pattymillsMVP
Two years ago

Aron Baynes working out for NBA teams

Aron Baynes to work out for NBA teams in Las Vegas one year after spinal cord injury

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/34208419/aron-baynes-work-nba-teams-las-vegas-one-year-spinal-cord-injury

Topic #50242 | Report this topic

mball  
Two years ago

That's fantastic. Go Aron!!

Reply #895402 | Report this post

KWhite_Rulez  
Two years ago

Awesome news. Hopefully he's back at full health and can get into a good situation. Phoenix still need a good centre.

Reply #895431 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Two years ago

The prospect of him playing again is good news for the Boomers as well who still have a fair hole in the middle of their future projected teams.

Reply #895432 | Report this post

Cram  
Two years ago

Hope he can give it a red hot go.

He was close to falling out of the league even before the injury so it would be a great effort just to make it back after such a major injury at his age.

I can't see him ever being a rotation player again, but I still think he's a decent shot of finding a deep roster spot for a team that needs a genuine big whenever they face one of the handful of genuine bigs.

Reply #895436 | Report this post

Bored  
Two years ago

He will probably get a vet min deal or something similar on a decent team as an insurance policy.. someone who might go up against Philly or Denver in the playoffs and wants some size and experience off the bench in emergency situations.

But I hope he doesnt and can come back and play in the NBL!

Reply #895440 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

It's unlikely Baynes will get a contract out of this but good luck to him.

Every year veteran FA's that don't have offers from NBA teams workout with teams at SL in Las Vegas and they're usually the way past their prime guys and rarely do any of them get a contract so it's a last ditch attempt to keep his NBA hopes alive.

Likely he's going to need to play somewhere first like the NBL or Europe and play well enough there to warrant NBA interest which is a long shot even then.

Reply #895456 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Two years ago

It could probably go either way for him. There's always a place in the NBA for a big lump with experience that can set screens and he's exactly that. If not he'll probably come to the NBL. Good news for Boomers is he apparently has his eyes set on the world cup next year. I still think he's needed for that team and I cant think of anyone who brings what he can bring to that role. An in-form Isaac Humphries might be the only equivalent.

Reply #895477 | Report this post

BALLER#3  
Two years ago

Would love to see him in Dallas as the end of the bench big, boban role. Also can see him playing NBL and then if in form getting picked up mid season

Reply #895487 | Report this post

Beantown  
Two years ago

He could still fill a role on the end of Boston's bench. He's familiar with many of the guys on the team still. Plug him in here and there when injuries strike or rest is needed for Horford or Williams.

Reply #895488 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Bullets could sure use him, they probably won't spend the coin though.

Reply #895489 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:27 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754