Kanga
Two years ago

Colds, flu and injuries

If my Div 1 team is impacted by a few players having a cold, or the flu or just some injuries, or a mix of all of those things, can I change the fixture? Assume not. But I can call time by invoking COVID. So, why wouldn't a team impacted by a cold, the flu or a few injuries just say that they have a Covid issue and postpone a game? How is that regulated? Interested to hear of any experience so far this year. What is BSA’s view on this and how do they regulate it? Any similar issues in NSW or Vic?

Topic #49882 | Report this topic

Hermann  
Two years ago

Because you need to be a close contact or covid positive ti be imparted by covid... an injury is not covid connected..

Reply #887821 | Report this post

Hermann  
Two years ago

Because you need to be a close contact or covid positive ti be imparted by covid... an injury is not covid connected..

Reply #887822 | Report this post

Kanga  
Two years ago

No worries. Is that regulated at all? Or just because? How does BSA look at that? Think it's all on a say so. Could never pull games before because don’t have the cattle on the park, but now people can just invoke CoVID and get away with it.

Reply #887823 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Two years ago

I'd expect you would have to prove COVID. Photo of positive RAT result, confirmation PCR, Govt directive that your a close contact etc

Reply #887825 | Report this post

Frisbee14  
Two years ago

So if they haven't got covid you want to cheat by saying they have but want to make sure you won't get caught out if BSA check?
How about giving a couple of your div 2s a chance and bring them up.

Reply #887844 | Report this post

+  
Two years ago

I have wondered that too - you could advise that team is affected by close contacts and can't play.
Get's down to the integrity of persons involved.
Although the only thing you are achieving is getting out of a game.
It may affect lower Division team gradings though - but not Div 1.
Could affect State Champs seedings - but hopefully competitions committee (or similar) reviews that. That would be the only significant matter around a loss vrs a COVID postponement.

Reply #887849 | Report this post

+  
Two years ago

a loss affects your win / loss % for table placement where a postponement doesn't affect your W/L % as it is not counted as a game played = better W/L % and higher table finish.

Reply #887851 | Report this post

Nightwing  
Two years ago

It's a mess. Some games replayed. I know of at least one team that was forced to play 3 games in one weekend, two on the same morning.

Some games have just been called a draw because BSA had already squeezed too many games into a small amount of time. Instead of playing games prior to Christmas. My guess to give the rookie CM a chance to get some kind of draw out. And what a mess of a draw that is, especially for the "grading" seasons which there's no rime or reason for and no grid and more blowouts then ever before.

Fact is BSA has such little resources in talent and people, a club can claim COVID and BSA don't have any means to follow up. Legally it would be unable to anyway.

It's a honour system. Which has never worked before. Almost as bad as their ever changing behaviour policy, which again puts all the onus on the Clubs and BSA take zero responsibility.

Reply #887852 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:56 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754