Isaac
Two years ago

JackJumpers vs Breakers, Mar 5

JackJumpers bench doing some heavy lifting so far, but scores close going in to half time.

Topic #49815 | Report this topic

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Entertaining game, not certain the standard of players is as good as it's been in previous seasons, skill level not as good imo.

Reply #886475 | Report this post

Ben  
Two years ago

Well, the Breakers were certainly turd in the last two minutes of play. The airball three from Randle pretty much summed up proceedings.

Reply #886478 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Two years ago

This is the worst standard of offense from both teams I've seen in a long time. Let's hope the MBA scouts aren't here watching Dieng in this one.

Reply #886479 | Report this post

Yup  
Two years ago

Kinda like jock Perry starting in place of Magnay, not sure why they went away from it

Reply #886482 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Two years ago

Completely blame the tight hoops for the standard of the game. Non existent shooter's roll and rebounds beyond the 3 point line. Great crowd but standard killed by basic equipment fundamentals. Shouldn't happen in 2022.

Reply #886491 | Report this post

Isaac  
Two years ago

A few poor import performances in this one:

Adams 2/8
Magette 2/11
Siva 0/13

4/32 between them!

Reply #886495 | Report this post

Crackers65  
Two years ago

Who coaches breakers next. They have plenty of talent and always an excuse.

Reply #886502 | Report this post

Scout  
Two years ago

Yeah no doubt - ugly game.

Not sure many on here (me included) would have had Tasmania at 8 and 9 this time of the season.

Pleased to see McIntosh do the grunt work and have a good game, respect.

Reply #886514 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

I had the JJs winning two, three games, amazing performance. I'm first to admit it.

Reply #886535 | Report this post

Boba Fett  
Two years ago

I expected the JJ's to be 2nd or 3rd bottom to Cairns. They have over achieved with an average side. It's a shame for them that it's taken 1/2 a season for McIntosh to achieve semi decent numbers. Equally the NS is a bust. Magnay injured clearly doesn't help/ Most other players are NBL1 barely.
Good on them for doing as well as they have done. Regroup next season and recruit better imports. Last night showed they need better imports. "Adams 2/8
Magette 2/11"

Reply #886553 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

They always had the team to be middle of the road if their imports performed. Adams and Magette have been good the last 6 or so weeks, now McIntosh finding some form. They are 6-3 since Magette found form, he is the guy who stirs the drink.

Reply #886554 | Report this post

koberulz  
Two years ago

I looked this up due to someone's claim in the Kings game thread that the Kings are a terrible defensive team, but the JJ's currently have the second-best DRtg in the entire league. If you include every season from 2013-14 through to now, this year's JackJumpers are still second-best.

United, meanwhile, can't be beat until you get to the 2012-13 Wildcats. Even that year's Breakers didn't achieve Melbourne's current mark.

Reply #886573 | Report this post

Scout  
Two years ago

Yeah, Anonymightymouse Magette along with Adams may not have had a great shooting night but he had about 8 assists by halftime against the Breakers. Magette is a pass-first Point Guard that is rare as an import but he improves the whole team.

Adams didn't have a great game but his last month has also been good.

Matt Kenyon may not get a lot of love from commentators/pundits but his d and energy is great, along with McVeigh popping up for a clutch 3 once again and McIntosh improving they are getting some good contributors.

If they had Magnay all season who knows where they would have ended up.

Reply #886610 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

@Koberulz, defensive ratings in 2012/13 and 2021/22 are going to be lower because defensive teams have been allowed to tackle, hold, ambush, use small arms fire etc in those years. It makes it hard to compare year to year.

Reply #886612 | Report this post

koberulz  
Two years ago

Yep, it's pretty clear evidence of that shift in the officiating. But what the JackJumpers are doing defensively within this season still stands.

Reply #886615 | Report this post

Boba Fett  
Two years ago

Roth has said he wants oppo teams to score low. It's certainly fugly basketball and the Jackies last game Vs Kiwis was probably one of the worst games I have ever witnessed. Yet the JJ's sneak another W.

Reply #886618 | Report this post

Scout  
Two years ago

Boba Fett yeah it was ugly, indulged in watching the games on Sunday and all but the last (the Hawks v Phoenix with that also not being outstanding) were also ugly.........

Jackjumpers obviously do not have scoring punch (except for when they shoot like they did against the Hawks) and now have a base of strong D in place that everything else can be built on.

Reply #886621 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:15 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754