Reader
Two years ago

I'll only play for SEM: Creek

"In good news for the Phoenix, star Mitch Creek put any doubt about his future at the club to bed saying he's not interested in signing elsewhere.

The 29-year-old played down speculation he may test the market.

"If I play anywhere in the NBL it's going to be at the South East Melbourne Phoenix," he told reporters.

"Everyone at home trying to be a keyboard warrior and whatever it is they want to try and say, rumours and all that ... just pipe down.

"I'm signing with South East Melbourne. It's simple as that.""

https://www.espn.com.au/nbl/story/_/id/33753473/nbl-round-20-tasmania-jackjumpers-run-phoenix-keep-finals-hopes-alive

Topic #49964 | Report this topic

koberulz  
Two years ago

Unfortunate news for SEM.

Reply #889865 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

And given his recent history I'm sure he'll be taking a big pay cut to stay there too.

Reply #889866 | Report this post

Dave Q  
Two years ago

Well, to be fair, the guy is in the All-NBL list as a proper contender. Makes sense given that NBA teams are unlikely going to be looking at him for a 10 day. Wish him nothing but the best in the future.

Reply #889869 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Two years ago

"Unfortunate news for SEM."

How? The guy is one of the best Australians in the league. SEM's downfalls don't rest on Mitch Creek's shoulders.

Reply #889874 | Report this post

koberulz  
Two years ago

We've really all completely forgotten, huh?

Reply #889875 | Report this post

Boba Fett  
Two years ago

The unfortunate news will be if Simon get's re appointed.

Reply #889876 | Report this post

Q Anon  
Two years ago

Koberulz if you knew all the details you wouldn't be embarrassing yourself with your huge miss -take on Creek. Perhaps SEM know the truth and hence dont have an issue with him.

Reply #889877 | Report this post

Fox87  
Two years ago

Not sure if Mitchell needs to go but if he stays certainly changes need to be made at assistant/roster level.

Reply #889879 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Two years ago

"We've really all completely forgotten, huh?"

Ah yes, the year old domestic violence allegations that never made it to court and have absolutely no bearing on his play. Let's all clutch our pearls and shout 'wont somebody PUHHHLEAAASSE think about the children?' let's also pretend his girlfriend wasn't as coked up as he was, and that they probably didn't have a full Amber Heard/Johnny Depp dynamic going on. Regardless, he wasn't proven guilty. No one knows what happened. Yet little white knights such as yourself will seek to ruin someone due to what amounts to basically a rumour.

Reply #889881 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Two years ago

KobeRulz touched me inappropriately by the way, and should be banned from the forum. I have no evidence to suggest that and no one can verify it. We haven't been to court and police would similarly shrug off my accusation. But the accusation has been made and I identify as female today. I expect to see his presence wiped from this forum and anything less will be enabling an abuser. Thanks for your time :)

Reply #889882 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

ME, you should be utterly ashamed of yourself posting these two posts. Did you not see the pics of the girl's badly bruised face posted by her father during the playoffs?

Reply #889883 | Report this post

Q Anon  
Two years ago

Cops investigated and had access to ALL the information and decided there was no case to answer / end

Reply #889887 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

Well done another one that thinks that means nothing happened. What did she bash herself did she? The police did indeed investigate and charge him then after some time decided to drop the charges, there could be numerous reasons for that including the victim not wanting the stress of court and her pictures everywhere in the press.

The world is not black and white there is a lot of grey in the middle or let me guess you and ME think O.J. Simpson was completely innocent because he got off right?

Reply #889889 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

Coke, it's a hell of a drug.

Reply #889890 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

There was a review of the evidence done and the decision not to proceed to court was reaffirmed. Who knows what happened, but some photos posted online don't prove Creek's guilt when a review of all the evidence has taken place and found it is lacking.

Reply #889899 | Report this post

Tornado  
Two years ago

ME...don't be so naive.

Creek and his GF settled out of court.

Creek was also linked to a drug scandal and also stupidly via social media tried to get someone to take the fall for his speeding fine.

Where there is smoke there is fire and he should be thankful that he is good at basketball cos he's definitely not the sharpest tool in the shed!

Reply #889903 | Report this post

Hooper  
Two years ago

Tornado, if I were you, I'd retract the "Creek and his GF settled out of court"

If you can’t factually back this claim, this is clear defamation.

Reply #889910 | Report this post

Looking forward  
Two years ago

Didn't the 6'ers waste six years worth of salary on him before he finally played a couple of good seasons?

The team need players who know how to win championships as their on court leaders.

Creek, Johnson etc, all very experienced losers.

Reply #889911 | Report this post

Tornado  
Two years ago

Hooper....ok, more than likely settled out of court.

Reply #889913 | Report this post

Frog39  
Two years ago

Creek is by no means an Angel and thank god there's a few people on here with some brains and not just ME and a couple of other know it alls who think dropped charges = innocence.

Reply #889915 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Two years ago

Isn't the mantra innocent until proven guilty? It’s a legitimate question.

Reply #889916 | Report this post

cavolo  
Two years ago

From the federal government's attorney general’s website.... Don’t let the facts get in the way of a good story! You’re welcome ;)

What is the scope of the right to the presumption of innocence?
#
The presumption of innocence is a fundamental principle of the common law.
The UN Human Rights Committee has stated that the presumption of innocence imposes on the prosecution the burden of proving the charge and guarantees that no guilt can be presumed until the charge has been proved beyond reasonable doubt.
The Committee has also stated that public authorities should refrain from prejudging the outcome of a trial by making public statements affirming the guilt of the accused, and that the media should avoid news coverage undermining the presumption of innocence

Reply #889921 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Two years ago

Jesus christ what a wank this is, guys

Reply #889927 | Report this post

Hooper  
Two years ago

Hooper, the wonderful thing about defamation is that people can't do it based on bullshit! Now, tuck your tail between your legs and stop making up trash!
Retract your ridiculous statement in full! In fact, I’d go as far as to say, if I were you, I’d contact a mod and get it taken down. Up to you I guess

Reply #889930 | Report this post

koberulz  
Two years ago

You are Hooper.

Reply #889931 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Two years ago

Haha Hooper

Reply #889933 | Report this post

BeeGee  
Two years ago

@Hooper, are you Mitch Creek by chance?

Reply #889936 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Two years ago

How many personalities can share a single username?

I should start an argument with myself now, but I can't be bothered.

Reply #889937 | Report this post

Q Anon  
Two years ago

Drug scandal that came from the father in law of the girl?

NBL/ Olympic guys gets tested regularly - would be somewhat of a miracle to be doing hard drugs and not get fined / suspended by the NBL or caught by the AOC or whoever does the testing.

Reply #889939 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Two years ago

" thank god there's a few people on here with some brains and not just ME and a couple of other know it alls who think dropped charges = innocence."

Mind telling me where I said he was definitely innocent? There's a difference between being certifiably innocent and having no sound verifiable proof that you did something. But in law, we're not trying to prove innocence, but guilt. His guilt was not proven therefore, what would you like done to him? In fact, what would you like done to anyone accused of literally anything?

"ME, you should be utterly ashamed of yourself posting these two posts. Did you not see the pics of the girl's badly bruised face posted by her father during the playoffs?"

Okay well that proves she had a badly bruised face during playoffs. Doesn't prove how it was done. Could have spent a day smacking herself in the head with a door for all we actually know. Yeah, I am being facetious and it would appear as a smoke - fire situation. But we don't know the context around any of it to know the extent of the issue, or that he specifically did it. It is very possible and DOES HAPPEN that some people injure themselves to prove something against someone else. There are nutcases out there. Did that happen? Probably not. But until properly investigated by people paid to do so (errr... ummm... police, who actually did investigate) we actually don't know.

"There was a review of the evidence done and the decision not to proceed to court was reaffirmed. Who knows what happened, but some photos posted online don't prove Creek's guilt when a review of all the evidence has taken place and found it is lacking."

This ^. Could have been hit by an ex 10 years ago and repurposed the photos. Who even knows. Once again, not saying that happened, just saying we know as much that it did than it didn't. We have as much evidence tof that as we do Mitch hitting her - literally none.

"The world is not black and white there is a lot of grey in the middle or let me guess you and ME think O.J. Simpson was completely innocent because he got off right?"

This is a stupid conflation. Sorry, was the details of Mitch Creek's trial (which didn't happen mind you!) brought to the world in intimate detail for us all to pour over? No. So there's no comparison here. What we have is a glorified rumour and some photos that could have come from anywhere at any time.

Reply #889964 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:34 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754