Without Bairstow its now looking like a very unbalanced squad, with not great IQ,
Before they needed an import point guard to carry the ball, provide quality entry passes and to see some proper execution, particularly in the end game,
yet now they almost need a big even more, a big who can screen and defend …
and they still have so many combo guards…
AARRHHH

Reply #886436 | Report this post

Boba Fett  
Two years ago

Dench will never win you anything.

Reply #886437 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

Axel is a little too old now.

Reply #886440 | Report this post

KET  
Two years ago

" yet now they almost need a big even more, a big who can screen and defend ... "

That's what Hooley was saying on overtime.

It’s what I’ve been screaming out for since the beginning of time itself.

“ yet now they almost need a big even more, a big who can screen and defend …”

Can someone ask CJ and Dusty why our three point shooting import isn’t shooting threes?

It’s ridiculous, it makes zero sense.

But what does in the world these days?

Reply #886441 | Report this post

KET  
Two years ago

" Axel is a little too old now."

Makes for a good wookie though.

(Did I get that right?)

Reply #886442 | Report this post

SixersFan  
Two years ago

Best way to feel fine after a Sixers loss is just to bet against them.

Unfortunately the coaching staff still have no idea about the rotations nor the game plan.

DJ should always be the main offensive player and should start on the block.

Dufelmeier needs to be on more to push Mccarron to off guard.

Harris must be getting the best free ride in the league. The guy looks like a social player out there but some how continues to get minutes at important times. He did nothing at two other clubs and comes here and gets chucked in the line up and continues to produce nothing. He should only go on the court at the end of the game if the result can't change. Unfortunately with Bairstow out he will now be our first big off the bench. Look out everyone for our 6'6 unathletic power forward.

Malou on the other hand is the opposite of Harris. He scores 11 points in 11 minutes against Brisbane (after sitting on the bench most of the game) and has since played a total of 5 minutes in the last 4 games. He actually has length, can play defense (unlike Withers), not scared of offense (unlike Withers) yet we have this guy glued to the bench. Last game against Phoenix he would have done a better job than anyone from the team on Creek.

Reply #886444 | Report this post

SixersFan  
Two years ago

Hannahs unfortunately steps on the court trying to prove everyone wrong about his offense instead of doing what needs to be done to help the team win. So we see him chuck up stupid shots and not looking to pass. Unfortunately he is a poor mans Randle. Still he adds more value to the team then Withers.

Withers looks to have some psychological issues in offense. He is so scared to drive the ball or score inside. Sometimes he won't even look at the ring and instead is hoping he can hurry up and pass the ball. His defense is extremely over rated. Most of the players he guards end up having big scoring nights. He can have 10 open 3's and the best we can hope for is that he makes 2 or 3. CJ Turnage would have given us a lot more than him.

Reply #886445 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Two years ago

DJ quickly swished three threes in a row, then subbed off straight away.
How could you win

Reply #886446 | Report this post

hoopie  
Two years ago

Yeah, Camel, that took me by surprise too. When a guy's running hot then you let HIM tell you when he wants to come off, even if you have to play round with your rotations a bit.
If it was a case of taking him off before the opposition could work out a counter, then I could see the point (even if I don’t agree with it), but ...

Reply #886447 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

It seems a coaching trend, sub of hot players, not only in the nbl.

Reply #886451 | Report this post

Hermann  
Two years ago

Exactly DJ was smoking.. when he is cranking no ones stops him.. rest my case ... respect him.. sixer lifer

Reply #886452 | Report this post

Beantown  
Two years ago

Anyone got the injury report on Bairstow? How long is he expected to be out?

SixersFan, since the season is done, I also wouldn't mind getting more of a look at Malou, but he is not a good defender at all right now. I think you'll find that is the reason why Harris has been getting minutes over him. Withers has been fine defensively and has shot it well from three. He just suffers from the same problem the entire team has on offence: no point guard and no plan.

Reply #886456 | Report this post

Isaac  
Two years ago

A record below the JackJumpers and about on par with Cairns is not great. Coming up, looks like Perth, NZ, Cairns and then Melbourne.

Reply #886461 | Report this post

Ballin Fan  
Two years ago

Completely agree that Withers and Hannahs looks a lot worse because of no point guard but also the team generally has low basketball IQ. Why did it take 4 or 5 minutes for Hannahs to touch the ball after he first came into the game? Why is Harris a designated screener in pick and roll plays? and in previous games he has been going iso for last shot opportunities?!? If you are going to play McCarron and Dech together you need to "hardwire" a smarter game plan. Either that or sub them out at some point and talk to them.

According to the post game presser now linked on the 36ers FB page Bairstow just fell ill during the game and is expected to play on Sunday. In terms of the new third import's position, Jaime said that CJ is now looking for the best player available, and implied that the unfortunate situation in Ukraine is now making some good players available from which they now have a short list.

Reply #886464 | Report this post

Ballin Fan  
Two years ago

Cam Bairstow now confirmed as out for the rest of Round 14 [ Sunday v Wildcats ] due to illness.

Reply #886465 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Two years ago

Humphries has been out for how long now? Adelaide are STILL only looking for an import that WILL help the team, as the season is rapidly moves along.

I guarantee you any other team in the league would have someone signed, sealed and delivered by now.

I'm sorry, but this is poor from Adelaide IMO.

Reply #886466 | Report this post

KET  
Two years ago

But entirely predictable master chief that they'd do any import move too late.

Sadly.

Reply #886468 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Two years ago

Hannah's let the the game come to him in the first quarter of the season, which lead to suggestions of being too passive.

So he tries to do more but a lot of it is iso and can often see him in trouble in the key way.

Sixers do try to run plays but is so often broken early on with no counters whatsoever.

We can still make the playoffs but we need that new NBA import like tomorrow. This import will have to be an absolute gun on par with how Cotton saved Perth years ago.

Reply #886470 | Report this post

KET  
Two years ago

"We can still make the playoffs"

What world do you live in?

5-10, they'd need to go 11-2 probably, 10-3 if they’re lucky to make it.

Who they bringing in? LeBron?

That kind of absence from reality that steers the 36ers to the bottom!

Reply #886472 | Report this post

Was15  
Two years ago

Bring back JVG!!!

Reply #886473 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Two years ago

KET I said we can make it not will or likely to. I know its a tough road ahead.

It's the half way mark of the season and seems too early to just pack it in. So many things can still happen in the season.

There is also the possibility of a play in which may extend chances if (big if) we are hitting the right form at season's end.

Reply #886474 | Report this post

Hermann  
Two years ago

Finally someone prepared to be pisitive... we can make finals.. if a few more so upbeat the becomes reality... imagination that vibe being felt by b the boys... said before too much negative juice in adelaide.. the march to finals begins in march.. 11 2 / run yes please.. why not i t..maths say finals still in reach.. believers believe

Reply #886477 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Two years ago

I don't think its worth it, but its not my money and at least it would hopefully makes more games a bit more watchable so bring a new import in. They have my money already so if i get a better product to watch for a couple of hours that great. Just wish me made moves earlier when it was obvious it was not working.

Reply #886497 | Report this post

Sarge  
Two years ago

Hannahs can become an even greater scorer like Adams and Creek if he learns to pass to his teammates as well, not just the basket.

Reply #886501 | Report this post

Hermann  
Two years ago

Ooops whoops think my last post was a bit poorly word editted....think guts of it makes clean suxers can make a run for home but lije it begins now or really like game today... everyone believing... adekaides time is now.. let's not beat around the fringes let's do it on court... sixers sjxers sixers sixers sixers suxers .. music

Reply #886503 | Report this post

Frisbee14  
Two years ago

Only real reason they might bring in import is to try and get some wins and have fans in the door. Not making playoffs, but need to keep some hope, especially with JVG gone and the under new management hope. If they string some together it might save a few members from not renewing. Plus who would want to go to a boring bottom teams games except diehards.

Reply #886504 | Report this post

NP  
Two years ago

Could also be an opportunity to re-sign said import if he's any good. Correct me if I’m wrong but he has to be here and ready to play for next Saturdays game?

Reply #886507 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Two years ago

Frisbee,

Even if that's the case, still missing that opportunity every game that goes by.

I just feel like any other club would have someone they want signed by now without quality and efficiency being mutually exclusive.

Reply #886508 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Two years ago

Realistically, 36ers' only chance of playoffs is if NBL expands playoffs to 6 teams. Otherwise, to finish top four, they at least need Illawarra to lose 4 more games than the 36ers and Sydney to lose 3 or 4 more than 36ers, in the rest of the regular season. So, if 36ers magically manage 11-2, which no team has done yet this season, they’d need Illawarra to go 5-6 and Sydney to go 6-5 or 5-6, or worse. I don’t see all three of those things happening.

So maybe 36ers are hoping NBL does decide to expand the playoffs. That might make it worth bringing in a new import and aiming for a 5th/6th placed finish to the season.

Reply #886513 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Two years ago

Correction to my post above. Melbourne have managed to go 13-2 after losing the first 2 games of the season. So one team has managed 11-2. That doesn't change my mind about the 36ers not making top 4.

Reply #886518 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:45 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754