Aussie
Two years ago

U20 Australian National Championships

Some great games so far and some really promising future talent.

The games on YouTube (Basketball Australia) have some pretty average camera angles.

The few games that there are on Kayo Freebies, look really good.

Great tournament so far.

Topic #49967 | Report this topic

Weedy Slug  
Two years ago

Don't agree with the already top age kids who are already college signed.
Makes no sense, stops other kids from getting exposure to college scouts and it takes away n.t ambitions for bottom agers in the upcoming u18 asia and u19 WC

Reply #889948 | Report this post

Pasadena 72  
Two years ago

I don't agree with that take. Nationals is not (only) a vehicle to get kids recruited, though for those without a scholarship it can also help with that.

For example I love watching someone like Tyrese Proctor who is heading to Duke represent his state one final time. First and foremost it’s a chance for these kids to represent their state, often the last time they’ll get to play together. Why would they give that up just because sometime in the future they’ll be playing for a college in America.

Reply #889949 | Report this post

Weedy Slug  
Two years ago

Eg both 03 Evans-Michigan n Goodchild-northwestern from nsw women are college bound who can no longer represent Aus junior teams. Reserves crawshaw and nelson are 04 trying to make the u19 n.t
Deeble another example as someone who's 03 already signed to wake forest.

Reply #889950 | Report this post

Weedy Slug  
Two years ago

Proctor is 04 and still has the u19 WC to look forward too...

Reply #889951 | Report this post

Pasadena 72  
Two years ago

I dare say any bottom age kids not already in a state team are not on the national team radar. I still disagree with your take here.

Reply #889990 | Report this post

Weedy Slug  
Two years ago

You'd be wrong if you looked at those on the n.t camp list....

https://australia.basketball/2022-national-junior-squads-head-to-the-ais/

Reply #889991 | Report this post

Pasadena 72  
Two years ago

I can only speak on SA kids, but the only ones missing are either injured or didn't trial. Did other states have kids miss selection that are in those squads?

Reply #890011 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:10 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754