curtley
Two years ago

Lakers miss play-in

Lakers haven't even made the top 10 in the West.

Despite a few injuries, is this team the most stacked in NBA history to not make the playoffs?

Topic #49927 | Report this topic

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Very poor season, I thought they could win it at season start. I'm no expert but Miami look ok to me.

Reply #889005 | Report this post

bcat  
Two years ago

You wouldn't have thought at the start of the season lakers would miss, and nets are going to have to go long way through play in.

Reply #889006 | Report this post

Anon  
Two years ago

Can't win on paper

Reply #889007 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

What an epic fail.

Blame LeBron for thinking he is a GM and the Lakers bowing down to him in signing Westbrook and Carmelo Anthony amongst other ideas.

Pat Riley was the only one not to yield to LeBron during his career so far and surprise surprise LeBron had his most successful stint with Miami.

Reply #889019 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Two years ago

Those poor Lakers. So sad when they underperform.

:D

Reply #889024 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Two years ago

I for one am glad it epically failed. All the bron sexual's early on getting over hyped about how they were going to win it all etc etc As said by Anon, you don't win on paper and none of them play defence either which doesn't help.

Reply #889026 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Two years ago

I see clips online of Magic Johnson saying the Lakers could have got DeRozan, Hield and also kept KCP and Caruso.

I think that is a long shot.

Firstly Demar DeRozan has always been known to be an average 3pt shooter at best but a great mid range scorer. How would have fit in in LA when people are complaining about Russ' poor 3pt shooting?

The Chicago DeRozan would not have appeared in LA because he would have been like 3rd option behind LBJ and AD.

Whilst there was a chance that KCP and Caruso would stay, I don't know about Hield, what could they have offered for Hield?

Reply #889027 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

Those poor Lakers. So sad when they underperform.

:D

*like*

Reply #889053 | Report this post

Frisbee14  
Two years ago

Kuzma for Hield, he was even surprised when that trade didn't happen.
As for Derozan in LA, may not have been 1st option if LeBron and AD were on court, but since that was rare he would have been great as a reliable scorer.
And Westbrook, apart from on court struggles, his salary was simply not value for money. Could have kept more players instead of 1 guy getting paid so much.
Can see AD becoming the next Kevin Love.

Reply #889055 | Report this post

sixtiesrockstar  
Two years ago

Lakers were always in trouble with a roster that age. If you are going to have a dads army team you need some next level younger players to spread the load and take up the slack of slow legs. I can remember a Rogues Bogues podcast episode couple months ago which gave the stats of the Lakers as the team which walks the most during games, not running or sprinting at same speeds and distances as other teams.

Reply #889097 | Report this post

Wild Willy  
Two years ago

Is LeBron starting to formulate his next team with comments about Steph? Lakers wouldn't want to listen to him again after this disaster.

Reply #889102 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:03 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754