Dunkman
Two years ago

Perth v JJs

Great start to the game by both sides. Tasmania just make me shake my head how good they are going.

Topic #49886 | Report this topic

AngusH  
Two years ago

Redhage struggling a bit early.

Reply #887886 | Report this post

Screeningnick  
Two years ago

I really dislike Kevin White

Reply #887888 | Report this post

AngusH  
Two years ago

Tassie's defensive intensity reminds me a lot of classic-era Cats, minus the height and talent.

Reply #887889 | Report this post

KWhite_Rulez  
Two years ago

White is a waste of space

Reply #887890 | Report this post

KWhite_Rulez  
Two years ago

White Rulez!

Reply #887892 | Report this post

KWhite_Rulez  
Two years ago

That's a terrible call for oob.

Reply #887893 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

Redhage struggling a bit early.

How awful is his American Aussie drawl?

Damn, Jumpers with the dagger.

Reply #887894 | Report this post

KWhite_Rulez  
Two years ago

Terrible effort by the Cats tonight.

Reply #887895 | Report this post

Screeningnick  
Two years ago

No effort Perth against full effort Tas. Those Kevin White minutes killed Perth. ScoMo has no idea what he's doing & gets carried by his superstar players.

Reply #887896 | Report this post

Ben  
Two years ago

Jacks. Wow. That Magette strip of Blanch at the end was real nice.

Reply #887897 | Report this post

AngusH  
Two years ago

Such an ordinary slate of games on paper, glad I actually decided to sit through them.

Reply #887898 | Report this post

KWhite_Rulez  
Two years ago

I thought Travers would take a leap this year and get a shot in the NBA next season. Unfortunately that leap he took was off a cliff.

Reply #887899 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

ScoMo has no idea what he's doing & gets carried by his superstar players.

This.

Reply #887900 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Two years ago

Dare I say Magney was dominating inside with 4/5 and they just stop using him???
Not sure if this Brown guy would want to play when ScoMo clearly doesn't like bigs.

And yeah, that should be the last we see of White. Give all his minutes to Zunic.

Reply #887901 | Report this post

djmenow  
Two years ago

With all the proper guards in our team, ScoMos goto is Travers.
Look Travers at full flight going for dunks with no one in front of him is awesome, him bringing the ball down the court is nothing but trouble. How many forced shots and terrible handles.
White looked like he was still dealing with personal issues.
Zunic got like 2 minutes on court.
We just looked so uninterested tonight.

Reply #887902 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Two years ago

Haha, ScoMo teeing off in the presser was quality. Not quite Luke Beveridge but a few F bombs for sure!

Reply #887903 | Report this post

AngusH  
Two years ago

What was he upset about this time, that the game started late again?

Reply #887904 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Two years ago

Reporter basically went straight to import signings, ScoMo went off. Good entertainment.

Reply #887905 | Report this post

Bol  
Two years ago

I dont think import signings will make much difference if they continue playing iso ball offense and soft defense like tonight. You know you are pretty shite if your opponent doesn't score for 5 minutes and still wins the game on your court. A little more effort on the boards and its a different result.

Reply #887907 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Two years ago

Great game from the JJ's

Cats really lacked intensity for most of the game as others have mentioned. Missing Norton obviously hurts in that department but it shouldn't make us as passive as that.

I don't get how that out of bounds near the end wasn't overturned once it went to the video replay. Pretty obvious deflection.

Reply #887908 | Report this post

Frog 22  
Two years ago

Anyone have the full press conference? League and wildcats have edited it down.

Reply #887910 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Two years ago

https://thewest.com.au/sport/basketball/perth-wildcats-coach-scott-morrison-lashes-out-following-shock-home-nbl-loss-to-tasmania-jackjumpers-c-6194884

Pretty much word for word in here

Reply #887911 | Report this post

Ballman  
Two years ago

I think whilst the cats may be able to rattle off some success in the finals, their poor defence that keeps plaguing them in my mind puts them as unlikely to win this year.

The attack on the reporters in todays press conference was unprofessional

Frazier was a problem signing and the cats have dragged out the saga. He also seems super injury prone for how little he plays. They needed a change a long time ago as our rebounding and defence issues are not new.

New owners should take note that underperforming Imports are heavily focused on here in Perth - e.g. Cookie Jnr, Dario hunt and so on... Their leaving Scomo to answer questions but he probably doesn't understand that culturally Aussies like straight talking and not vague responses.

Whats wrong with saying "we are looking to sign brown but it may not come through in time etc..." Just give it to us straight.

Reply #887912 | Report this post

Scout  
Two years ago

Fairly happy with that win as a JJ's supporter.

Reply #887913 | Report this post

Scout  
Two years ago

Interested in thoughts on if Scott Roth is now in calculation for coach of the year?

Reply #887914 | Report this post

Boba Fett  
Two years ago

"Dare I say Magney was dominating inside with 4/5 and they just stop using him???"

Magnay or Magette? Great win to the Jackies. Paying $6.60 as well.! Best win in their franchise history without Magnay.

ScoMo teeing off for more entertainment after the game was awesome. "These guys are busting their ass out there every day. I go to a press conference and it's eight minutes of some f...ing phantom legend guy that no one knows about or knows anything they’re talking about." So Brown is a phantom guy? THat's part of being a HC. Magette doing a Cotton on Cotton was awesome to see!! The breakdown and the step back 3. Nothing but net.

Reply #887915 | Report this post

Scout  
Two years ago

Was that last 3 Magette or Adams, fairly sure it was Adams?

Huge game from McVeigh, great D from all of the JJ's. Being undersized and out rebounding the Wildcats in their house deserves respect.

Reply #887916 | Report this post

Bol  
Two years ago

Absolute respect to the JJ's! They executed to perfection.

They need to hang on Scott Roth for the long term he could be Gleeson 2.0. I would have liked the cats to be able to sign him. The cats defense and rebounding is sub par under Morrison but that could also be personnel. But when you are getting beaten in the effort category that's a coach not getting the best out of his players.

Reply #887918 | Report this post

Bored  
Two years ago

not very bright by Scomo to tee off on the media the day or two before they HAVE to sign a new import and release Frazier...

Reply #887919 | Report this post

Drexler  
Two years ago

Its most but not all of the supporting cast letting the cats down. I dont blame scomo hes their new coach new system but has been a solid coach imo. Cotton, law, norton, a couple of others play smart and with heart every time but if the rest of the roster are consistently not going to box out (majok, hodgson, wagstaff key culprits), commit to a play (travers), drive into traffic and shoot with one hand (Blanchfield though hes a great shooter) etc etc we are fucked. Great game JJs

Reply #887920 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

It would be a shame if the Jumpers didn't make it to the post season. Hopefully Sydney fade and Tassie get in.

Reply #887921 | Report this post

Big Fudge  
Two years ago

The whole Frasier/Brown thing has been poorly handled by the Cats as a whole. When it the last time something like this has happened? when a player comes in and is seen in the Cats training stadium prior to any official announcement being made?

I dont put this blame on Scomo, but I do wonder if he is going to be at the Cats next season or if its going to be a one and done deal for him.

Reply #887922 | Report this post

Scout  
Two years ago

From a JJ's supporter reckon they will just miss out on the finals even though I'd love them to make it.

Damn, they had two development players on in the first quarter of last night's game and still got the w.

Reply #887923 | Report this post

Big Fudge  
Two years ago

I'm also surprised we didnt give Hodgson more minutes last night, he looked good in the 12 minutes he got, scored easily under the basket and played with good energy.

Reply #887924 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Sydney are not missing out unless injuries, Perth will find that out tomorrow. Sydney are favourites.

Reply #887932 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

Melbourne are favourites with Perth narrowly behind in second.

Reply #887933 | Report this post

Cram  
Two years ago

Took my Tigers 10 years to win in Perth. Well done JJs

Reply #887934 | Report this post

Boba Fett  
Two years ago

Kings $2.30. Wildcats $1.68.

Reply #887936 | Report this post

Ballman  
Two years ago

With norton out, no Frazier and likely no Brown and minutes limits for hodgson - dont think cats will get it over Sydney.

Reply #887938 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Sydney at full strength are stacked, Perth got lot work to do to compete imo.

Reply #887941 | Report this post

Scout  
Two years ago

Morrison asked to respond re potential breach of conduct by the NBL due to statements he made in post game press conference.

Anything more to what he said than bagging the media?

Reply #887943 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Two years ago

Could it be for throwing some F-bombs into the mix?

Reply #887944 | Report this post

Drexler  
Two years ago

Must be really frustrating to have to sit there and listen to majority asinine lines of questioning after a tough game. Good on him and the other coaches for putting up with it, fair play for letting those vultures have it they well and truly deserve a serve every now and then. Asking coaches dumb questions interspersed with copy and pasting other stories from the internet must be a real hard yakka.

Reply #887945 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

Perth Wildcats coach Scott Morrison has been invited to make a submission to the NBL regarding a potential breach of the NBL's Code of Conduct after his comments in last night’s post-game press conference.

Once the submission has been made and the NBL review is complete, more information will be provided.

https://nbl.com.au/news/statement-on-scott-morrison

Reply #887949 | Report this post

Downtown  
Two years ago

I can't see why the wildcats including the coach just answer the question .
The unknown import has been spotted in Perth on a few occasions .
Perhaps when he left Russia he just bought a mystery flight ticket and just happened to end up in Perth.
Seriously cut all the crap and tell it how it is .
The irony is everyone is ganging up on michael Frazier yet too many wildcats fans are too scared to point out that actually some of their other players are struggling and I will say what most are scared to say that the favourite son and captain is really struggling and perhaps should have bowed out with D.M last year.

Reply #887953 | Report this post

Ballman  
Two years ago

Wagstaff has been really poor in recent games - not the best 6th man for sure.

Reply #887954 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

Most said he was cooked when his re-signing was announced:

https://www.hoops.com.au/forum/48868-jesse-wagstaff-re-signs-with-perth/

Such a poor move by the club.

Reply #887955 | Report this post

koberulz  
Two years ago

Wagstaff was one of our better players in the first half of the season.

Reply #887957 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

Players who can only go for half a season usually retire or don't get re-signed.

Reply #887958 | Report this post

Downtown  
Two years ago

Well the bench is pretty thin so it wouldn't have been hard to say he had a good first half of the season .

Reply #887961 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:32 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754