Scout
Two years ago

Recruiting for a team - talent /character of a franchise.

Yep, I have JJ glasses on, yep I am biased but damn respect is due for the Tasmania Jackjumpers.

Roth has recruited character first with this team and they have bought in.

Matt Kenyon as an example; was ridiculed by a lot of posters as a recruit - he has been sensational.

The foundation is now in place now just needs tweaking but the expectations of how you need to play when you play for the Jackjumpers are in place.

May well go out in straight sets in the finals but to make it in season one.......

Topic #49991 | Report this topic

Dunkman  
Two years ago

You can't argue with that Scout, I still can’t fathom it, your imports ended up very good , McVeigh took it to a level that he never looked capable of. The coach got the rest to do there jobs. Congratulations.

Reply #890345 | Report this post

Dave Q  
Two years ago

I do it professionally: no dickheads. It is a really good rule, and has worked repeatedly. Thanks Sydney Swans!

Reply #890348 | Report this post

koberulz  
Two years ago

The JackJumpers are everything the Wildcats used to be. The Wildcats have turned into United almost overnight.

Reply #890351 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

I think the wildcats would be very happy to be United at present. They play tough defence and compete, not a trait of Perth anymore.

Reply #890352 | Report this post

EssenX  
Two years ago

Character is everything. The opposite to the JackJumpers, not just this season, is the Breakers.

Reply #890365 | Report this post

Scout  
Two years ago

Good read:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-04-28/jackjumpers-rise-to-nbl-championship-contender/101020346?fbclid=IwAR34UR__hN_ilk3Vp2u1CgOy80MZhntmLjpfNehDkE1_ZRjP_-5ppsVd3yk

Especially how it highlights the importance of Magette

Reply #890750 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:26 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754