Dunkman
Two years ago

Tanner Krebs re-signs with Brisbane

Back at Brisbane, got better as season went on, not starting quality yet imo. Better option than Drimic though.
Brisbane got seven signings, only Sobey is an A plus player. I don't believe Patterson will be back, need a few good imports.
Looking like another tough year at bullets.

Topic #50160 | Report this topic

Zodiac  
Two years ago

I could see the Bullets bringing Patterson back especially after losing Franks. Krebs is okay as an end of bench player but will be interesting to see if they bring Wigness back again. I remember how much hype he had Lemanis was even looking into signing him as a Next Star, not an NBL player IMO.

Reply #893725 | Report this post

curtley  
Two years ago

And the NBL award for the player with a name that most belongs in a Cohen brothers film goes to....

Reply #893726 | Report this post

TaipansTragic  
Two years ago

Was sort of hoping the Taipans could've gotten him for depth after missing out on Stattmann. Young Australian guard, with scoring ability, would’ve been great to see how he could develop under Forde. Congrats to him for re-signing with Brisbane.

Reply #893727 | Report this post

Statman84  
Two years ago

I've heard Patterson won't be back. But I could be wrong :

Krebs is a solid signing. He will go well with more court time, which should happen with Drmic leaving.

Reply #893728 | Report this post

Ben  
Two years ago

Scrooge McBullets surprise nobody with another cheap signature.

If anything, Krebs regressed through the past season. Started out with a meaningful role and minutes, but when Duncan realised he was getting little on offence he had no choice but to rein in his time.

Wigness isn't an NBL standard player and we shouldn't expect to see him back on court, but then again the Bullets gonna Bullet so who knows. Still chuckle when Lemon tried to get him on the books as a Next Star.

Be interesting to see what Patterson does. He's obviously in town for NBL1 and seems like a dude who'd just take the comfort option. Would anyone else in the NBl stump up more $ than Brisbane is prepared to offer to entice him away. I don't think we'll ever see him in peak physical shape again, but he can still get points and he's a good roster piece if not overpaying.

I feel bad for Sobey. In his prime for say another 2-3 years max and it's difficult to see Brisbane being anything but a bottom 4 team for at least the season coming.

Reply #893730 | Report this post

Kings  
Two years ago

I think there is a culture problem in Brissy.

They also are not giving their fans much to celebrate this offseason, I doubt the return of Froling will get bums on seats. Terrible decision making, are we sure JVG isnt running them under an alias?

Reply #893731 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Two years ago

I remember Wigness was meant to be the next Patty MIlls - NBA player, Boomer, it goes on and on. lol. That's what happens when you put too much stock in what someone does at a Junior level. He's not been close to replicating it in the NBL. He's still young, but falls into the group with Mojave King as guys who will probably turn into 'okay at best'

Reply #893732 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

As statesman said, the word no Patterson back, to poor on defence. Is Patterson still here, I thought he's gone to Puerto Rico .

Reply #893735 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

I feel bad for Sobey. In his prime for say another 2-3 years max and it's difficult to see Brisbane being anything but a bottom 4 team for at least the season coming.

I wouldn't feel too bad for Sobey the Bullets just re-signed him to a 3 year deal, presumably for one last big pay day and must've known they would cheap out on the rest of the roster if so.

Reply #893736 | Report this post

TaipansTragic  
Two years ago

To be fair, guys like Wigness & Mojave King atm seem like they can contribute, but I guess it's finding the right coach and system for them to be somewhat productive. Wani this season for the Kings was the perfect example of it. Having a primary assigned role, and having the opportunity to perform that role with consistent minutes.

Reply #893744 | Report this post

proud  
Two years ago

Maybe it's the romantic in me but I always thought Tanner Krebs would go home to Tasmania and lifelong Bullets fan Rasmuss Bach would go home to Brisbane but you can't have both those guys on the same team as they are basically the identical player

Reply #893745 | Report this post

Statman84  
Two years ago

To be fair, Krebs isn't meant to be a superstar signing. He is bench role player. He should be getting more minutes this season, so it is a great re-signing for him and the club.

He was the only player left I was hoping would re-sign. The rest....meh.

Reply #893747 | Report this post

Baller  
Two years ago

He only signed for one season I recon he will be at the jack jumpers next season

Reply #893799 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:26 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754