Kanga
Two years ago

Assists

When will junior basketball evolve past recording points only?

Worst aspect of the team game.

An inspired association or State organisation would start recording other key stats.

Current structure across junior bball just encourages bad decision making, and the problem is that we all know it!!

Watched a game today where a kid had 10-15 assists, but just not rewarded as he should because people just focus on the basket.

We need to evolve. We need to reward bball IQ, not the last touch.

It needs to be driven by BV or a higher-thinking Association.

Topic #50049 | Report this topic

Frog 22  
Two years ago

Will be almost impossible unless there are component statisticians. Majority of scorers are parents that have trouble with simple running of clocks/scoring.

Reply #891561 | Report this post

Anon  
Two years ago

Most clubs have enough trouble getting statiticians for senior games. They don't even have stats in other states for some YL comps.
Kanga do you know the FIBA definition of an assist? Are you qualified?

Why assists? Why not rebounds?

Lets say I do stats for my child's games, do you think the league is going to check to say that I'm giving the correct assist for the right players.

The only way it will ever happen is using AI and video stats and would be 10-15 years away before anything is ever implemented.

Reply #891564 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:42 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754