Well deserved contract

Reply #892321 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Good luck to him, hope he goes great.

Reply #892324 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

He's been playing very well for Mt Gambier that I'm surprised he wasn't able to get a spot on a roster for next season somewhere else but probably wanted to stay in Adelaide. Harris' re-signing probably got in the way there.

Good luck to him.

Reply #892327 | Report this post

Daly  
Two years ago

List clogger.

Reply #892329 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

Bit hard to be a list clogger if you're not actually on the list. Now Manny Malou that's a list clogger.

Reply #892331 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Two years ago

Daly Mudronja went to Illawarra so you are all good

Reply #892333 | Report this post

Hermann  
Two years ago

Why do this. Had Mud and then gone...should keep local talent... hurt like sitting on old crumpets eatching mcveigh lighting up for the ants... let's dev and retain.. great bball still getting positive press...iccy white any chance he come
e back got game to excite...

Reply #892339 | Report this post

DennisRodmansHair  
Two years ago

Good signing and well deserved. Has been playing some solid basketball the past few weeks down in Mount Gambier. He's only 22, so gets an opportunity to develop over the next couple of seasons. Congrats Nick.

Reply #892343 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

The McVeigh at Sixers was very average, JJs took a punt and he came through, could have gone badly. JJs also probably payed overs at the time. It happens, same with Pinder, CJ can now bring his guys in and hopefully Sixers settle into a system that gets the best out of all.

Reply #892346 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

The JJ's didn't take a 'punt' on McVeigh they knew what they were getting as he had shown it all with the Sixers numerous times when he got the minutes and opportunity. The thing was the Sixers usually had other players ahead of him in the offence so he was never going to get as much as opportunity to shine. Tassie have only got one legit scorer so he's stepped into that chasm of opportunity.

We all saw it I said at the time it was a big mistake letting McVeigh walk it was obvious he could perform at that level consistently if given more opportunity. Typical short sighted JVG decision.

Reply #892349 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

You were looking at a different McVeigh to the one I was, average at best, good chest thumper at time though, where now he's a good player but average chest thumper.

Reply #892357 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

Nah non-Sixers fans like yourself always made that mistake, you all got sucked in by the chest thumping and carrying on.

Reply #892359 | Report this post

Looking forward  
Two years ago

McVeigh perhaps another example of many younger guys who have some talent/athleticism taking a bit longer to really come grips with playing in the NBL?

The job for coaches/basketball managers is to identify which ones to give some extra time and support to.

Couldn't the 6ers have sat McVeigh down and encouraged him to continue to focus on his game and a bit less on his (annoying) arm waving?

Reply #892364 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

McVeigh is a high anxiety guy that's why he and Drmic were best buddies. Drmic even said he's a depressive kind of character so McVeigh used to brighten him up and no doubt Drmic cooled some of McVeigh's excessive anxiety too. Yin and yang.

McVeigh uses that anxiety to pump himself up to get him going which to opposition fans played out like an average player carrying on like he's a superstar. He was always better than average I saw virtually every game he played in his 3 years with the Sixers when the opportunity was there he usually shone a much 3pt shooter than he was given credit for too, as Sixers fans we all saw that quite regularly.

I suspect the Sixers in their wisdom chose to let McVeigh walk because they knew they were bringing Mojave King in a similar SF type who as a Next Star would be required to get a certain amount of minutes which would reduce McVeigh's minutes going forward thus making him expendable. Don't forget King's contract as a NS is paid for by the NBL unlike McVeigh's new deal would've been.

A bit of cost-cutting combined with keeping in the NBL's good books is likely why McVeigh was allowed to leave. BS decision and typical of JVG's too smart by half crap.

Reply #892374 | Report this post

Isaac  
Two years ago

I didn't watch enough of the hand waving to get frustrated by it, but a bit of enthusiasm for the team has been in short supply and would've been useful for them recently.

Reply #892378 | Report this post

KET  
Two years ago

Looks like Mojave King is contracted for next year?

What's the difference between restricted and unrestricted? I would have thought it’s either you’re contracted or you aren’t in the nbl, save for options and outs.

I get other leagues have matching scenarios, but what does restricted mean for the nbl?

Reply #892384 | Report this post

koberulz  
Two years ago

Import.

Reply #892385 | Report this post

KET  
Two years ago

I see, thanks

Reply #892389 | Report this post

Roger Murdoch  
Two years ago

100% agree with Zodiac
Always thought his performance warranted more court time. We should of kept him no doubt.

Reply #892409 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

"A bit of cost-cutting combined with keeping in the NBL's good books is likely why McVeigh was allowed to leave."

Possibly Tassie just offered him more than the Sixers thought he was worth. The JJs were starting with an empty salary cap, and possibly Magnay, McVeigh and Steindl were the local they made pretty decent offers to that were hard to match.

Reply #892420 | Report this post

Iter  
Two years ago

@Zodiac

What? High anxiety McVeigh and depressive Drmic? Are you channeling Karl Jung? Want to use Myers Briggs profiles to recruit the team?

Sorry mate but using such terms to denote personality went out with the 1980s and is just not appropriate at all.

Depression and anxiety are illnesses / disorders / distressing behaviours. They are not personality traits.

Join us in the 21st Century View of mental well-being when you're ready please.

Reply #892540 | Report this post

SixersFan  
Two years ago

"I suspect the Sixers in their wisdom chose to let McVeigh walk because they knew they were bringing Mojave King in a similar SF"

Sorry to break it to you but McVeigh is a PF.

McVeigh didn't stay at the Sixers because

1. He was never going to start. They would never put DJ or IH on the bench for McVeigh.

2. Tassie offered him more.

Reply #892563 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

Iter, those were Drmic's own words mate he called himself a depressive character.

Sixers Fan, McVeigh didn't play PF for the Sixers that's DJ's spot.

Reply #892566 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

McVeigh is a fill in power forward, yes he did well under Roth there, he's best suited to the three, lot easier defending out there for his size.

Reply #892571 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:38 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754