thedoctor
Years ago

PAUL REES - ALL STAR 2005/06

As of today, the Paul Rees Posse are starting an official campaign to have Big Sexy voted on to this year's All-Star Team.

After wowing the Adelaide crowd with consistently strong play, back-breaking 3 pointers, deftly timed elbows to the face, and a style of play we in the PRP like to call "Slow-Motion Deception", it's time for the rest of the nation to see what the Big Fella can do.

Australian fans can call 1800 894 599 or SMS "PAUL REES" to 1992 7427.

Forget the rest, Paul Rees is the best.

Keep an eye out for a new banner at the Dome.

Topic #4989 | Report this topic

olskoolgamer  
Years ago

4.8 PPG, 1 from 2 three pointers for the season, the towel boy can outrun him, he has my vote.

Reply #57307 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

olskoolgamer, firstly let me say I like your style.

The basketball connoisseur recognises that the game is not about statistics or highlights, it's about contributing to the success of the team.

Check Rees' FG% - 1st in the NBL

Check his turnovers - lower than New Zealand's win count.

The man plays within his game, and pulls out a gem every now and then, ala the spin on Anstey and the rainbow 3 on NZ.

Slow Motion Deception. Some famous people to use this tecnique across history include Obe-Wan Kinobe and Splinter from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Look out for "Reesy for the Slam Dunk Comp" campaign.

Reply #57321 | Report this post

olskoolgamer  
Years ago

Well, you are right. I supopse all star games are to give the fans what they want, and what is better than seeing Rees do a slow motion move in the post and then stroke a three???

Reply #57323 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

the thing with reesy and the sixers is he will always be a great player for the sixers under phil smyth.he did nothing for brisbane cause they didnt know how to play him.he comes back at age 35 and still is playing well.he could go on another year because he isnt needed to score or rebound or run the lanes,he just has to block out hard and set screens n hit his open shots.

paul rees with not be an all-star

Reply #57324 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

theDoctor

Nice idea , but have you been drinking at WORK again ??? Or perhaps you have an arrangement with the telephone companies to get our ph. call $ ? ;)

I would love to see the big fella out there at AllStar weekend , but i dont see the NBL allowing it ! They want to "showcase" Aussie talent out there - and Reesy would just be a distraction.

Watch out Monday night !!!!

Reply #57327 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Slow Motion Deception... SMD... sounds like a WWF move...

Rees finishes of his opponent with a devestating SMD, it's a knockout move, then the PRP jump into the ring and beat what little crap is left in the bloke out of him..

Any bloke with a SMD gets my vote.

Reply #57338 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

LOL......you guys have got to be kidding

But hey......he has my vote

Any Ex-Giant gets my vote

Reply #57355 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

WAY TO STEAL MY IDEA - IVE MENTIONED THIS IN ANOHTER THREAD! now your gunna get all the credit. im crying!

Reply #57374 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Well lets look at the other options for the starting centre for the Aus team:

Anstey
Bradtke
Rogers (inj.)
Rampton
Melmeth
Crosswhite
Pepper
Burston (inj.)
Vanderjagt

Rees is clearly in the top ten.

With such a close selection I'm not sure we can or should select a winner purely on the basis of something as random as 'stats' or 'form'. I'm thinking we go with something equally arbitrary, lets see, ummm, say, 'championships'. Hey, whaddya know, seems Reesy got it over the rest after all! :-)

Rees for PM.

Reply #57397 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Skyhook, the number is toll-free. I have 3 weeks annual leave up my sleeve. I may take it all now and dial constantly, therefore garaunteeing Reesy's All-Star berth.

There are little known facts about Reesy's off-court life that he likes to keep quiet, but if the public knew of them, would certainly influence the voting.

Do you guys know that Reesy spends his time off reading to blind, homeless, amputee, refugee, orphaned children in hospital?

Reply #57401 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA ..

Nice.

Just like Michael Jordan takes time out to read "bed-time" stories to poor underprivileged 25 yr old Vegas hotties every night! Very charitable!

Reply #57403 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's just so damn sexy, I am ready to turn!

Im sure he will play, but there is no way he will PAY, every little thing will have to paid for by the NBl, from flights to petrol costs getting him to the airport!

Reply #57413 | Report this post

Randy Watson  
Years ago

Big Mamma-Rees has my vote!!!!

He is the NBL's true cult figure!!!

Go Reesy!!!!

Go the POSSE!!!!!

Reply #57424 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Just voted for Reesy 5 times. Keep it up guys and we'll get the big fella there!

Reply #57464 | Report this post

Mix Master Wipe  
Years ago

Great T shirts PRP!!

With his potent inside/outside game,Rees is hard to stop!

Vote Paul Rees

Reply #57465 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would Big Sexy want to play?

Reply #57466 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

honestly guys, the all-star game is exactly that, ALL-STAR game. maybe if the big guy started, yeah but come on...

Reply #57475 | Report this post

PAUL REES FOR GOD

Reply #57540 | Report this post

PAUL REES FOR PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

Reply #57541 | Report this post

Mix Master Wipe  
Years ago

Big Sexy shows his All Star moves!

Reply #57548 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That pic doesn't work. Does anyone know how to post images here?

Reply #57550 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Hopefully this works

Reply #57552 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

personally not a big fan and definetly doesnt deserve to be in the ALL STAR team he missed a shot from less than a meter away from the ring. Ssrry but personally i dont like him

Reply #57594 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah, but Willie Farley missed two dunks, and he is still all-star material.

Look at him, boxing out Rogers like he is a tiny point guard:

About to unleash a killer spin move:

Reply #57622 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

The revolution has begun.

Anon (#57594), personally I think you use the word "personally" too much.

Paul Rees is not an all star. He is THE all star.

Did everyone see the new banner? Was it big enough? Could you read the phone number?

Reply #57626 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

I could read it fine, but i was down the same end as you. So im not sure how it was from the other side of the court. Ive phoned a couple of times. I think you have the Seals support.

Reply #57629 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sorry bout that!!

The elbow!

Reply #57632 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Thanks guys. Keep up the voting. How good would it be to see the Big Fella start the All-Star game.

Seals vs PRP 3 0n 3 game?

Reply #57634 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Definetly up for that!

Reply #57635 | Report this post

Mix Master Wipe  
Years ago

Look at Big Sexy throw himself at the ball!
Think this could be a high tackle in aussie rules!?

Reply #57636 | Report this post

I liked Paul Rees before everyone else did

Reply #57663 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just voted for Rees. Allstar game is about entertainment and you can tell me that watching Reesy hit someone on a screen at half court hard and then nocking a three is not entertaining.

Reply #57667 | Report this post

Crooked  
Years ago

I was down the north-eastern end and could not read the banner, but I already knew what it said so it wasn't a matter for me.

Reply #57672 | Report this post

Well, you hate Reesy compared to how much I like him!

Reply #57678 | Report this post

Paul Rees; King among men.

http://www.scoopergen.co.uk/images/People/We're%20not%20worthy%208-95%20S.jpg

Reply #57685 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Rees in True All Star Forn in this photo!

http://www.adelaide36ers.com/gallery/pics/uploaded/MZ8X5617_Rigby%20fouls%20Rees_web.jpg

Reply #57687 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

For every vote Paul Rees receives the PRP will donate $1000 to local charities.

We are expecting several thousand votes, so to fund this we have taken out bank loans with Andrew Garrett's Swiss bank, and also the State Bank.

Charities can be confident that they may have our best endeavours to satisfy a reasonable portion of this commitment subject to the price of goats in Lebanon.

Reply #57731 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Keep an eye out for flyers at the next home game.

Make Paul Rees the peoples' choice!

Reply #57790 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Think you should get Bonz to ask everyone to take out their mobile and dial the number.
Or
The did this on My Restaurant Rules.
Fisrt person to send say 5 sms gets some sort of prize.
Might be hard to do tho with so many people.

Reply #57792 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Good idea. Bonz loves Rees, as we all do, so I reckon he would be up for it. Could get up to a few hundred votes in one hit!

Reply #57795 | Report this post

Flip  
Years ago

Look guys, you know its true. Paul Rees has the Look, The Game and the Style to go to the All-Star game. If the NBL doesn't allow it, its not fair. I for one will Boycott the All Star game if he makes it and isn't put into the team

Reply #57860 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

CMON GUYS KEEP IT UP - LETS GET THE BIG FELLA THERE!

Reply #58023 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:53 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754