Reader
Two years ago

Is Adelaide spending more or spending better?

Recruiting two and possibly three premium imports from other NBL teams seems to indicate the team is splashing the cash. Is this a fair assumption or has the team been consistently spending large but unable to get the right players?

Topic #50154 | Report this topic

Anon  
Two years ago

More

Reply #893648 | Report this post

Weedy Slug  
Two years ago

Tbf, I don't think brisbane has a big budget.

Reply #893650 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Two years ago

Both

Reply #893651 | Report this post

Ballin Fan  
Two years ago

The rumours were that Brisbane had culture problems,
I suspect some players were not happy that they gave the ball to an import who was not in shape, especially when another import was perfectly capable, and he himself lost 25lb in college between his sophomore and junior years.
I personally don't think the 36ers are spending more, they have just have moved the cash from their highly paid marquee Aussie IH to a safer spread over three imports.

And CJ is finally getting a chance to channel Uncle Drew
"My roster, my team...".

Reply #893652 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Two years ago

Probably both. Add the import money of Hannahs - who wasnt playing for peanuts - and Withers to Isaac Humphries salary and you could have cleared up 800K quite easily (250 +150 +400 as fair estimates)

Bare in mind Adelaide was allegedly the highest spending team two seasons ago. When you get rid of the walking boardroom cancer that is JVG suddenly the team starts actually LOOKING like the highest spending team

I am glad to see Adelaide has moved away from spending big on G League journeymen who've never shown anything anywhere else and onto proven performers at NBL level. Every move they've made thus far has smacked of the type of common sense that was lacking for so long.

Reply #893666 | Report this post

JoelMVP  
Two years ago

By all accounts, it's simply a case of spending better. JVG was only interested in signing guys he was able to get some perks out of, so now, the same money as such, but more logical choices.

Reply #893687 | Report this post

JohnnyB  
Two years ago

Not paying 3 head coaches probably helps the player budget also

Reply #893847 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:16 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754