Dunkman
Two years ago

SEM v JJs

Gaze and Heal talking about how Roth learned from Gleeson, they might not have the best team but best team in the half court in the league.
I take my hat off to Roth, I totally miss judged his coaching ability.

Topic #49956 | Report this topic

Dunkman  
Two years ago

SEM playing to the standard that should have seen them play finals. JJs down by 12.

Reply #889736 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Two years ago

JJs have reeled it back from -15 to tied up in quick time

Reply #889738 | Report this post

Knowall  
Two years ago

Refs doing their job to keep JJs in the game

Reply #889739 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

JJs must have the latest battery power in them change rooms at halftime, different team in the third and lead by two.
SEM are such a hot and cold team.

Reply #889740 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Two years ago

Gotta love these JackJumpers

Reply #889741 | Report this post

KET  
Two years ago

Incredible Tassie!!!

Love it!

Reply #889742 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

The Sixers could do with some players like McVeigh and Pinder.

Surely the end for Simon Mitchell now?

Reply #889743 | Report this post

Ballin Fan  
Two years ago

Such a good game plan JJs have,
And they never try and do anything too different in the clutch,
Really great to watch.

Reply #889744 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

The Gleeson connection of Roth and Chance has got their finger prints all over this team. I wouldn't believe it if I didn’t see it. Congratulations to the whole team, I’ve said it before, I’m eating humble pie.
SEM imo it all resolves around Creek, great player but you can’t win unless it’s the whole team. To many players out form and of the same ilk, clean out required, I don’t really think Pineau is that good but he contributes defensively which is better than there expensive imports. SEM just don’t play team well enough and Creek stats are great but he can’t bring his team with him.

Reply #889745 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

If Creek wasn't taking up such a big chunk of the salary cap maybe they could afford to put more talent around him.

Reply #889746 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Two years ago

"If Creek wasn't taking up such a big chunk of the salary cap maybe they could afford to put more talent around him.

"

Mumford. Broekhoff. Qi. None of those players came free. As the JJs have shown, the problem is NOT talent

Reply #889748 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Munford, Broekhof, Qui have been serviceable not great, it's a problem.

Reply #889749 | Report this post

Ben  
Two years ago

Zodiac: the end of Mitchell? Heard Bogut say he had recently been given an extension.

Reply #889777 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

They were talking about it but hasn't happened yet or at least hasn't been announced. Would be crazy if they did re-sign him especially with Goorjian on the market.

Reply #889780 | Report this post

Billy Bob  
Two years ago

Broekhoff is a year older than Blanchfield. We forget how long he was o/s for

Reply #889781 | Report this post

Scout  
Two years ago

?'s on the Jackjumpers recruiting need to be asked.

Reply #889792 | Report this post

Ben  
Two years ago

Is Goorj legit on the market?

Also I feel Mitchell didn't put Qi in the best position to help him and the team succeed. Looked tough the first few weeks then petered out. Can’t help but thinking another coach would’ve made him seem like the second coming of Bradtke.

Reply #889807 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

Rumours of tension between the majority owner of the Hawks (not Sorry) and Goorjian in regards to player signings.

Reply #889808 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

Dorry*

Reply #889809 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

Is Goorj legit on the market?

Yes, he only signed a 2 year deal with the Hawks and he wanted a contract extension at the end of last season and didn't get one.

Mitchell's completely bungled the coup of signing Zhou Qi who should've dominated. He does seem to get into a lot of foul trouble (which made the mid-season signing of Ashley even more puzzling given how foul prone he was at NZ) but despite the considerable advantage Zhou has on the low-block they don't go him anywhere near enough.

Reply #889816 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

I think Goorjian's made it clear he's not leaving the Hawks.

I'm not sure why anyone would think Qi would dominate, he was always going to be a player who had some advantages in the NBL but also some significant disadvantages.

Reply #889824 | Report this post

Boba Fett  
Two years ago

"but despite the considerable advantage Zhou has on the low-block they don't go him anywhere near enough." Ummm, he's not that good.

Reply #889839 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Zhou is good for the opposition in defence, Ashleigh the same. Poor recruiting.

Reply #889841 | Report this post

There isn't a coach alive or dead who could turn Zhou into the second coming of Bradtke.

Reply #889842 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:38 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754