Baller
Two years ago

Scott Roth job offer?

Rumoured he has been offered a job in the USA anyone no where?

Topic #50010 | Report this topic

Scout  
Two years ago

Where are you hearing this rumour from Baller?

Reply #890802 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

If true it will be a very hard act to follow for new coach, more than likely Jacob Chance who also was an assistant under Gleeson. It'll be a no win scenario unless finals are achieved which will be a lot harder if breakers play at home next season and get rid of easy beats tag.

Reply #890807 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

Where are you hearing this rumour from Baller?

I saw the same username mention it in a couple of posts on here last week. OP is probably referring to that.

Reply #890808 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

By 'same username' I meant it came from the one nickname/user, not Baller.

Reply #890809 | Report this post

Baller  
Two years ago

Been getting reported in local Tasmania media Simon brookhouse jack jumpers ceo was asked about it in a radio interview yesterday wouldn't comment apart from saying he was contracted for next year

Reply #890819 | Report this post

Scout  
Two years ago

Baller - I'm in Hobart, must not be reading or listening to the right local media!

Reply #890844 | Report this post

retired  
Two years ago

You would not give the Head Coach role to Jacob Chance if Roth goes.Chance is too young and only been an Asst for a few years.

That would be the joke of the year.

Reply #890864 | Report this post

Boba Fett  
Two years ago

Baller is making up shit.

Reply #890871 | Report this post

Baller  
Two years ago

Just saying what I heard on the radio triple m Hobart when jack jumpers ceo was being interviewed he was asked about Roth receiving a coaching offer in the us and didn't really want to comment

Reply #890939 | Report this post

hoopie  
Two years ago

They're hardly going to announce it during the semis and distract the players or sponsors, are they?

Reply #890944 | Report this post

NBLTigers  
Two years ago

I've met Chase before, nice guy and likes his nbl history. He needs a few more years then he could coach. Give Judd Flavell a chance!

Reply #890954 | Report this post

Beach Baller  
Two years ago

Unfortunately he's Goneski.
The emotion displayed in his recent interviews over the last few weeks reflects this. He loves Tassie and the Jackjumpers, but this is a family decision. He very nearly went home mid season. Was struggling with severe homesickness.

Reply #890971 | Report this post

Baller  
Two years ago

Still think I was making shite up champ?

Reply #892073 | Report this post

Baller  
Two years ago

Apparently the job is in Japan so if he leaves it would be financial decision he wouldn't be able to use the home sick excuse

Reply #892074 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

If he's under contract he’d have to be released. Do you enforce the contract or let him go. I certainly would not want to be the coach there next season, it’s lose, lose unless you win the championship.
Japanese basketball obviously has plenty of money.

Reply #892077 | Report this post

Boba Fett  
Two years ago

"Still think I was making shite up champ?"
Yep.

Reply #892079 | Report this post

Weedy Slug  
Two years ago

The b league spends big money on import post players, local post players, coaches and Japanese n.t heroes.
The average local salaries are very small in comparison. Nbl 12 man or dp level.
3 divisions, over 60 teams

As a result
They develop lots of Japanese point guards, sgs and sfs, potentially get a naturalised foreign big and get great coaches throughout all divisions. Some very well known coaches even in tier 1 and 2.
Also skill development at junior level far exceeds australia.

Reply #892082 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

"Still think I was making shite up champ?"
Yep.

Time will tell.

Reply #892094 | Report this post

AntAntAnt  
Two years ago

JJs CEO in the local paper refuting suggestions he'll leave and pointing to the three year contract.

Reply #892098 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Might be trying to wedge a bit more money from LK, smart move.

Reply #892101 | Report this post

Baller  
Two years ago

It wouldn't hurt Lk his getting 3 million a year of the Tasmanian government to help run the team its not like the jack jumpers are costing him a lot . The one I’m more worried about is josh adams to euro league I don’t know why we didn’t have a team option for a second season in his contract

Reply #892103 | Report this post

Boba Fett  
Two years ago

"It wouldn't hurt Lk his getting 3 million a year of the Tasmanian government to help run the team its not like the jack jumpers are costing him a lot "
Simply untrue right there.

Reply #892114 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

It wouldn't hurt Lk his getting 3 million a year of the Tasmanian government to help run the team its not like the jack jumpers are costing him a lot

Source? I believe the level of funding has never been publically disclosed.

Reply #892120 | Report this post

Boba Fett  
Two years ago

Pretty sure it's $2mill for 3 years. Pretty sure it was published too.

Reply #892129 | Report this post

Baller  
Two years ago

Do some research mate it's 11.4 million over the first 5 years it was in the governments budget statement on there website

Reply #892135 | Report this post

Baller  
Two years ago

11.6 million sorry

Reply #892137 | Report this post

Baller  
Two years ago

It was over 4 years not 5

Reply #892138 | Report this post

Weedy Slug  
Two years ago

Shoe change really over 5 years.

Reply #892139 | Report this post

Boba Fett  
Two years ago

Are you sure? So many changes in such a short time.

"The JackJumpers' share of funding is $10m over five years which includes a statewide community activation program in schools."

Reply #892141 | Report this post

KET  
Two years ago

Everyone is so snarky

Isn't the point not the specific dollar amount but that they are decently supported financially?

Reply #892142 | Report this post

Boba Fett  
Two years ago

Of course. However we kept being fed misinformation as to the facts. $2 or $3mill a season from the Government is a huge difference. It's not shoe change what so ever.

Reply #892145 | Report this post

Baller  
Two years ago

My point was a decent chunk of the jack jumpers operating costs are being covered buy the state government they are getting bargin rates on renting my state arena . Also the surrounding waterfront land at the stadium that LK purchased would have gone up 10 fold on what he purchased it for his on a pretty good wicket with the government

Reply #892147 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

So many figures being bandied around.

$2mil/$10mil over five years
or
$3mil/$11.6mil over four years?

Another $250K queried by the media in this article:
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-04-02/ongoing-questions-around-jackjumpers-grant/100958882

The money is certainly flowing.

Ex-sports minister was allegedly in bed with the JackJumpers CEO? Juicy.

Reply #892158 | Report this post

Boba Fett  
Two years ago

Yes it was posted here and immediately got taken down. The other figure mentioned appears to be a rumour, so who knows eh.

Reply #892159 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

Makes sense.

Reply #892160 | Report this post

Baller  
Two years ago

The 11.6 million figure is actually on the Tasmanian government budget papers on there website under the heading nbl club set up so i don't know how you call that a rumour how do you post photos on here ? And I will put it up

Reply #892163 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

Paste the URL link?

Reply #892177 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Two years ago

Corey has been calling Jaylen Adams a million dollar player. Now I am not sure what the max is for an NBL coach is, but whatever that number happens to be, should be put directly to Scott Roth and then maybe a little more. You cant easily replace a coach like that who gets so much out of his players and it may take the JJs literally years to do so. They could run back the same line up and yet something would be missing.

Reply #892178 | Report this post

Boba Fett  
Two years ago

Roth has confirmed he has other offers. He has 1 year to go on his contract and the club has an option for his 3rd year.
Would any other clubs be interested in him if he didn't have success at the Jackies? Roth has preached culture and loyalty since day 1. Now?

Reply #892179 | Report this post

AntAntAnt  
Two years ago

Thankfully he has re-signed for three years (third year mutual option...whatever that actually means).

Reply #892505 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:05 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754