Fastbreak40
Two years ago

Frank Hassell to United

Hearing from 2 different sources Frank Hassell to United.

Ex nba and most recently playing out of Argentina. Seems like a decent pickup

Topic #50185 | Report this topic

Saint23  
Two years ago

33 yrs old his nba experience is pre season and summer league

Reply #894117 | Report this post

Rod Grizzard fan  
Two years ago

HAHAHHAH and Skal Labissiere is coming too. Get real

Reply #894119 | Report this post

JMS  
Two years ago

Strange to sign a 6"8 PF when they already have Jack White at the 4 with Peatling off the bench? I would have thought a genuine go-to scoring Prather style SF would be the biggest need, or a 3/4 Vic Law type. Agada last season was a big disappointment, could score and undersized.

Reply #894121 | Report this post

JMS  
Two years ago

*couldn't

Reply #894122 | Report this post

Ballman  
Two years ago

Wasn't Agada in the shooting guard slot, he is listed as a PG online ? He was definitely not undersized for that position at 1.98m . Players like Cotton (1.82m) , Adams (1.88m) are shorter.

Reply #894126 | Report this post

RS  
Two years ago

"Strange to sign a 6"8 PF when they already have Jack White at the 4 with Peatling off the bench?"

I feel like United want White to become that Prather-style player you are eluding to. After returning from injury he spent a lot more time playing on the wing, never posted up, and defended guards (incl. up the floor).

I also recall hearing somewhere that United's development plan for White was to uplift ball handling and shooting so he can continue to stretch match-ups on the wing and be a disruptive on defense in pick and rolls.

Reply #894128 | Report this post

LV  
Two years ago

There were times when White played 3 but it was mostly 4

Agada was mostly a 3 with Delly, Ili and CG taking the guard minutes

It's more about having the right balance though, sometimes 1,2 and 3 can be interchangeable, you really need the right mix of complimentary skillsets and last year United was desperately missing a 3rd scorer outside CG and JLA. Agada was expected to be that guy, but wasn't. The offense struggled at times, notably Game 3 when CG was injured

Reply #894131 | Report this post

LV  
Two years ago

And obviously with JLA going, they've lost one of their two main scorers.

They really need a big who can score and another wing who can bring that ability to create plays for others and themselves

Reply #894132 | Report this post

KeepHoopDreaming  
Two years ago

Fake news.

Reply #894133 | Report this post

JMS  
Two years ago

Regarding Jack White at the 4 I got the feeling Vickerman was looking to broaden his skill set last season, ie develop a three ball, be able to develop more mobile 3's on the wings as this could be a role for him with the Boomers. While he has the athletic ability and amazing court hustle, rebounding etc I just don’t see his natural shooting stroke or sideways movement improving to that level.

If the talk is to retain Hukporti he gets starter minutes then the lineup would look something like the following which seems quite underwhelming:

C: Hukporti/Import
PF: White/Peatling
SF: Law(or similar)/Newley
SG: Goulding/Baba
PG: Delly/Ili

Reply #894142 | Report this post

JMS  
Two years ago

*defend more mobile 3's

Reply #894143 | Report this post

Saint23  
Two years ago

lli is now a breaker

Reply #894144 | Report this post

LV  
Two years ago

JMS, it would all depend on how much Hukporti improves, and how good the import 3 man is

Much like 12 months ago, it was going to depend on how much JLA improved, and how good Agada and Delly were

In the end, Delly played a key role and JLA became top 3 MVP. So United overachieved compared to bookie prediction of missing top 4

Reply #894148 | Report this post

NBLTigers  
Two years ago

This is fake news, surely not...

Reply #894153 | Report this post

EssenX  
Two years ago

Ili is going to the Breakers!?

Reply #894175 | Report this post

a5ian nbl fan  
Two years ago

Ili ain't going breakers and JMA Maluach is a player no need for baba

Reply #894178 | Report this post

a5ian nbl fan  
Two years ago

Also How on earth can Ili leave MU he's contracted like I know le'afa broke of he's contract but ili isn't

Reply #894179 | Report this post

Anon  
Two years ago

I think Saint is confused with Leafa. Why would Leafa leave SEM to play 3rd string point?

Reply #894183 | Report this post

Mystro  
Two years ago

If Ili was indeed coming to the Breakers he wouldn't have committed to playing NBL1 in Australia and would instead be playing NZNBL one would have thought?

It ain't happening, he's settled in Melbourne and NZ has enough guards and locals. The rest of the Breakers roster is being filled out by imports.

Reply #894186 | Report this post

Kp  
Two years ago

I can tell you for a fact that this is fake news

Reply #894194 | Report this post

a5ian nbl fan  
Two years ago

Anon zay went to nz bc of other things

Mcdowell-White / Le'afa
Import / Gliddon
Abercrombie / Rupert (Next Star / Fotu
Import / Vodanovich
Pardon / Loe / Timmins

Reply #894197 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:24 am, Sun 21 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754