Perthworld
Two years ago

Nets @ Sixers

This is on now. Ben is sitting on the bench with another fake injury.

Ben vs. 76ers fans.

Harden vs. Durant & Irving.

Embiid this season's MVP vs. the best player in the league Durant.

So many grudges and matchups.

Feels like a playoff game!

Topic #49839 | Report this topic

Luuuc  
Two years ago

A playoff game where a team gives up 40 points in the opening quarter

Reply #886860 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

What an anti climax. All hype, no substance.

Reply #886862 | Report this post

Big Fudge  
Two years ago

Glad to see the Nets smashing the Sixers, hope Ben can overcome everything and get his career back on track.

Reply #886864 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Two years ago

Ben deserves every boo he gets. If I were there I would have handed out packets of lozenges so help them sustain their efforts

Reply #886871 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

I'm with ME, lol.

Reply #886876 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

Yep, the pre-game boos were the best part of the night. The game itself... yikes!

Reply #886880 | Report this post

Big Fudge  
Two years ago

Not sure why they boo him, they didnt want him anyway... they should be happy
No different to how they used to treat Fultz though so it is what it is, he used to cop it from the fans as well when dealing with his injury.

Now they are about to overpay an overrated player in Harden and Embiid will work his way out of the team in 2 seasons time when he grows tired of watching Harden jack up bad shots.

Reply #886888 | Report this post

Frisbee14  
Two years ago

There's talk that Harden will be another Westbrook/Wall contract problem in years to come when he's past his prime and banking $50 million per season. There's also a rumour that Beal wants in, but they'll have to do a similar Horford deal to rid themselves of Harris'contract. Funny how they had all those draft assets during the process, but whiffed on most of them. And Embiid who had all those questions about injuries and durability is now in MVP conversations.

Reply #886893 | Report this post

Brutal Game  
Two years ago

"Embiid this season's MVP":

You might want to have a look at StatMuse's "The complete stats breakdown of the MVP race"

https://twitter.com/statmuse/status/1500886796065931264

Reply #886928 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

I don't disagree with that but the way the MVP voting works isn't solely based on those stats as voters also look at team wins.

Reply #886946 | Report this post

Was15  
Two years ago

If that is the best 76ers can do at home against a lowly Nets team not at full strength then there won't be too many more wins coming their way especially if Harden starts having fake injuries so he can't play either

Reply #886949 | Report this post

Brutal Game  
Two years ago

"voters also look at team wins"

Mil 42-25 (37-19 with Giannis)
Phi 40-25 (35-17 with Embiid)
Den 40-27 (38-22 with Jokic)

Reply #886967 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

Noted but the fact remains Embiid is currently favourite to win the award, despite advanced stats. I'm not saying it's the right choice but it is what if is.

Reply #886974 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:40 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754