Isaac
Two years ago

Josh Adams won't return to JackJumpers

Topic #50171 | Report this topic

Mystro  
Two years ago

Shame that they can't keep the team together for another go at it but I'm sure they'll be able to replace him with another high quality import and they'll probably save some money.

Reply #893919 | Report this post

AngusH  
Two years ago

He was a hell of an act to watch the 2nd half of the season, but based on the rumours of what he was being offered elsewhere this is not surprising in the least.

Reply #893920 | Report this post

Scout  
Two years ago

Pro sports.

He leaves with a love of the game he did not have before coming to Tassie (his words), and respect of those who have enjoyed the evolution of the new franchise in Tasmania.

Loved the way he played and will remember a couple of game-winning scenarios - one the block on Creek and the three-point dagger against Melbourne in the semi.

He did not have the consistency that would have elevated him and the team especially early in the season when he was trying to do it all. You could tell he had a chip on the shoulder and a lot to prove, was great to watch.

Believe the scenario will be beneficial for both him (more $'s elsewhere) and the Jackjumpers (recruit someone more consistent).

Reply #893921 | Report this post

LV  
Two years ago

Sorry to see him go. Brought some epic highlights and huge games in the playoffs

Reply #893923 | Report this post

Ballman  
Two years ago

NBL seems to be progressively becoming a feeder league for richer Asian Leagues, Europe as well as the NBA.

With this in mind the NBL should make it easier for imports to naturalise after a few years , without citizenship. If for example an Import plays 5 years straight in the NBL they become unrestricted. This might encourage players who love the local lifestyle to hang around for less money with a view to extending their playing career here in the NBL.

Legends like Leroy Loggins, Grace and Fisher finished their careers around 40.

Reply #893926 | Report this post

DennisRodmansHair  
Two years ago

From all reports it sounds like its a case of him loving to stay, but the dollars on offer in other parts of the world is too much for him to ignore. You cant really blame him, he's in the prime of his career and looking to cash his cheque while he can. For the same reasons I can see JLA going to China (which I've heard rumours of).

Reply #893936 | Report this post

Boba Fett  
Two years ago

McIntosh gone, Magette retained, Mikailovskii no loss, will Perry gain a spot?
Who will replace the 2 other imports and the NS. Interesting times ahead.

Reply #893947 | Report this post

Kings  
Two years ago

Honestly I do believe the Jumpers success was a "honeymoon period" effect thing. New franchise, alot of buzz around them, everything clicked.

Will be happy to eat my hat if I'm wrong though.

Love that they retained Magette, hopefully they can sign another gun import now Adams is out of reach. I am adament that without Adams they wouldn't have reached the finals, it will be hard to replace him.

Boba Fett - I wouldn't bother with Perry, he opted out anyway to test the market. There are better options I'd say. Wouldn't mind seeing Vic Law there and move McVeigh to the 3.

Reply #893953 | Report this post

Scout  
Two years ago

Hard work, culture, right people - not just a matter of it magically 'clicking'.

Foundation in place at the Jackjumpers they will still be good to watch.

Reply #893954 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

"NBL seems to be progressively becoming a feeder league"

Not at all. World basketball is an import merry-go-round. Few teams anywhere keep the same imports one year to the next.

While Adams produced some unbelievable games, the JackJumpers can get someone who can consistently produce more than what he did. It's all in the picking, as Goorj says.

Reply #893958 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Two years ago

Maybe Adelaide will make it happen...

Reply #893961 | Report this post

Kings  
Two years ago

Scout - hard work, right people yes but a team in its first year does not have a "culture" as of yet, they are establishing one for sure but a culture is built on consistency.

Reply #893969 | Report this post

Boba Fett  
Two years ago

I am surprised they kept Magette. Good luck to them. After last seasons GF appearance they will need to recruit very well.

Reply #893970 | Report this post

Outlook  
Two years ago

Is he going to Perth? They have two import spots to fill.

Reply #893973 | Report this post

Drexler  
Two years ago

If he goes to Perth (unlikely) then all we need is one more undersized guard and and we can do a proper production of snow white and then 7 dwarves at half time

Reply #893977 | Report this post

Scout  
Two years ago

Kings - culture is always being built, but it needs a structure that Roth and others have put in place.

Hungry but humble has been their from day one. Their is a sense of belonging for the members across the state, that can not be fabricated that has happened from transparency and embedding themselves in the community.

Consistency is one component, I am confident the Jackjumpers have a more robust culture after one year than many other clubs.

Consistency ironically is not something some of the bigger clubs (except for Perth) have shown. Interesting criteria you use.

Reply #893978 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

Liam says Sydney & Brisbane are in the running to sign Josh Adams.

"He hasn't signed a contract elsewhere, he's entertaining offers," Santamaria said.

“He’s got a couple of good offers from Europe on the table, but also serious interest from a couple of other NBL clubs.

“He's listening to talks and hasn't been completely priced out of the NBL market.”

Santamaria mentioned the Sydney Kings and Brisbane Bullets as two teams who could potentially be in the race for Adams.

https://nbl.com.au/news/rival-nbl-clubs-targeting-adams

Reply #893980 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

"I am surprised they kept Magette."

No surprise. Josh wanted to stay, JJs wanted to keep him.

Reply #893981 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

"a team in its first year does not have a "culture" as of yet"

Every collective of people has culture. Over time it develops. The JackJumpers group had as strong a culture as any playing group last season.

Reply #893982 | Report this post

Boba Fett  
Two years ago

"No surprise. Josh wanted to stay, JJs wanted to keep him."
Yes of course. Everyone wants to stay unless they want to move. :)

Reply #893983 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

Yes of course. And Josh M wanted to stay.

Reply #893984 | Report this post

AntAntAnt  
Two years ago

JJs seem like they have some quality replacements lined up for JA and MM. If it's RK and MD, they seem more than qualified.

Reply #893989 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

RK and MD being who?

Reply #893990 | Report this post

Scout  
Two years ago

Yeah who are RK and MD????

Reply #893991 | Report this post

Saint23  
Two years ago

rashard kelly milton doyle my guesses there following maggette on instagram

Reply #893993 | Report this post

Saint23  
Two years ago

Kelly 6 7 sf pf
Doyle 6 4 sg

Reply #893994 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

rashard kelly milton doyle my guesses there following maggette on instagram

Thanks.

Reply #894002 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Two years ago

"Their (sic) is a sense of belonging for the members across the state, that can not be fabricated that has happened from transparency and embedding themselves in the community."

Scout, this is great to read as I recall the the north/south divide being a potential barrier to the team's success prior to the JJ's joining the league.

It sounds like the club has done a great job integrating the different basketball factions within the State

Reply #894058 | Report this post

Scout  
Two years ago

Yeah, Big Ads, first off apologies for the misspelling should have been there not their.

JJ's had the majority of their pre-season on the NW, played games in the North, and introduced the bloodlines concept which includes people who have contributed to basketball from across the state.

The week before Roth went back to the States he spent time on both the NW and N attending games and providing coaching sessions. There are a couple of players in the NBL1 for the NW team (Thunder).

They have put the work in.

Reply #894072 | Report this post

Boba Fett  
Two years ago

3? JJ's players selected for the Boomers? Plus 2 playing for the Chargers in the NBL1.

Reply #894077 | Report this post

Scout  
Two years ago

Boba Fett have read article congratulating Tasmanians in Australia's junior team that won gold in Asia champs?

There were 3, not 3 in Boomers

Reply #894081 | Report this post

Beach Baller  
Two years ago

McVeigh, McDaniel and Steindl from the JJ's all made the Boomers squad for qualifiers in a couple of months

Reply #894086 | Report this post

Beach Baller  
Two years ago

https://www.themercury.com.au/sport/the-jackjumpers-are-understood-to-be-close-to-signing-their-new-import-find-out-who-he-is/news-story/40fd0cd88c83f957a1e6c13276066e49?fbclid=IwAR05dIJvoFQ2LHmzMcw2vFeXuGc7zrU3SzeA4-5wUaSyUhQZHKjJYg2U6Ag&fs=e&s=cl

Reply #894105 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Two years ago

Sixers might be linked to Josh Adams?

Is Adams or Munford a better pick up?

Might not be either yet i know, but i thought Munford looked like an absolute stuf at times.

Reply #894245 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Two years ago

*stud

Reply #894246 | Report this post

Boba Fett  
Two years ago

"McVeigh, McDaniel and Steindl from the JJ's all made the Boomers squad for qualifiers in a couple of months" Pretty sure they are assembled now.

"Thursday, June 30 Australia v China 6:30pm AEST
Friday, July 1 China v Chinese Taipei 5:00pm AEST
Friday, July 1 Japan v Australia 7:30pm AEST
Sunday, July 3 Japan v Chinese Taipei 4:00pm AEST
Sunday, July 3 China v Australia 6:30pm AEST
Monday, July 4 Chinese Taipei v China 6:30pm AEST"

Reply #894253 | Report this post

Weedy Slug  
Two years ago

Linked to brissy to play with his good friend Sobey.

Reply #894255 | Report this post

KET  
Two years ago

We'd be extremely happy if 36ers scored Munford

Adams is way out of 36ers price range now

Reply #894267 | Report this post

Boba Fett  
Two years ago

Strong rumours of Adams to United.

Reply #894304 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:30 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754