Aussie
Two years ago

Goorj likely to coach in the NBA

Per nbl.com.au

Logue wrote "a role in the NBA has emerged as a genuine option" for Goorjian, who stepped aside as Hawks coach last week.

Goorjian will remain as a special advisor for Illawarra, but he has made no secret about his desire to coach again.

“A lot of things were said afterwards about 'I'm tired, I'm old'. My engine’s at 100 miles an hour and I will be coaching next year,” Goorjian said last week.

Wouldn't surprise me. I didn't think he would head back to China or even go to another Asian club.

Good luck to him. I hope he stays on as Boomers head coach until 2024

Topic #50061 | Report this topic

Aussie  
Two years ago

Even if it's as an assistant in the NBA, he needs to take this opportunity

Reply #891816 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Two years ago

Hopefully he can fit Boomers in but certainly doesn't hurt to have him in the NBA. And on a personal level, he really has to give it a go if the option is there.

Reply #891820 | Report this post

Saint23  
Two years ago

is goorji aussie?

Reply #891822 | Report this post

Isaac  
Two years ago

When LA and Sacramento had been shortlisting a commentator derided as a coach, it might be that their domestic coaching pool is a bit limited and overseas options are worth considering.

Reply #891844 | Report this post

D2.0  
Two years ago

The whole is just really weird, hard to say what the true story is behind it all.

Reply #891864 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

Surely this isn't right because my boy Boba Fett already said Goorj is going to coach a team from China so it must be true! nbl.com.au are embarrassing themselves.

Reply #891866 | Report this post

Boba Fett  
Two years ago

You are a dickhead PW. I posted a rumour yet typically you exaggerate the truth. Oh it could be Japan to according to someone else. Play the ball and not the man. Only bullies do that, but seeing as you are one irl I expect nothing more. Pathetic still.

Reply #891915 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

So now it is a rumour. Here's a tip - next time just say that.

The users who said Japan in the other thread clearly stated they were guessing but it didn't stop you from being angry about it.

You, on the other hand, have always presented your information in a way as if it were some sort of fact, instead of a guess or rumour. It's baffling how you still don't get it after all of these years, how hard is it to make yourself clear?

Again the issues with you stem from the fact you deliberately portray news in a fashion that makes you think you look like an insider when you are not. Perhaps after reading this you may gain a little bit of self awareness.

Tell you what - next time if you don't clarify it yourself I will ask you if your mail is a guess, rumour or fact. Since you have a love of acronyms we'll call it GRF.

Reply #891936 | Report this post

Anon  
Two years ago

Heading to China to coach the Bay Area Dragons

Reply #892044 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Two years ago

The Boomers remain a priority for me and I look forward to working with the team as together we go for gold in Paris.

Reply #892046 | Report this post

Weedy Slug  
Two years ago

$$$ only.

Reply #892050 | Report this post

Boba Fett  
Two years ago

"Heading to China to coach the Bay Area Dragons"
Oh no!!! It can't be true. Don't tell Perthwanker.

Reply #892052 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Two years ago

It sounds like theyre trying to make an Asian equivalent of the Euroleague. Be interesting if the NBL could somehow be involved and expand its own blueprint that way.

Reply #892056 | Report this post

Boba Fett  
Two years ago

"https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/goorjian-to-be-dragons-foundation-coach-in-new-asian-league/2022/05/11/b7c7398a-d1a7-11ec-886b-df76183d233f_story.html"

Reply #892058 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

Good work Boba Fett, I'm proud of you. Keep the goss coming.

Reply #892059 | Report this post

Boba Fett  
Two years ago

"nbl.com.au are embarrassing themselves." Yep. You were 100% wrong and your gutter behaviour is typical of your bulliness.
If I say it's a rumour you hang shit on me and if I say it's true you put shit on me.
The Forum's bully as usual. An apology is expected instead of your poor post above. Oh I even got the Manila bit right much to your hatred.

Cockwomble, great word. Save you Googling it. "A person, usually male, prone to making outrageously stupid statements and/or inappropriate behaviour while generally having a very high opinion of their own wisdom and importance."
Synonyms: fuckwit, shit-for-brains"

Reply #892062 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

That's rich coming from the guy who abused the entire forum mercilessly for years while hiding behind the anonymous posting system. So angry.

Just be clear next time instead of writing cryptic clues because you suck at those.

Love you too.

Reply #892063 | Report this post

Boba Fett  
Two years ago

Not here to do what you demand cockwomble. You successfully destroyed that particular forum and keep on going pal. Your petulant childish behaviour has never changed one bit. Once a bully always a bully.

Reply #892080 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:04 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754