Scout
Two years ago

Harry Froling back to Brisbane

Brisbane ticking the signings off - thoughts on the big fella heading North?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/303093533714734/?multi_permalinks=961074804583267%2C960511861306228%2C960470541310360%2C960018238022257%2C959461548077926¬if_id=1653469207127520¬if_t=group_activity&ref=notif

Topic #50105 | Report this topic

Perthworld  
Two years ago

thoughts on the big fella heading North?

"Why?"

Reply #892866 | Report this post

Ben  
Two years ago

Froling on many accounts simply didn't fit in with the Bullets playing group last time around and was generally a negative.

So of course the Bullets bring him back. Why not right, Bullets gonna Bullet.

Sammy Mack you right m8? Sigh.

Reply #892872 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Very strange decision, got tools to be good, work ethic is very minimal. Brisbane again looking like a coaches grave yard.

Reply #892875 | Report this post

Frisbee14  
Two years ago

I suppose it comes down to how much he'll be on. While he has been ridiculed, myself included, after his good rookie season, he still can be very useful in this league if he sorts himself out. A modest contract but laden with incentives would work for both sides. Who knows, maybe the penny has dropped that he's not God's gift and that he's already a journey man in his mid 20s with not too many chances left.

Reply #892888 | Report this post

Ben  
Two years ago

Cheap contract + Brisbane renowned penny pinchers = makes sense.

Reply #892891 | Report this post

Weedy Slug  
Two years ago

Kevin Martin... won't spend a cent more.

Reply #892892 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

Incredible that he's only 24. He improved his work ethic last season, if he continues that then he's a good pick up, but if he slips back obviously it's not.

Reply #892899 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

Without Goorjian be will revert back to what he was before.

Reply #892909 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

he*

Reply #892910 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

It's looking that way at the chargers a bit, early days but he should be a twenty and ten man every game.

Reply #892911 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Two years ago

Theres a lot of Aussie NBL players who dont improve year on year because they know good enough is 'good enough' and that they can sustain a 10-15 year career in the league just by being a semi-okay basketball player. For someone like Harry there is no pressure to perform or improve for his spot. Unless coaches get more firm or spaces get harder to come by some guys will just float along. I guess it happens in the NBA as well to an extent but I feel like Daniel Johnson and other guys like this have been getting by with minimal effort to improving their weaknesses

Reply #892912 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

Exactly right and the reason for it is there is no lower division being played under the NBL during summer for local replacements. Pressure creates diamonds but there is none in the NBL.

Reply #892930 | Report this post

Boba Fett  
Two years ago

The Diamonds are in the rough, that's what the NBL1 is about.

Reply #892933 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

You completely missed my point.

Reply #892935 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:31 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754