Frisbee14
Two years ago

Bronny to NBL?

Looks like Paul Smith has been puffing on the wacky baccy.

But could there even be a possibility Bronny forgoes college, reduces the pressure of going to one of the Blue bloods or g league, comes and has a season against some men. The intrigue stays if he doesn't star here and hopefully someone picks him. A team probably will draft him just to get dad for a year, a contender with a late first rounder might bite for a LeBron rental.

Doubtful he'd play much if at all, but publicity would be huge, especially if LeBron somehow comes over for a game or 2 if he's injured or something. Just have to find right team that can handle the pressure.

LeBron James has made it clear to the NBA that he will be playing his final season with his son Bronny. At the earliest, Bronny is eligible to be drafted in 2024 after playing a year of college basketball. Bronny could also opt to turn pro and join the NBA G League or the NBL in Australia.

In an interview with the Sydney Morning Herald, Sydney Kings owner Paul Smith is open to signing both LeBron and his son to one-year deals. Smith believes that if the father-son duo decide to go the professional route, the NBL would be perfect for them.

"There's only one city that's big enough for LeBron and Bronny, and that's Sydney. We'd fill 18,000 seats every week. If it's going to happen, it'll happen as a package, and as he has made clear to the NBA, if you draft my boy, I'm in. It's a two-for-one deal," Smith said.

The chances of Bronny and LeBron James joining the NBL are slim to none. Bronny has been courted by several colleges, including Duke, Ohio State, Tennessee and Texas. James, on the other hand, has a year left on his contract with the LA Lakers.

Topic #49835 | Report this topic

Weedy Slug  
Two years ago

All bs now since the ncaa, g league or overtime pay $$$.

Europe, Asia and now we should focus on Africa, south America prospects for next stars.

Reply #886792 | Report this post

Fugazi88  
Two years ago

0 chance

Reply #886796 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Two years ago

Dumbest attempt at a headline grab ever

Reply #886811 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Nice to dream I suppose.

Reply #886814 | Report this post

LV  
Two years ago

LeBron can reunite with Delly

Even if it's only an exhibition game, would be awesome

Reply #886817 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Two years ago

First off, I think Lebron is going to want his people heavily involved in whatever route Bronny takes, and that is going to be much easier to do in the USA. However I think there's potential for the NBL to cough up more for Bronny than colleges and G League might. I don't think the chances are zero at all. No one expect LaMelo Ball to come here and he did. I think Bronny's impact would absolutely dwarf LaMelo's when it comes to international and local interest. Could the NBL possibly drop a cold hard Mill on this kid? And beyond money, the NBL would be a great opportunity to play against grown men, some with NBA experience, in a respected league that plays competitive basketball (unlike most G League, I mean let's face it, Dusty Hannahs made it there!). There are definitely upsides over here for Bronny.

As for talk of his dad playing here... I mean we all can dream. I am not sure if there's a universe where that happens. The only way Lebron James plays in the NBL is if Larry Kestleman empties his entire bank and then some.

Reply #886820 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

How good a prospect is Bronny ?.

Reply #886821 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Two years ago

Because let's be serious, Bronny needs a million $$$. Comes from such a poor family.

Reply #886828 | Report this post

Cram  
Two years ago

I don't think its impossible but would imagine G League Ignite would be a way bigger chance. Can't see the NBA letting the child of their "Face of the NBA" wanting to get away. LeBron likes to go to Bronny's games too and that clearly couldnt happen if he's here.

Reply #886832 | Report this post

LC  
Two years ago

NBL Hype Machine in Overdrive (again).

Reply #886840 | Report this post

Dave Q  
Two years ago

Jeez, it would be nice. There is a world where this happens, but I think the bigger problem might be Bronny - I don't think he is going to be good enough for the NBL.

Reply #886863 | Report this post

curtley  
Two years ago

Hel get drafted regardless of how ordinary his stats are at the next level. Surely his old mans advice would be to do whatever makes him a better nba player. If hes gonna average 10 and 5 in college, would he be better long term to average similar stats at nbl level? How important his brand is will come into it too however, so think that rules the NBL out.

Reply #886866 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Two years ago

Smith making Bronny available to join the only team in the NBL big enough to accommodate him is like me making making my bed available to Kendall Jenner .

Reply #886896 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:36 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754