Isaac
Two years ago

NBA Western Conference Finals: Warriors vs Mavericks

Game 1 at halftime, Warriors leading. How far can Luka carry the Mavs?

Topic #50085 | Report this topic

Sebastian  
Two years ago

30 point margin with 9 to play in 4th

Reply #892433 | Report this post

JoelMVP  
Two years ago

Game 1 was always going to be there for thvtaking for the Warriors. Short turn arounds hurt after game 7's. Luka looked tired and lethargic. Game 2 and 3 are the real barometers on if this is a series or a cake walk.

Reply #892447 | Report this post

Isaac  
Two years ago

Bit of an element of "played their final" for the Mavs in getting past Phoenix IMO. They're very reliant on Doncic and his stamina can't hold out forever. Might be premature, and Celtics or Heat would be a greater challenge, but it feels like the Warriors are built for this pressure, even if Steph is a notch down from his past best. Guys like Draymond, Steph and Klay just cruise and wait for the post-season.

Reply #892462 | Report this post

Yup  
Two years ago

Schedule loss for Mavs :-p

Reply #892468 | Report this post

LV  
Two years ago

Warriors have long been my tip for the West, and the whole thing

Phoenix were a well drilled team, with good defense and the same core group as last season, relatively few injuries and disruptions compared to most teams, all things that help you collate an impressive W/L in the fast paced NBA season where teams are flying in at 3am after 4 games in 7 days, but in the playoffs they got found out

Warriors have been there, done that, so will win in 5 or 6, but my tip is Warriors will have at least one more blow out win

Having said that, Miami or Boston could give them a great series. I'm looking forward to it.

Don't watch many full games, just highlights but this has been an epic playoffs. 2020 felt weird, no crowds, 2021 was dominated by injuries to good players (Kawhi, Davis, Brooklyn, etc) but this year has just had great matchups (Both Memphis series...Boston/Milwaukee) loving it

Reply #892472 | Report this post

BALLER#3  
Two years ago

Mavs Fan. Watch 80% of their games, couple takeaways:

Kleber playing limited minutes with foul trouble is a huge point, as he really contributes to the Mavs D. D should be much better with him instead of Powell in game 2.

They wont shoot that poorly from 3 next game. Many open misses, Bullock could have easily had 8 made 3s with how open he was.

Will Golden state role players being Wiggins and Looney be as affective next game is a big question?

Luka warms up to each series, and will start to figure a few weaknesses he can attack more as the series progresses. Look at his game 1 vs Phoenix and game 4 vs Utah (his game 1), both his poorest games of the playoffs along with Game 1 of the WCFs.

Overall, reminded me a lot of game 1 vs the Suns with the Mavs getting used to things and getting rid of the nerves. I think they have a shot at game 2, and should still hold at home. I think the series goes to at least 6. I still back Warriors as slight favourites in 7 though.

Reply #892509 | Report this post

Big Fudge  
Two years ago

Dallas down 3-0 now and this one should be over in 5...

Reply #892615 | Report this post

BALLER#3  
Two years ago

My original comment was somewhat true. Certainly better first halves by the mavs but oh my luka needs a capable center and a true 2nd fiddle.

Brunson is the perfect 3rd, but they need one more between to really contend. Will be interesting to see if they can turn hardaway/dinwiddie into something of value in the off season.

Reply #892622 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:30 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754