Cram
Two years ago

Patty Mills opts out

Patty opted out of his $6m player option with Brooklyn

I think its the smart move. The Nets are a bit of a mess at the moment, and even if he re signs with them, i think its smart to see how the rest of the off season plays out first to ensure they are gonna be contenders.

If he doesn't re sign with the Nets where do you think he should go?

The bucks would be a perfect fit i think. The Celtics could use him too but I don't want him there. The Lakers? Sure.But that doesnt make me happy either.

Any chance he and Joe can team up now that they're both free agents and join a contender together?

Topic #50213 | Report this topic

Weedy Slug  
Two years ago

He was told he could get 8+ elsewhere

Reply #894780 | Report this post

Cram  
Two years ago

He could have gotten more last year too. I don't think thats his main focus.

Reply #894781 | Report this post

Drexler  
Two years ago

Perth

Reply #894784 | Report this post

Big Fudge  
Two years ago

Bucks would be the perfect team for him as mentioned above. And please not the Lakers or Celtics.

Reply #894787 | Report this post

Young Gun  
Two years ago

Would love to see him at the Sixers...& his wife would be able to continue her business interests in Brooklyn. Patty seems to love living in Brooklyn, but I can't imagine enjoying playing in that team

Reply #894788 | Report this post

Ben  
Two years ago

Steve Kerr has said he chased him hard last season and was disappointed missing out on his signature. Would be cool seeing him join the Dubs winning culture. They are well over the cap but aren't phased by same.

Reply #894807 | Report this post

Cram  
Two years ago

Warriors would be good as it would allow him to be the second guard off the bench.

While Patty was awesome playing big minutes early in the season, I think it affected his second half. At this stage of his career he'd be best for 15-20 minutes a night max and only more minutes if he's really rolling.

Reply #894809 | Report this post

Weedy Slug  
Two years ago

Rumour is that it's the pelicans.

Reply #894812 | Report this post

Groote  
Two years ago

New Orleans 21 mill for three years (player option third year) was the report thrown around on ESPN earlier this afternoon

Reply #894815 | Report this post

LV  
Two years ago

Good deal for both sides? 7 mil might be a bargain now, but 3 years is nice for Patty at his age

If Zion gets healthy they could be good too

Reply #894817 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

He would be a good mentor for Dyson Daniels too.

The Nets are a sinking ship and Simmons is a bit of a lost cause now too.

Reply #894820 | Report this post

Cram  
Two years ago

The Pels would be great. Already looking forward to seeing that team play next season, having Patty there would just be the cherry on top.

Definitely a good chance to get a strong Aussie influence on Daniels early.

Reply #894849 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Two years ago

And re-signs with Nets for 2 years 14.5 million. All you Einstein's above lol

Reply #894870 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:21 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754