Need a new GM too.

Reply #894150 | Report this post

Watto  
Two years ago

They have a GM. Need a CEO

Reply #894151 | Report this post

Ballman  
Two years ago

Yeah looks as if the Australian big man option hasn't worked out - probably cant afford it or the new ownership not prepared to pay the tax. Definitely this is looking like a budget team with a number of ageing role players with a big focus on Cotton making the difference again. What about a next star ? Nothing mentioned on that.

Big men in G-League can be very hit or miss - I remember Cookie Jnr and Dario Hunt as two very underwhelming examples. Someone with Euroleague experience would be better, the fact the cats are focused on G-League gives a good indication they are looking for a budget option that could be the next Mooney.

My concern last year the wildcats saying how Frazier III was the best player available in the G-League. He was probably the worse import in the league last year give or take.

Need to get their choices locked down soon so they dont blame preseason for missing the finals again.

Reply #894155 | Report this post

Mobbin  
Two years ago

Really does feel like SEN/NBL have destroyed the Wildcats from the inside since they couldn't do it from the outside

Reply #894159 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

He was probably the worse import in the league last year give or take.

Isaiah Moss?

Reply #894161 | Report this post

D2.0  
Two years ago

It makes no sense
It's like buying a Michelin Star restaurant, and turning it into a Fish & Chip shop.

I have to believe that they paid a large sum for the Wildcats...

But then set about dismantling everything that made them worth the money.

Georgiou wasn't necessarily the brightest star in the sky, but he knew what he was doing, and when partnered with Gleeson he handled things ok.

If they replace him with someone who's better on the Recruiting & Player Management side, then WTF do they need MIlls for?

Oh well, we've had a hell of a ride.
I guess I can spend more time playing with my dogs

Reply #894166 | Report this post

Ballman  
Two years ago

Isaiah Moss was straight out of college, and didn't come with the reputation or talk that Frazier did. But yes maybe worse.

Reply #894169 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

They have a GM.

Who isn't cut out for the job.
Really does feel like SEN/NBL have destroyed the Wildcats from the inside since they couldn't do it from the outside

:(

Reply #894172 | Report this post

Bol  
Two years ago

At least Mills has identified that they were seriously under par in the 4 and the 5 last season and is looking to rectify it before the season starts this time around. That's a vast improvement already.

He's still learning on the job i guess but now that he's finished transferring all his documents into an accordion style folder he can hopefully start doing the job required. Maybe someone needs to remind him what that is.

Reply #894177 | Report this post

proud  
Two years ago

Hard task masters but I understand what you guys mean but I am still a bit surprised that Vic Law an All NBL first teamer was considered underwhelming... he was inconsistent and ultimately injured but the 5 spot was atrocious last season and I personally would love a rim protector like Mickell Gladness was back in the day for Townsville.

Mooney would be a fantastic get… but I doubt we see that ever again

Reply #894187 | Report this post

proud  
Two years ago

Hard task masters but I understand what you guys mean but I am still a bit surprised that Vic Law an All NBL first teamer was considered underwhelming... he was inconsistent and ultimately injured but the 5 spot was atrocious last season and I personally would love a rim protector like Mickell Gladness was back in the day for Townsville.

Mooney would be a fantastic get… but I doubt we see that ever again

Reply #894188 | Report this post

Bol  
Two years ago

You are right proud it is harsh to imply that he was underwhelming. Law is a great player and had good scoring and rebounding averages but defensively is where he wasn't the right fit for the cats last season.

Reply #894198 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Two years ago

Emiliano Carchia said NBL teams are looking at Gigi Datome. This might fit the bill

Reply #894199 | Report this post

Pat Bev  
Two years ago

Walker will 100% be back especially if Cotton is now a Aussie! Walker is having a huge NBL1 season for the Flames

Reply #894218 | Report this post

Pat Bev  
Two years ago

Walker will 100% be back especially if Cotton is now a Aussie! Walker is having a huge NBL1 season for the Flames

Reply #894219 | Report this post

Big Fudge  
Two years ago

Pat Bev, we only have 2 roster spots left though and need a PF and C, so even if Cotton becomes an Aussie we dont have the space available so sign a third import (unless we drop someone). Given how it took 20 games to realise Frazier was a bust I dont think we would drop a player.

Reply #894221 | Report this post

Drexler  
Two years ago

.....but if Travers is picked up in the draft......

Reply #894222 | Report this post

Bol  
Two years ago

I'd still prefer Frazier than DW

Reply #894226 | Report this post

Pat Bev  
Two years ago

Yeah there is too much history with Cotton and Walker and they are best mates too- so watch this space!

Reply #894237 | Report this post

Big Fudge  
Two years ago

Travers being picked in the draft is unlikely imo but time will tell

Reply #894239 | Report this post

Outlook  
Two years ago

Wildcats needs to sign EJ Liddell.

Reply #894368 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:47 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754