hoopie
Two years ago

2022 NBA Draft

I was looking at a mock draft yesterday and saw Daniels, Hukporti and Besson mentioned. Another one early in the season only had Dieng.

I was impressed with Daniels in the All Star weekend, Hukporti has really improved, and Besson has impressed all season. Dieng is finally starting to look comfortable. And then there's a wild-card like JLA.

Who do you think is likely to get a call-up on draft day?

Topic #49850 | Report this topic

Anon  
Two years ago

JLA cannot be drafted. Will get a contract like Landale or go through summer league to get picked up

Reply #887150 | Report this post

hoopie  
Two years ago

You're right about JLA, of course. I should have asked who people think will be the next Aussies / Kiwis or NS into the NBA

Reply #887166 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Two years ago

In my mock draft I've got Travers going early in the 5th round

Reply #887168 | Report this post

Yup  
Two years ago

Love travers but prolly another year away from being a 5th round pick

Reply #887186 | Report this post

hoopie  
Two years ago

One of the reputable mock drafts has him in the 90s from memory, so someone thinks he's worth higher than 5th round.

Reply #887197 | Report this post

Weedy Slug  
Two years ago

Travers ain't no nba player.

Height-yes
Athleticism-yes
Everything else below par.

Reply #887199 | Report this post

Narendra  
Two years ago

Dyson is a indeed a solid prospect with a high floor, it's just that i'm not entirely sure what his ceiling is though, he reminds me a bit of josh green minus the elite athleticism and the extremely flashy, highlight reel passing but better playmaking ability. Although he, like green is also a bit raw on the offensive end with a limited scoring bag. I expect him to go anywhere between 15-20.

And as for dieng , i rate him much higher than dyson despite what the mock drafts have to say atm . An 18 yr old 6'10 athletic wing who can also handle the ball like a guard...hmm, where have i seen that before.... He could be a proper unicorn prospect if he adds some size. Moreover he's also playing in a far tougher league than dyson. He could very well end up being a lottery pick if he is given a bigger role in the offense.

Reply #887252 | Report this post

Hakeem Mills  
Two years ago

Dyson is great
But
Wonder what people will think of his lack of shooting ability atm

We have really got a young core that is great but can't shoot

Giddey Exum Daniels Thybulle Simmons

Josh Green is average shooter but a level above the rest.
Landale might be our best shooter at C.

Strange coming from
Mills Delly Broekhoff Ingles to the up and coming stars

Reply #887833 | Report this post

hoopie  
Two years ago

I reckon Hukporti is now the most likely to be drafted, followed by Daniels, Besson then Dieng.

All have shown some impressive play during recent games, so I guess it comes down to what position they'd play in the NBA. Dieng seems the weakest in terms of fitting into a set position; Europe would seem a better option for him.

Reply #889271 | Report this post

Cram  
Two years ago

In the latest mock on ESPN

https://www.espn.com.au/nba/insider/story/_/id/33673482/2022-nba-mock-draft-prospects-rise-ncaa-tournament

They've got Daniels at 10
Dieng at 18
Besson at 32

Then undrafted Hukporti at 71 and Travers at 95 prospects.

Reply #889369 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:37 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754