Dunkman
Two years ago

Hawks vs Kings, Apr 14

Now hopefully this game restores my faith in the nbl, should be an absolute cracker.

Adams is the key here, I don't see hawks being able to stop his all round game. His ability to pass through traffic is worth watching on its own, plus he can score and play D.

On the other side of the coin, I can see both Frolings and Reath causing Martin and
Cooks trouble, but then they fall back to #4 Maker who is long and good.

Hopefully OT, kings by three.

Topic #49949 | Report this topic

AngusH  
Two years ago

Adams is due a big one, he stepped up late against the Breakers but was very ordinary before that, same with the Adelaide game.

I think Reath is the x factor for the Hawks, we don't have a great matchup for him. Cleveland has also killed us in the past. Either way, agree it should be a cracker, just a shame I have to try and avoid the score and catch the replay after a night out...

Reply #889497 | Report this post

Boba Fett  
Two years ago

Hawks clear favourites on the books for this one. Weird.

Reply #889500 | Report this post

AngusH  
Two years ago

It makes sense. Kings have scraped home the last two against teams in the bottom half of the rankings, played Tuesday night, Hawks homecourt, and Kings might be without Clarke again. I think the streak ends tonight, which I'm OK with. Agree with Copes' comment the other game - sometimes a loss isn't a bad thing, and we look a little bit like we need one at this point of the season.

Reply #889506 | Report this post

WC95  
Two years ago

This needs to be a full house or close to it. Anything under 3500 fans there and you may as well move the Hawks to somewhere that cares.

Reply #889519 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

Sydney Kings 1,000th game in the NBL:

The Kings will play their 1000th game in the NBL tonight in Wollongong against the Illawarra Hawks.

Reply #889534 | Report this post

Ben  
Two years ago

No Lanard on the commentary. Thank f***.

Reply #889548 | Report this post

AntAntAnt  
Two years ago

Kickert and Lisch in their suits always look like they're off to sell used cars.

Reply #889552 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

Kickert and Lisch in their suits always look like they're off to sell used cars.

Comment of the Day.

Reply #889553 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Kickert for certain.

Great first quarter

Harry under goorg is a player, coaches again.

Crowd looks very good

Reply #889554 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Great game. Both sides spend big coin on local and imports and you get quality.

Reply #889556 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Being spoilt watching this.

Reply #889559 | Report this post

LV  
Two years ago

Where's the flop warning on DJ?

That was as bad as anything CG43 ever does

Reply #889560 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

50/50 calls going to kings.

Cracking game.

Reply #889561 | Report this post

LV  
Two years ago

Sneaky move by Adams

Looked like a d dribble but actually wasn't....I think?

Reply #889562 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

OT,

Clearly double dribble on the replay.

Reply #889563 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Two years ago

What a bizarre finish

Reply #889564 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Two years ago

I'd say that was the game of the season so far but that finish was truly bizarre and confusing. Goorjian wasn't even calling for the Hawks to foul. Reath had just miracled them back into the game with 20 seconds left and they all just gave up. Really odd set of circumstances. But outside of that, it was otherwise a great endorsement of NBL basketball showcasing what our top teams can do when pitted against eachother. More of that, thanks.

Reply #889565 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Great game, hawks did everything they could, just not good enough.

Kings to many stars in every position. If Cooks going to nba he'd better learn to make free throws and three pointers, the rest of his game is top shelf.

Engrave the trophy now, no one is beating the kings.

Reply #889566 | Report this post

LV  
Two years ago

Playoffs will be good, healthy Kings will be very hard to beat over 5 games

Reply #889568 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Two years ago

Kings have to be the favourites but I have United as the dark horse. Perth aren't contenders this year in my book.

Reply #889579 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Two years ago

Yep, I strongly suggest beating them in 4

Reply #889580 | Report this post

LV  
Two years ago

Sydney have lots more fire-power and undefeated since they added Clark. (He's only played 8 games which is kinda scary, plenty of upside left)

In fact, 13 in a row is getting near record breaking territory.

However United strengths could curtail Sydney's strengths- Ili, Delly, Baba, Agada, plenty of exceptional defense to slow down the scorers Adams, DJ and Clark

And, as we know, Xavier Cooks is awesome and was last night. But, he's just a poor man's Jack White :-)

Reply #889622 | Report this post

koberulz  
Two years ago

'd say that was the game of the season so far but that finish was truly bizarre and confusing. Goorjian wasn't even calling for the Hawks to foul.
Percentage matters, and the chances of pulling out that win are slim. Worth throwing a trap at them, maybe even fouling immediately, but once the Kings escaped the initial pressure there was no point.

Reply #889645 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:20 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754