Dunkman
Two years ago

Tasmania v Cairns

Two lesser teams that have a go. Pinder v Krislovic could be interesting. I feel Cairns are rolling and even though it's an away game for them, they can get this. JJs have exceeded all expectations, just feel the wind might be dropping out of their sails.

Cairns by two.

Topic #49933 | Report this topic

Are Zimm and McCall suiting up?

Reply #889133 | Report this post

GordonG  
Two years ago

McCall is 'back in the lineup.'

Not sure about Zimm.

Reply #889134 | Report this post

Boba Fett  
Two years ago

Jackies $1.44 Vs Snakes $2.80

Reply #889136 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Snakes better without zim. Even McCall, to many turnovers and some dumb plays, energetic yes though.

Reply #889137 | Report this post

Yup  
Two years ago

I like Bach, just gets no burn, would be great in tassie, seems like a Roth kinda guy

Reply #889139 | Report this post

Yup  
Two years ago

Wmw also seems like a Roth guy

Reply #889140 | Report this post

Yup  
Two years ago

Wrong thread lol

Reply #889141 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Taipans in control at the half. Noi is still a horrible defender. McVeigh has improved immensely.

Reply #889143 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

JJs back right in it, machado down, looked like Achilles.

Reply #889144 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

JJs by seven, machado injury hurt cans. McCall minus 24, Pinder minus 18. Cairns have the bones of a good side, should chase a back up point guard, possibly Naar, a defensive two, three that can hit outside shot. Noi poor.
JJs just keep rolling, McVeigh good, Bairstow good down the stretch.

Reply #889146 | Report this post

Scout  
Two years ago

Spot on summary Dunkman, Cairns has a solid core. Gutsy win from the JJ's down by 10 at the half.

Reply #889147 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Any news on Machado's injury ??

Reply #889192 | Report this post

Greybuoy  
Two years ago

Gawd, the world is full of spin.
Forde saying how well the Taipans rallied because and after Machado went down.
Yep. OK even.
But please first address why a 10 point half-time lead had been surrendered before this happened.
Taipans were awful at the start of the 3rd. Machado and Forde should have had that sorted.
Forde should have had that sorted, in fact.
That the Taipans outscored Jacks in the final quarter kinda reinforces the point I've hoped to make.
Poor of the coach to say we were a crucial man down when on the day and through the season there hasn’t been a demonstrable difference.

Reply #889204 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

Don't agree there. Machado getting back to some good form has been one of the main reasons for the team's good form the last few rounds.

Reply #889224 | Report this post

Boba Fett  
Two years ago

Yes the spin here is indeed sickening.
"Cairns has a solid core. Gutsy win from the JJ's down by 10 at the half."
No there is no solid core. No Machado no Taipans. As above questions need to be asked who the Taipans turned a 10 point lead into crap. JJ's have a thin bench too. A solid core who are over achieving. I keep saying it take the blinkers off Scout.

Reply #889249 | Report this post

Scout  
Two years ago

Chill out Bobby, you have a problem with me stating the JJs had a gutsy win after being down by 10 at the half all good I was wrong:

they were down by 9!

Hope you are enjoying your weekend mate

Reply #889251 | Report this post

Boba Fett  
Two years ago

Cracker weekend! Yes without Machado they should have won that game. How they got to be 9 down at the half is the important question which you continue to overlook.

Reply #889270 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

"JJ's have a thin bench too"

They lead the league in bench scoring.

Reply #889277 | Report this post

Scout  
Two years ago

Pleased you had a great weekend Bobby.

How did pointing out they came back after being down at halftime overlook how they got there? Think you are having a conversation with yourself!

More than happy to acknowledge that they were down at halftime. Also happy to acknowledge that will win more games than they lose in their first season!

Reply #889303 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:24 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754