Big Will Magnay re signs for 2 years with Jack Jumpers

Topic #49971 | Report this topic

Scout  
Two years ago

great stuff! Just read this.

Reply #889980 | Report this post

Baller  
Two years ago

Bit of a risk signing him for two years they would want to hope they can keep him on court he would be there highest paid player

Reply #889982 | Report this post

Weedy Slug  
Two years ago

Problem is the long term deals for some others. Making the side better is going to be difficult.

Reply #889984 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Two years ago

All the JJs need is a little more $$ in the budget from LK. Imagine how good they'd be with majority the same team, coach and culture, but add an extra $200k to upgrade McIntosh with a higher level import forward, and an extra $100k to upgrade one Aussie like Bairstow with a competent 6th/7th man type, they'd take some beating.

Reply #889985 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

very risky move by the JJ's you would have to think they got a discount on whatever he was on this season in return.

Reply #889988 | Report this post

Scout  
Two years ago

Add Magnay to this team plus a strong import 4 makes this team damn strong.

Reply #889989 | Report this post

Wild Willy  
Two years ago

How long is their coach signed for? He will be in demand.

Reply #889992 | Report this post

Scout  
Two years ago

fairly sure Roth is on 2 with the option of another (think it is his option)

Reply #889995 | Report this post

Boba Fett  
Two years ago

They need a NS that has ability, speaks English and can play.

Reply #889997 | Report this post

Yup  
Two years ago

Replace Macintosh with a gun 4 who can play some 5 (Jarelle Martin/ john Mooney type)

Need a legit 5 man off the bench, I'd love to see this team be able to go big in spots.

They’ve got some decent role players on the wings but maybe try upgrade backup pg, replace weeks with a strong 3rd guard maybe someone like MCW or similar level player

Reply #890016 | Report this post

Green ant  
Two years ago

Really like this signing, looks like a good deal for both parties.

Glad it's sorted out ahead of free agency too, JJ's have much clearer picture of what they need in off season.

Agree on a gun 4/5, a legit post option would be great, they live and die on the three ball a bit too much.

Reply #890020 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

Michalovskii is averaging 11.3 pts, 6.5 reb & 4.7 ass in VTB United. Kid can play. Just not here.

Reply #890023 | Report this post

Statman84  
Two years ago

@Scout

Correct, Roth is signed for 2 years with a Club Option of a 3rd, which I am sure they will pick up.

Reply #890031 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Two years ago

If it aint broke, don't fix it. Not a lot this team needs to do. For whatever reason a team of off-cuts and role players are knocking on the playoff door. The coaching and buy in from this team has been unbelievable. I think re-signing Magnay is a good idea - anyone can get injured and I don't think he is now 'injury prone'. Upgrade McIntosh. Try to retain Adams and Magette. This team has found an identity real quick and if the McIntosh replacement can buy into that they're going to be the team no one wants to play again next season.

Reply #890040 | Report this post

Weedy Slug  
Two years ago

22/23 looks to be

Magette-Weeks-Macdonald
Adams-Kenyon-Deans
Import-Steindl-Mcdaniel
Mcveigh-NS-Bairstow
Magnay-Krslovic-Perry

Not sure 1 import will get them to finals.

Reply #890046 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

Josh Adams has said he's keen to come back so often him a bit more to do so but cut bait with Magette and McIntosh you can find better than those two and cheaper than what they would cost to re-sign too.

Reply #890055 | Report this post

Yup  
Two years ago

Magettes a star, would be in Convo for best pg if not for adams and cotton, can definitely win a chip with Magette as pg

Reply #890118 | Report this post

Beach Baller  
Two years ago

Big signing! But unfortunately will be tempered by the expected resignation of Coach Scott Roth who will return to the States to take up a coaching gig. Has been homesick for much of the season..

Reply #890130 | Report this post

Baller  
Two years ago

I doubt it he now has all his family in Tasmania don't think his going anywhere

Reply #890369 | Report this post

Baller  
Two years ago

I think they will bring magette back if possible a lot of Roth's game plan is based off having a pass first point guard change him to a pure scorer and I think that upsets there chemistry/balanc they need to get a decent back up 4/5 and swap weeks for a decent backup guard

Reply #890370 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

"Magettes a star, would be in Convo for best pg"

Definitely. Potential top 10 this year:

Adams
Dellavedova
Magette
Harvey
Siva
Norton
Rathan-Mayes
Ili
Cadee
McCarron

Sobey and Machado would move in there obviously if they had full season in form.

Reply #890372 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:17 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754