Ben
Two years ago

Cairns @ Jacks - Fri 11th March

Predicting this will be ugly as hell, but looking forward to it as 1. It's the only game on the slate tonight 2. Interested to see if the Jacks can get back to .500 by taking a win. They’re realistically out of the playoff race but staying at 50% is a huge accomplishment for hem and gives the newest franchise a good selling point to recruit and improve the playing roster moving forward. Also a positive for the sport-starved locals down there.

Topic #49837 | Report this topic

Dunkman  
Two years ago

JJs I think will get this, yes it more than likely be ugly unless one side starts shooting the lights out.

Reply #886875 | Report this post

Boba Fett  
Two years ago

It's the Jackies @ Cairns Ben. Sssnakes $1.80 Jackies $2.02

Reply #886891 | Report this post

hoopie  
Two years ago

Entertaining so far. Shocking 3-point stats for the Jumpers over the last few games, by the sound of things. They REALLY need Magnay back (or replaced).

Two slips on the decals in the first quarter - will it take a serious injury in the NBL before something is done about it? (That it happened in the WNBL is bad enough.)

Reply #886908 | Report this post

Justsaying  
Two years ago

When the debate about decals started many years ago, there said to be non slippery expensive versions which NBL could not afford. I wonder if thats still the case and if players' association is making any noise

Reply #886910 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Two years ago

If Zimmerman were normal Zimmerman, Snakes would be down 20

Reply #886911 | Report this post

koberulz  
Two years ago

When the debate about decals started many years ago, there said to be non slippery expensive versions which NBL could not afford.
Are players slipping on the decals at a higher rate than they're slipping on the bare floor? Every time someone slips on a decal everyone makes a lot of noise about it, but when players slip on plain floor nobody really cares, so it makes decal slips seem like they're happening more often but I'm not convinced that's the case.

It definitely was a year or two ago when FIBA changed the rules regarding what decals could be made of, forcing the NBL to change. Once the NBL got their old decals approved and re-instituted, decal slips went way down.

The goal can't be "nobody ever slips on a decal", because then you're holding decals to a higher standard than the playing surface and it's just not realistic.

Reply #886912 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

One way traffic now, cairns players are over rated. Looks like a good crowd in.

Reply #886914 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

I'll say it again also, every thing I said about Roth is wrong, he’s turn ordinary players into much better and team first.

Reply #886915 | Report this post

Ben  
Two years ago

I misread the schedule, whoops.

The way Cairns have folded, you'd think they are playing away though.

Reply #886916 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

At least Pinder has ago, defence is a dirty word in cairns.

Reply #886917 | Report this post

Scout  
Two years ago

JJ's goin ok

Reply #886919 | Report this post

Boba Fett  
Two years ago

I did hear on the commentary Magnay out for the season?

Reply #886921 | Report this post

Scout  
Two years ago

Hope not Boba Fett JJs could cause some damage for those attacking the finals going forward

they have done damn well without him

Reply #886923 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Two years ago

Scott Roth = Fat Tony from The Simpson's

Reply #886924 | Report this post

Groote  
Two years ago

People can sugar coat it all they want, tonight's performance proves that the players are not on the same page as Forde. Two clubs, two losing records, probably a great assistant but it's clear at this stage that he is not up to the level required to be an NBL head coach

Reply #886930 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Forde like Kelly before are stuck with to many non defensive players, he has to be given time to bring some of his choices in, that's if he has enough money to buy them.

Reply #886931 | Report this post

Scout  
Two years ago

To give Roth his due, he has built a foundation based on defence.

Has established a club from nothing that is now playing damn well.

Respect from me.

Reply #886932 | Report this post

An1234  
Two years ago

I hear what your saying Groote but he didn't have a losing record at Sydney. Plus he didn’t have Cooks who was hurt all last season and they claiming him to be an nba cailbre player now

Reply #886934 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

Forde has had a bad run with injuries at both clubs. He's struggling to find a recipe that works in Cairns, but that's hard with players coming in and out all the time.

The question mark is how hard he went early calling his players out publicly when the team was very undermanned. That was poor judgement and has left him nowhere to go now that the issues are execution and not effort.

Reply #886937 | Report this post

volcano  
Two years ago

I think he deserves a little bit more time. His only real impact on the roster was bringing in Bul, Tahj, KP, And Zim.

I think the play of those guys has been pretty terrific. The issues is the rest of the roster that he's inherited.

Reply #886941 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

There's been nothing terrific about Cairns this season sadly.

Reply #886943 | Report this post

TaipansTragic  
Two years ago

No excuses, we haven't been as good as I thought we would this year. Maybe need to make some changes next season, look at bringing in Le'afa in a starting/sixth man role? Zimmerman has been great, but I think someone like Brandon Ashley would've been better suited to the team. Would love to keep Mccall, but I'd imagine so many other teams will be lining up for his services next season.

Reply #886955 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Forde did try to get a Sydney player or two but their pay wasn't near the mark, in saying that players like Glover even big Hunter who won’t get a lot game time at kings but are very good layers.

Reply #886966 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:09 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754