fastbreak1
Two years ago

Zhou Qi and Tyrone Wallace to SEM

In addition to tomorrow's import PG signing, the phoenix are set to announce later in the month the re signing of Zhou QI and signing of SG Tyrone Wallace.

Topic #50166 | Report this topic

Kings  
Two years ago

Wallace is a good get, should give them what Munford did.

Reply #893776 | Report this post

Weedy Slug  
Two years ago

Didnt'

Much better defender than Munford.

Reply #893777 | Report this post

Mathew  
Two years ago

I spoke to JVG about Tyrone Wallace august last year as I saw huge potential for him to be a star in this league and was told he was a good player but wasn't the player they were after. Adelaide are lucky he has left the club as he would have ruined it beyond repair

Reply #893779 | Report this post

Saint23  
Two years ago

is Wallace more sg or pg? i saw on twitter player Gary Browne pg was getting signed

Reply #893780 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Wallace looks alright but surely they are not bringing Qi back, his defence got found out badly.

Reply #893781 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

Very surprised they were able to get Zhou Qi to agree to return. What I saw of him last year I thought he was used poorly by Mitchell and that he really struggled with the officiating of bigs in the NBL and was never able to adapt.

I was one who thought Qi would dominate last season and other than a nice start it just never really looked like happening. I think there was a period early-ish where he went off to play with China and picked up an ankle injury and from then on it went to shit.

Early in the season when getting the ball he could score almost at will and his shot blocking was incredible, hopefully Mitchell will be able to do a better job maximising his skills next season.

Reply #893783 | Report this post

a5ian nbl fan  
Two years ago

Wallace isn't getting signed where the fuck did u get that it's grey browne

Reply #893784 | Report this post

fastbreak1  
Two years ago

Reply #893784

Gary Browne signing tomorrow, refer to original post. Wallace being signed as the 2 guard and announced closer to end of month. Browne is the 1

Reply #893785 | Report this post

a5ian nbl fan  
Two years ago

can i ask where this coming from

Reply #893786 | Report this post

Scout  
Two years ago

https://twitter.com/SEMelbPhoenix/status/1536823402958561280/photo/1

Reply #893792 | Report this post

a5ian nbl fan  
Two years ago

nah i meant the wallace

Reply #893800 | Report this post

Kings  
Two years ago

JVG knows nothing about basketball, he is a business man so it is only normal he would not be able to see the potential of Tyrone Wallace. He thought Dusty Hannahs was the answer to Adelaides woes. Anyone could see his IQ was an issues and he would be nothing but a bench shooter. JVG thought he was the next Chris Goulding. He signed Withers because he took less money... buisiness man. Not want Adelaide needed.

Reply #893838 | Report this post

Saint23  
Two years ago

3 more days till we see if fastbreak1 was right or not

Reply #894680 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

Zhou Qi in town this week with the Chinese national team, if it's being announced that's when it will be.

Reply #894690 | Report this post

NBLTigers  
Two years ago

Not high on Simon coaching Zhou Qi again. Simon was hopeless getting the best out of Zhou Qi.

Heard Tyrone Wallace is a gun. Let's hope it works out, because if Phoenix have another up and down season then just blow them up!

Waste of expansion when the NBL already had Tigers, Magic, Giants etc.

Reply #894692 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:16 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754