Dunkman
Two years ago

Semi Finals: United vs JackJumpers, Game 1

I think United will play real tough tonight, United by 15.

Topic #50011 | Report this topic

AussiePride  
Two years ago

United took it up a few notches and played suffocating defense. Not sure how JJs kept within 11 points but that is what they do. JJs will make some changes and will work to get over the line in the 2nd. They just don't want to get beat by Delly and Agada offense again.

Reply #890780 | Report this post

JMS  
Two years ago

Solid win for United. As expected they really brought the heat on defence, JJ just couldn't get into their sets. The ring protection and rebounding from JLA, Hukporti and White was elite, JJ very undersized.

Nice to see Agada step up offensively and show some consistency. Goulding quiet which will be a worry leading into game 2.

The two free throw air balls from Delly in the 4th per were bizarre. Injury?

Reply #890781 | Report this post

AngusH  
Two years ago

It's actually impressive how the JJs manage to control the tempo and keep United's scoring down, but it's a bad matchup for them with all the defenders United have in the backcourt given that's where the JJs are typically generating points.

Delly clearly injured and even shot the 2nd (I don't think the 1st - not 100% sure on that) with his non-shooting hand. Fairly sure they'll rest him next game, Baba/Ili/Agada can pick up the slack defensively for at least a game.

Reply #890785 | Report this post

Yup  
Two years ago

United just too good, too talented for the JJ's, they definitely need more talent and size, definitely not enthused about them running it back!

Need to add to it!

Reply #890787 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Two years ago

The Finals are where the cream rises to the top and unfortunately for JJs, United has the runs on the board and know how to play 'Final level'. I back the JJs to make it competitive and maybe even steal the next game at home but when push comes to shove, Melbourne will be back in the Grand Final series and they deserve to be. But the JJ's should be tremendously proud of their first season.

Reply #890792 | Report this post

Dave Q  
Two years ago

Yeah, Melbourne in 3. Too much class, too much experience. They looked very much in control last night.

Reply #890798 | Report this post

Lawndale  
Two years ago

I call this the Reality Check series

Reply #890803 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Roth certainly deserves coach of the year but Vickerman has done a very good job with this squad.
United can win this in two unless a lot 50/50 calls all go JJs way.

Reply #890805 | Report this post

LV  
Two years ago

I'd like to see JJs win in front of their Tassie crowd, but looks like United in 2

JJ's fought valiantly late in the game and closed the gap, but the game was over halfway through the third. Both teams were playing good defense, but there's a talent gap that's obvious and hard for JJ's to overcome, with United playing at finals intensity

Reply #890820 | Report this post

DR  
Two years ago

How bad was that camera angle in the crowd seriously keep it simple I was getting dizzy

Reply #890832 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:56 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754