Fugazi88
Two years ago

Simon Mitchell

Does SEM continue on with Mitchell? Honestly in my own humble opinion i believe their is much better coaches out there. Tommy Greer would be silly not to a least have a look!

Discuss...

Topic #49899 | Report this topic

AngusH  
Two years ago

Their weakness is in the roster makeup more than the coaching IMO, been that way since season #1

Reply #888162 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

They have some low iq players, he does seem to play favourites a bit though to his detriment as hurts team.

Reply #888163 | Report this post

LV  
Two years ago

If it wasn't for a few minutes of Jock Landale brilliance, turning game 3 on it's head and erasing a 17 point lead for United, Mitchell would be a championship coach and this wouldn't even be a thread

Unfortunate they are missing Broekhoff and today Qi.

SEM's season not over yet- Hawks still have to play Sydney twice more, plus Perth and United.

Let's reassess in a few weeks in the cold light of day, instead of in the aftermath of a disappointing loss.

Reply #888164 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

I won't be surprised if Goorjian is coaching SEM next season.

Reply #888165 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Two years ago

Losing the semi-final because they weren't good enough justifies Mitchell being a hypothetical championship-winning coach? That's a massive stretch.

Reply #888166 | Report this post

LV  
Two years ago

What I said was, they were a few minutes off being likely champions

I don't think they're setting the world alight this season given their talent, but Mitchell has definitely done better over his 3 years than say, Demopoulos or Gaze did, even if SEM misses the 4 (not a guarantee by any stretch).

You'd take Goorj of course.

Reply #888168 | Report this post

Kev  
Two years ago

Missing Cam and Isaac, with 2 imports that aren't on the floor much. Today SEM got spanked by Adelaide’s bench.

Reply #888169 | Report this post

Frog39  
Two years ago

Where was Qi? Losing Ryan has hurt them significantly.

Reply #888186 | Report this post

Boba Fett  
Two years ago

Roth would coach that team far better.

Reply #888194 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:49 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754