hoopie
Two years ago

JJs next season?

Will Scott Roth be back?
Who's a FA after this season?
Should they go for upgrades wherever possible, or stick with who they have? For example, should they try to get stronger or more consistent imports?

Their culture helped them over-achieve this season, but they’ve got a target on their backs for next season. How can they keep the momentum going and live up to the expectations?

Thoughts?

Topic #50036 | Report this topic

Anon  
Two years ago

https://spatialjam.com/contracttracker

Reply #891299 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

It'll be big target to, if Roth leaves as rumoured, I’d hate to be the next coach, the pressure will be enormous.

Reply #891303 | Report this post

Baller  
Two years ago

If Roth leaves chance will 100% step up and take over. Out of the imports I think they will definitely try and bring josh adams back I think maggette depends on who is coach he would probably come back if it's Roth as he seems to rate him highly at point. I think they will look to upgrade mkintosh for a genuine 5 man to back up mahogany

Reply #891391 | Report this post

Boba Fett  
Two years ago

Chance taking over? Fat Chance of that occurring. Probably the same chance as Roth leaving. ZERO.

Reply #891430 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

I don't see it either since Roth had effectively no off season due to the lockdown and has been working/stuck in Australia, away from his family, for over a year. Some well needed R&R back in the US after this Grand Final series and he'll be back.

Reply #891439 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

The above is in reference to rumours stemming from Roth's burn out, but there are very good reasons for it which don't necessarily mean he will quit.

A rookie head coach in his late 50s who finally got an opportunity isn't going to walk away after one successful season.

Reply #891442 | Report this post

koberulz  
Two years ago

With nothing on the table, sure. If a job offer comes up in the US, though, I'd imagine he'll be very tempted.

Reply #891453 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

No doubt.

Reply #891455 | Report this post

Scout  
Two years ago

JJ's season ain't over.

Reply #891471 | Report this post

hoopie  
Two years ago

Is anyone else underwhelmed by McIntosh? Surely JJs need a more consistent import who can defend without racking up fouls like he does?

Reply #891711 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:55 am, Wed 17 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754