Dunkman
Two years ago

JJs v United 2nd semi

I'm thinking two nil here, JJs will fight hard and maybe if they get a few calls could snatch it.
United by three.

Topic #50017 | Report this topic

Yup  
Two years ago

I think so too, JJ's to compete and make it tough, but United just too much talent, class and size - United by 7

Obviously nothing is relevant to anything if JJ’s have another one of those crazy shooting nights again...

Reply #890909 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Crowd pressure down there is unbelievable, Melbourne looking shell shocked.

Reply #890915 | Report this post

LV  
Two years ago

That first quarter demonstrates exactly the issue I've been foreseeing for United this whole season

Also shows why they would've been better off getting another scorer, a Hopson type, rather than bringing Baba back

Reply #890916 | Report this post

SmallieBiggs  
Two years ago

JJs getting every call atm...

Reply #890917 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Two years ago

Getting every call? Got your United glasses on have you?

Reply #890918 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Good tough game if you like physical basketball. Love the crowd down there. JJs can win this.
No one's beating Sydney.

Reply #890919 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Two years ago

Terribly under called game.

Reply #890920 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Cracking game, 59 all at 3/4.
Hopefully hawks can turn up tomorrow and play tough like JJs and make a game off it against kings.

Reply #890921 | Report this post

Bol  
Two years ago

So much courage this Tassie team. McVeigh fearless!!

Reply #890922 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Two years ago

Difference at the moment is Goulding. He is going now so may not be possible for JJs to shut him down in the last.

Reply #890923 | Report this post

Weedy Slug  
Two years ago

Hunger ain't the same as last year for united.

Reply #890924 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

Loving the tightness.

Reply #890925 | Report this post

Bol  
Two years ago

Wowee

Reply #890926 | Report this post

Ben  
Two years ago

How the fuck is Tassie going to win this game. Incredible.

But not as incredible as the soundtrack from the year 2000 that's been playing all game :)

Reply #890927 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Two years ago

Jumpazzzz!!!

Top win

Reply #890928 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Fantastic game, JJs and the crowd was magnificent.

Reply #890929 | Report this post

Bol  
Two years ago

Ouch 6/33 from three for United. Where is Baba anyway??

Reply #890930 | Report this post

Weedy Slug  
Two years ago

Imagine betting on Tassie to win gf at the start of season.

Reply #890931 | Report this post

Bol  
Two years ago

Such tough defense by the JJ's all of Uniteds shots were under pressure in the last quarter. That's the way NBl finals should be played. Tassie a sneaky chance for game 3

Reply #890932 | Report this post

Scout  
Two years ago

JLA not having words right now.

f...k me this JJ team plays tough

Reply #890933 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

Imagine betting on Tassie to win gf at the start of season.

On another forum I read someone has them at 200:1.

Reply #890934 | Report this post

LJ  
Two years ago

I cannot understand how that coaches challenge against the Goulding 3 were successful. Cotton goes to the free throw line regularly for those.

Reply #890935 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Two years ago

Cotton get's to the free throw because they take his landing spot. Adams went across CG43 and the leg out of his cylinder was the reason contact was made.

Reply #890936 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

It was a very friendly call to the JJs, Goulding was fading away and that's how your legs go. As they say shit happens. United weren’t good enough.

Reply #890937 | Report this post

Anon  
Two years ago

Sebastian, Cotton got many calls this year where a 3 was taken and the feet were hit inside the 3 point line with Cottons legs being kicked out. I'm fine with the call as long as its consistent from here on.

Reply #890942 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Two years ago

Taking landing space compared to missing a player going across. 2 different plays.

Reply #890945 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Two years ago

I was surprised Goulding didn't get that call. You have to give a player space to land. Guys kick their feet out all the time on fade away shots.

Either way, JJs were too good tonight. They just seemed to have an extra gear and intensity that United didn't have and it's up to them now to carry this momentum through into Melbourne. I don't see the JJs beating Melbourne in Melbourne but I'd definitely love it if they did.

Reply #890948 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Two years ago

Players don't tend to land with both legs out in front of them so CG was not denied space to land

Reply #890950 | Report this post

Scout  
Two years ago

Yep I'm amazed Goulding did not get a call.

Reply #890951 | Report this post

LV  
Two years ago

Epic atmosphere, I'm almost happy JJs won

Yeah Cotton gets that call regularly, I think CGs motion involves a slightly larger space which might take him outside his cylinder. It's a tough one.

The bad one was McIntosh firstly getting away with a hook then the phantom call on JLA. And the similar one earlier on Hukporti. Pretty weird with a game as physical as that when they start inventing fouls, but that's what an epic crowd gets you

Bring on Monday, I wonder if anyone scores 80!

Reply #890958 | Report this post

LV  
Two years ago

6/33 is terrible but you do have to credit JJs D too. It's been brilliant

JLA is Their biggest advantage, so must work out how to get him better touches down low

Reply #890959 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:38 am, Wed 17 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754