Gotta admit maker stands out this first patch, in almost every play

Topic #49893 | Report this topic

Perthworld  
Two years ago

Disgusting performance.

Reply #888028 | Report this post

Screeningnick  
Two years ago

Would love to know how ScoMo tricked management to get the gig over Roth.

Reply #888032 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

I told you all, kings are favourites, there depth is better than four or five nbl sides starters. Injuries is the only thing in their way.

Reply #888034 | Report this post

Anon  
Two years ago

Perth done. No import and what appears to be anti homecooking. If this is how Bryce and law are officiated they will leave the league in a heartbeat. Disgraceful. Only thing worse is perths pick and roll defence...

Reply #888036 | Report this post

Screeningnick  
Two years ago

Reply #888037 | Report this post

koberulz  
Two years ago

Would love to know how ScoMo tricked management to get the gig over Roth.
Roth signed with Tasmania months before Gleeson's departure.

Reply #888038 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

So Anon, you are saying that Perth need home cooking to win, rest comp been telling you this for years.

Reply #888042 | Report this post

Scout  
Two years ago

? do the Wildcats supporters here want Roth as coach...Wildcats have a talented roster and should be beating the Kings.

Reply #888043 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Wild cats roster other than Cotton and Law not in seem league as kings.

Reply #888044 | Report this post

Vic Wildcat  
Two years ago

When you have Cooks and Clark coming off the bench you have some serious depth.

Reply #888045 | Report this post

SixersFan  
Two years ago

"If this is how Bryce and law are officiated they will leave the league in a heartbeat."

No they won't because they aren't a little baby like you. They are professional players and know sometimes they get good calls sometimes they don't.

Reply #888047 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

If Gleeson is keeping his eye on the cats defend he'll be shocked, disgusted.

Reply #888048 | Report this post

SixersFan  
Two years ago

Ok I will admit Sydney look legit now. I still have Melbourne as favourite

Reply #888049 | Report this post

Downtown  
Two years ago

This was on the cards

Reply #888052 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Two years ago

Perth are not winning it this year.

Reply #888053 | Report this post

Downtown  
Two years ago

Wheres corey shervill ??
I'm not saying he will win us this game but he's the youth that we don't seem to like playing .

Reply #888054 | Report this post

Downtown  
Two years ago

We got done by a undermanned tassie.
This was always a chance to happen.

Reply #888056 | Report this post

Screeningnick  
Two years ago

Is it possible to sack a coach at halftime?

Reply #888057 | Report this post

Anon  
Two years ago

Perth also down norton and an import, after a dog fight a couple nights ago. Sydney is full strength and fresh.

There's a reason the nba looks after their superstars, they generate revenue.

Reply #888061 | Report this post

KeyserSoze  
Two years ago

Haven't played defence all year, can’t rebound. The problems have been a easy spot even if we have been winning.

This was coming and now it’s been left too late to do anything about it. Will still make finals but just can’t see us being champs. Waste of a season if that’s the case.

Can’t expect Cotton & Law to save us every game.

Reply #888065 | Report this post

Downtown  
Two years ago

Too many old men.
Wagstaff
Blanchfield
White
Hodgson

Reply #888070 | Report this post

Anon  
Two years ago

E plain how blanchfieldbwas not fouled yet Adams was found by a straight up stationary hodgson? I'll wait

Reply #888072 | Report this post

Bol  
Two years ago

Gee our bigs are useless! Head office couldn't see this earlier. Waited until a week before the cut off to try and do something about it

Reply #888073 | Report this post

Bol  
Two years ago

The kings are ballin but getting wide open looks and no defense whatsoever by the cats. This is embarrassing!

Reply #888074 | Report this post

Weedy Slug  
Two years ago

Would love to see shervill and hayes-brown get minutes.
Perth with little hunger under scomo

Reply #888075 | Report this post

loungefly  
Two years ago

Shervill has been injured all year

Reply #888076 | Report this post

KWhite_Rulez  
Two years ago

Give it to the Kings for some great shooting but another pathetic effort from the Cats. No point trying in the second half when you don't give a fuck in the first. What has happened in the last week? Hoping he gets another question about imports in the presser.

Reply #888079 | Report this post

SixersFan  
Two years ago

"E plain how blanchfieldbwas not fouled yet Adams was found by a straight up stationary hodgson? I'll wait"

Easy.
Cooks jumped straight up
Hodgson moved to the side and caused the contact.
Both were correct calls

Reply #888080 | Report this post

Ballman  
Two years ago

Our three point shooting has deserted us. Cotton can be doubl teamed when White, Zunic, Blanchfield, Law, Wagstaff just shooting bricks. Cats had heaps of open threes with these guys and they failed every time. If they got 40% it wouldnt have been so one sided.

Reply #888081 | Report this post

Monday Dech  
Two years ago

I agree weedy slug why are Perth not giving hayes-brown any minutes? Majok and hodgson we know have had their issues this year at C. They are playing a veteran swingman as a C and law as a PF. While Law has the height of a PF in NBL he plays like a SF. A good rebounder but lacks that large body presence of a PF like Kay or Mooney. Opposition teams are walking through the key this season. Test him out and structure a team properly. At least a team might have second thoughts of driving in. Throw it to him in offence draw the attention then kick off to the outside shooters. Cats always lose young players to other clubs cos they get no game time

Reply #888086 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Two years ago

Ouch. I'm not sad that I wasn't able to make it along tonight.

A loss was always on the cards in this one.
I get that there is some kind of mystique about the Cats, but when you look at the roster that suited up tonight there is no mystery about the loss.
Sydney have had our number this season, and tonight we're down Norton & Frazier from the team that lost to Sydney previously.

As for the margin, I could live with 10 against a team that could barely miss at times, but 22 is inexcusable and also probably flattering.

Reply #888087 | Report this post

Bol  
Two years ago

The margin was flattering in the end it felt more like a 40+ demolition the kings were in cruising in the second half.

I really like this kings team for the championship. No obvious weaknesses. Good balance of athleticism and inside/outside shooting. Solid defense and good movement in offense. Can score in multiple ways. More scoring depth than United.

Reply #888090 | Report this post

AngusH  
Two years ago

The only thing worse than NOT getting your new import signed in time to qualify to play postseason is having your existing import leave the team because of the rumours of the guy you failed to sign. Yikes.

Definitely a different feel to Perth this season, teams aren't entering RAC with nearly the same sense of dread.

Reply #888093 | Report this post

Downtown  
Two years ago

Press conference was again mystifying.
We were missing Frazier and Norton.
Frazier been missing all year.

Reply #888096 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Two years ago

What was mystifying about the presser? It all seemed pretty standard to me.

Reply #888099 | Report this post

Anon  
Two years ago

Frazier was on the bench with norton. This had a bit of "schedule loss" about it. Bruising game vs tas 2
Nights ago, clearly labouring players and down two important (frazier in theory) rotation players and a fresh rolling kings team back to full strength. I mean no disrespect to the kings but even on the occasion perth played good d, they could not miss!! Cats on the other hand, ice, ice, ice cold. Hopefully perth finds their groove again because atm they can't seem to execute whatever their defensive scheme is, they can't even switch...

Reply #888100 | Report this post

Downtown  
Two years ago

He said we missed Frazier as if it was a problem in the loss

Reply #888104 | Report this post

Boba Fett  
Two years ago

"The Kings shattered records during the 102-80 victory at RAC Arena after destroying Perth from the opening quarter.
They produced the highest ever quarter-time score (35) and half-time score (64) by a visiting team at RAC Arena. That led to record deficits for the Wildcats at the venue - 21 points at quarter-time and 25 points at the long break.
Sydney's 22-point winning margin was the second largest by any team at RAC Arena, and the club’s second-largest ever against Perth at any WA venue."
Nuff said.

Reply #888106 | Report this post

Ballman  
Two years ago

Worst performance almost ever I have witnessed , with the lost to JJ just being the perfect entrée. With them not adjusting the roster in time, there wont be a "Plumlee", "Cotton" type effect of bringing someone in late in the season to make a difference going forward.

Don't hire mediocre Imports and don't stack the team with ageing deadwood that wouldn't get a roster spot anywhere else.

As a member would like to see a response from Danny Mills on the farce.

Reply #888108 | Report this post

Anon123  
Two years ago

With this whole import change situation - prior to the press conference last night the media were told by the Wildcats that no questions were to be asked of Morrison in the presser about the no import change, that Danny Mills had released a statement on the situation and that's all that the club would say on the subject moving forward. Just in case anyone had seen the press conference and was wondering why the question wasn't asked of Morrison as to why they didn't get Brown done in time.

Reply #888114 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Two years ago

It shouldn't be up to Morrison to answer those types of questions anyway.

It's a front office issue, the front office botched it completely, and the front office should be the ones getting grilled about it instead of going into hiding and leaving Morrison to face the (completely warranted) scrutiny from the media.

If management are trying to drive a wedge between themselves and the playing/coaching group then they seem to be off to a good start.

Reply #888116 | Report this post

Drexler  
Two years ago

Certainly a bad loss, crap shooting vs very good shooting. Still 3rd on the ladder, cast your mind back to 2016 when they were bottom of the ladder and still won the cup. On to the next one.

Reply #888159 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

"It's a front office issue, the front office botched it completely, and the front office should be the ones getting grilled about it instead of going into hiding and leaving Morrison to face the (completely warranted) scrutiny from the media."

Spot on!

Reply #888170 | Report this post

Boba Fett  
Two years ago

What do all these front office people do, and there is so many of them. Clearly not their jobs very well. It's not only Perth either.

Reply #888195 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:49 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754