Isaac
Years ago

Bogut's second game

GameCast: Bucks vs Nets

Great showing from Bogut. Nearing the end of the third quarter and despite 4-12 shooting from the field and 2-5 FT, Bogut has 10 points, 14 rebounds (game-high - no one else has more than 7) and 4 assists.

Good to have a competitive Aussie in the league!

Topic #4985 | Report this topic

olskoolgamer  
Years ago

Hope he can keep this up and be consistent. He is doing great so far...

Reply #57274 | Report this post

Northerner  
Years ago

I'm all for him playing well, just not against Jersey (baby).

Reply #57276 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

10 points, 17 boards, 4 assists

Nice game. Pity about the FG%, but it's expected. Anyone watch the game? Was it poor shot selection or just a bit of bad luck?

Reply #57283 | Report this post

olskoolgamer  
Years ago

Man, Redd's looking pretty good this year too. Two good performances so far this season...

Reply #57284 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

theDoctor

I watched half the game and the ball rimmed out a couple of times unluckily.
The other thing was that the ref's were letting a lot of contact go in the paint - commented on by the callers a number of times.
Kidd and Carter suffered a few loose one's too. Bogut was also attributed with 3 put backs during which he was slammed in the back - no call .
His passing was excellent as usual and did not get beaten too much in help D either. Good signs.

Reply #57285 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I just glad he's not from South Australia!!!!

Reply #57286 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Lots of missed tip ins etc...may i say not unlike our own Jacob Holmes

Jefferson got tossed in the third for a soft behind the play incident.

Second most foul shots in NBA history for 1 quarter.

46 taken in the last which lasted over 40 minutes.

Reply #57287 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Go the Bucks!
My new no.2 team.

I wonder if Barkley will come out and say hell bet $1,000 Bogut wont score 20 points like he did with Yao

Reply #57288 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeah good to see him have good back to back games, just a shame as someone mentioned about his Fg%.

Reply #57293 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bogut is like my new favourite player :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Bad coaching by the Nets let this one slip... he left the benchies too long on the court, let the Bucks get back in it.

Reply #57298 | Report this post

He had a great 3rd quarter. Bucks went into a zone D and he looked very comfortable, plays great position D.
He didn't have any turnovers and pretty much lets the game come to him , sets strong picks and swings the ball quickly.
Michael Redd could easily lead the league in scoring this year, his 3rd quarter was devastating, unconcious shooting. TJ Ford is as quick as anyone out there, he wasn't outplayed by his opposite in Kidd.
Best backcourt for the Bucks since Sidney Moncrief and Marquees Johnson.
Thats 2 road wins already - after only winning 7 road games last season.

Reply #57300 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Whilst it ain't about Bogut, guess who got the first triple double of the season

AI.....nup
Wade........nup
LeBron............nup
Kobe...................nup
Chris Duhon............... yep

stat line of 18 points, 12 assists and 10 rebounds. Not bad for a mid second rounder.

Reply #57320 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

And that is less than a week after being carried off the floor on a stretcher...

Kidd went close to a TD. Wade wasn't horrendously far off, and KG was a few stats off.

Lebron, Kobe and Iverson didn't even get close!

BTW, yet another OT in the Lakers vs Nuggets game...

Reply #57322 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Nene's little knee problem in the first game turned into a big knee problem today.

MRI revealed a torn anterior cruciate ligament and will likely miss the remainder of the season.

There goes his big payday.....

Reply #57330 | Report this post

ptp  
Years ago

wot a gun

Reply #57375 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Finals stats:
32:34 minutes
10 points
17 rebounds
4 assists
1 steal
0 blocks
0 turnovers
4 fouls
4/13 Field Goals
2/5 Free Throws

Great effort on the boards! The first of many double-doubles I'm sure!

Reply #57388 | Report this post

m dizzle  
Years ago

After watching the game Boguts focus on getting every rebound and his willingness to bang bodies with anyone will lead him to a double digit rebound avg for this season. Sure its easy to say this after 2 games but its not his stats that make me think this its his rebounding ability in general.

Reply #57395 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

not playing that well, expect atleast 16 pts a game.

So far 17 and 13, not that bad but not worth no.1 pick

GO AUSTRALIA!!!

Reply #57517 | Report this post

m dizzle  
Years ago

And what other rookies are having a greater effect than bogut over 2 games in two away wins and playing in crunchtime, and are therefore more worthy of the no.1 pick?

Reply #57604 | Report this post

Morph  
Years ago

I think he's a tremendous talent the best to have come since Luc Longley ... see how he goes against Tim Duncan ... Kevin Garnett ... Ben and Rasheed Wallace.

Reply #57612 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:16 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754