AngusH
Two years ago

Sixers vs Bullets, Apr 11

Lots of outs but ended up being a reasonably enjoyable game. Ballsy 3 from Cadee at the end, probably should've dribbled it out but hey, it dropped.

Kai break out game also. 21 pts and seems to have taken that mental leap where the game is slowing down for him.

Topic #49939 | Report this topic

Screeningnick  
Two years ago

What's worse as a 36ers fan - watching Dech brick wide open shot after wide open shot or Tad’s step back 3’s

Reply #889328 | Report this post

Boba Fett  
Two years ago

Someone elsewhere talked about STARTING Dech. Lunatic as I said then. Over Rated, over paid.

Reply #889333 | Report this post

Uncle Dre  
Two years ago

Can't be bothered any more .....

Reply #889334 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Two years ago

We lost at home to a Bullets sans Franks and starting with Wigness and Salt. I have taken the omissions of Sobey and Humphries out as long time givens.

Even with our outs (Bairstow) thats pretty poor.

McCarron had a good game but DJ and Dech (who was 0-8 at one stage) had poor games. DJ should be owning Liu and Salt.

True that we cannot start with Dech and McCarron and be a contender, but will Dech accept a bench role?

This team has many questions about it and few answers, I am still not convinced that CJ is the right coach to give another chance to.

Reply #889335 | Report this post

Hermann  
Two years ago

Sooto. Upside to disappointing result... 2 non fouls to DJ restricted him..dech is in struggle town. Unfair about Tad.. he very much a project worth investing in...
Tough final few games for sixers. All about pride and showing want to be on court. Harris is a keeper.. rebuild rebuild..

Reply #889337 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Two years ago

DJ was awesome, so good.

Reply #889338 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

"We lost at home to a Bullets sans Franks"

Brisbane without Franks and Sobey, Adelaide without Humphries, Bairstow and Hannahs.

Reply #889340 | Report this post

Ben  
Two years ago

Adelaide regretting paying massive overs to Dech. Solid 6-7th man, a reliable starter he is not.

Reply #889341 | Report this post

AngusH  
Two years ago

Dech similar to McCarron in that he's a solid complimentary piece on a good team, but not a guy you build around. I think it was worth the gamble initially but it was also the main reason I was surprised they signed Mitch. Even on paper I don't think it was going to be a good fit.

Reply #889342 | Report this post

Knowall  
Two years ago

Can't get over you Adelaide guys knocking the aussies in your squad. Your biggest problem is you got imports that are worse in the league. You get 2 to 3 quality imports and your support crew are going. To do better. CJ is doing an amazing job with the imports he has inherited. Since Hannah’s been injured games are more competitive.
Get your imports sorted and a load of your issues will change

Reply #889344 | Report this post

Hermann  
Two years ago

Knowable you are indeed correct and know it all. Locals guys are the core. Must keep...finally someone who can see the big picture...

Reply #889345 | Report this post

Beantown  
Two years ago

Disappointing to lose to a weak Bullets team at home. The fact that I would rather watch Tad, Marshall and King out there than Dech and McCarron says it all really about our starting backcourt.

How can we completely fail to get our bigs the ball in the post nearly every time down the floor? DJ kept getting position on Drmic and Wigness and our useless guards could not get him the ball.

Kai had a nice offensive game. The dude has a good shot on him and could be a pretty good player soon if he can improve his defensive game.

Would've liked to see Franks play. Anyone know what his injury is? Sixers could do worse than sign Franks as our starting 4 for next season.

Reply #889346 | Report this post

Knowall  
Two years ago

Beantown did you see what happened when your 3 were on court. 36s have started the last few games really well, then subs come in and opposition get momentum and turn game around. King struggling to be consistent on offense, but keen to put it up, and struggles to defend any one.

Reply #889349 | Report this post

Hermann  
Two years ago

Maybe tad Marshall and Harris better 3 to highlight...
Over dech mitch and Witherspoon.
Sotto and DJ - twin towers. There is plenty to happy about with the 2 pillars..

Reply #889350 | Report this post

Pablo Escobar  
Two years ago

I think the amount of interest in this thread says it all about the Sixers now.

Reply #889380 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Two years ago

DJ kept getting position on Drmic and Wigness and our useless guards could not get him the ball.

This absolutely, I can recall about 2 or 3 of these where DJ had a good seal on a smaller opponent and didn't get the ball or too late.

DJ is the type to get frustrated and start going out further and further to reduce his impact, or lose interest altogether.

Reply #889384 | Report this post

Beantown  
Two years ago

You completely missed my point Knowall. I didn't say our backups were better than our starting backcourt, just that I’d rather watch them at this point, because McCarron and Dech are just that bad offensively.

Reply #889390 | Report this post

Knowall  
Two years ago

Beantown that's not what those two were hired to do. Dench is a defensive stopper, did a great job on Lamar last night and McCarron is there for de and facilitating. Bonus is he is also getting boards. Not sure your 3 boys can do that. Dench and Mac are role players, great at their roles unfortunately the guns that were hired to score can’t and play even worse defense

Reply #889405 | Report this post

Uncle Dre  
Two years ago

Looks like even the 6ers staff have given up coming on here defending the clubs crazy decisions and pumping up jvg and Kelly egos. No fun this place any more

Reply #889410 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Two years ago

Is Dusty actually injured or just not being played? Noticed he was not mentioned in the Sixers injury report update.

Reply #889463 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

Supposedly Hannahs had been out with a wrist injury but the Round 19 injury report said he was now available so a bit odd he didn't play in either game.

Reply #889468 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Two years ago

He has been on the roster for at least 2 games and not played a minute.

We're paying him but I would rather give the remaining minutes to King, Duffelmeier.

Reply #889469 | Report this post

Pablo Escobar  
Two years ago

Just pay him out and send him on his way. Having him hang around is doing no favours for anybody. Plainly obvious he won't be re-signed, same with Withers. Is it any wonder JVG went scurrying away when it was obvious this is a giant clusterf*ck and he was responsible for the player picks. The whole thing needs to be blown up and started again. You win as an organisation and lose as an organisation, therefore EVERYBODY is under scrutiny. Coach, asst.coach, players, team manager, front office...everybody. The team exists to win bball games, they are shit at doing that right now so no point in fiddling around the edges. Major change needed.

Reply #889512 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

This is exactly what happened at the kings, JVG brought in a 4 in the second season who was supposed to g league gun, Blanchfield on big coin and both were useless. Blanchfield Perth is a different fish. Gaze took all the shit but some of the selections were woeful.

Reply #889525 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:13 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754