Isaac
Two years ago

At least two NBLxNBA games planned

Topic #49865 | Report this topic

curtley  
Two years ago

How far away are we from one being played here?

Reply #887544 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Two years ago

The only reason a game will be played in Australia is if it is financially viable for a team to do it. There is no reason why it would be unless they charge a stupid amount per ticket. There also isnt the same potential for growth in NBA interest here as there is in Mumbai or places where there is a smaller interest but bigger population. And for that, we will probably continue to be overlooked.

As for the NBL/NBA games, theyre a great novelty but I am not sure how much they really do for the league. Sometimes we're competitive, other times we get our asses absolutely whooped. I enjoy the games but am yet to see a convincing argument for why they need to continue.

Reply #887546 | Report this post

NBLTigers  
Two years ago

I'm not a big fan on NBL teams going to America to just play NBA teams in their preseason.

One, too time consuming. Two, it affects some NBL teams regular season schedules.

Reply #887550 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:01 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754